• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry may not be covering Hogwarts Legacy (Update: Cunts showed up to John's home to harass him prior to all of this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyxos

Scared of Era. Weak and pathetic.
Eric Cartman Fight GIF by South Park

VivaR3V

Neo Member
Ban DF. Ban any links from any site who didn’t cover this game. They don’t deserve the ad impressions.

This is not a bad idea and has been mentioned a number of times. You simply cannot get through to these publications without some kind of action in response to their ridiculous aggressive actions.

They are essentially refusing to serve you as a customer because of some misguided view that they know better.

its a GAME and has a trans character included, who speaks like a man, walks like a man, has an adams apple and is wearing a dress!! What more does the Trans JK hating movement want from the game? These people are weirdos and I worry about what is happening to the gaming scene these days, if “journalists“ (and I use that word so loosely) believe they need to bring a movement into this.

it’s also no surprise about the DF guys as they frequent Era and would face issues there if they touched the game.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Performance on PC seems all over the place and the game is extremely CPU-heavy. There also seems to be memory allocation issues or RAM spillover but this isn't clear. I've seen some high-end machines run it fairly well while others run it like crap. Difficult to tell what's what but it'd be probably be best to wait for the Day 1 patch which I believe is due tomorrow.
This will be fixed, if not tomorrow then in the near future because PATCHES. While DF will remain a laughing stock for far longer. I guess Hogwarts Legacy pixels are transphobic as well.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Are you sure this is accurate? On the DF Patreon they said they couldn't review yet because they didn't receive review codes. They were discussing plans to cover it in the near future.

BeardGawd

Banned
What's amazing to me is that these people don't care what the vast majority of the PUBLIC wants. Just idiotic to try and force their opinion on everyone else. I view them as partisan hacks now.

Surely doing a purely technical video wouldn't have been an issue, especially given that IGN reviewed it (and gave it a great high score). I guess the idea is that they expect to get dogpiled for covering the game in any capacity whatsoever.
Dogpiled by the vast minority? Nah. Someone on staff, probably Battaglia, has some personal feelings about it.

Last edited:
Biggest release of the year so far and they’re not going to cover it because a small group of assholes will likely try to cancel them over it? Seems short sighted to me but whatever. They’re running a business at the end of the day.

Shame too as I’m sure Alex would have had a lot to say about the PC version.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Pathetic as fuck.
This is the most technically interesting release in some time.
Who cares what jkr thinks? She has a right to think whatever she likes.
Besides… she has nothing to do with the game anyway.

Where can we tell df that this is idiotic decision? There are no dislikes on yt

RafterXL

Who thought they would? John and Alex regularly post on ResetEra and after Ion Fury they probably don't to deal with the blowback.

trikster40

Game is phenomenal so far. -They really don’t understand their target audience because they’re afraid of a few loud opponents.

SaiyanRaoh

Honestly and I hate to say it, but things like this do more to harm Trans rights than help because it just turns everyone against them.
Yes, absolutely. And I gotta say, I’ve said some pretty incendiary shit towards them over the last couple of years myself. You don’t try to tell me what I can play with my own money and then try to shame me when I tell you to go fuck yourself. I’m not wired that way.

SCB3

Honestly and I hate to say it, but things like this do more to harm Trans rights than help because it just turns everyone against them.
It really does, it makes them all look like lunatics, I have Trans friends and colleagues, hell I'm a LGBT ally, guess what, most of them are pretty normal people who just want to be accepted for who they are,

Hell several of them are playing this game right now

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Are you sure this is accurate? On the DF Patreon they said they couldn't review yet because they didn't receive review codes. They were discussing plans to cover it in the near future.
99% certain as all sign points to them wanting to distance themselves from the game. If I'm wrong, I'll ask for mods to delete this thread and you can all feel free to shame me.

Saber

Gold Member
what was the issue with ion fury?

They made a joke and the crazies though was transphobic. Just like they think everything in life is transphobic.

I really wonder if this is all indeed a thing, but if true I unfortunatelly won't be following them. They should put their profissionslism in question.

mansoor1980

There’s a small section under the ‘reception’ tab on its wiki page.

It’s exactly what you’d expect although with a rare ending to the sorry tale.

They made a joke and the crazies though was transphobic. Just like they think everything in life is transphobic.

I really wonder if this is all indeed a thing, but if true I unfortunatelly won't be following them. They should put their profissionslism in question.
6cmlrrdd22j81.gif

Wait I thought GAF told me they were Xbox fanboys.
You mean they are actually Playstation fanboys?

P.S
Digital Foundry is under Eurogamer which in turn is wholly owned by the GNL (the same company that owns Rock Paper Shotgun, VG247, GameIndustry Biz etc etc)....which itself is wholly owned by Reel Ex......the DF guys are on a Salary, whether a video does well or not doesnt actually affect their pay.
Not covering Hogwartz Legacy on Digital Foundrys Youtube channel is not even a drop in the ocean in loss of potential revenue terms.
I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy. Only console I have is a Switch. I'm a PC gamer. Maybe I'm a PC fanboy...

From watching their videos in the past my impression is that they hate having to say anything that makes Playstation look bad. If they have to say a game looks better on Xbox or PC they it's almost like it's through gritted teeth.

Maybe I'm wrong and imagining it. Maybe they've changed. I don't watch a lot of their videos anymore so maybe they've shifted to Xbox but somehow I doubt it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Disappointing, they should be above this crap and just objectively tell us how the game runs.

And who is this guy posting that I don't reccon?

Alex Battleguy, their ray tracing stutter struggle master race expert.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
People calling them "cowards" don't seem to grasp the fact that Eurogamer and by extension DigitalFoundry aren't really part of the crowd who's afraid of repercussions.

They're part of the crowd who will stalk and attempt to use their leverage in the industry to destroy peoples' lives for not following the herd.

NXGamer NXGamer when are we going to get your coverage?

In the meantime there's ElAnalistaDeBits: (EDIT: didn't know it was banned)

Dictator is Alex Battaglia's account on Beyond3D.
The overlapping between Beyond3D and resetera users is probably close to 100% at this point.
Their sole active moderator has been working towards that goal for a decade.

Last edited:
It's a slippery slope these media outlets are going down. What games will they review which have dodgy people involved or on the periphery (and there are lots) - does that suggest they condone their actions by reviewing? What defines a game not to be reviewed from now on? Once you have a position you are burdened with it.

UnNamed

Banned
Other Eurogamer sites have the review:

So, it's not Eurogamer, it's not Warner Bros.
This is from some soyboy at Eurolamer.net.

MMaRsu

Banned
People calling them "cowards" don't seem to grasp the fact that Eurogamer and by extension DigitalFoundry aren't really part of the crowd who's afraid of repercussions.

They're part of the crowd who will stalk and attempt to use their leverage in the industry to destroy peoples' lives for not following the herd.

NXGamer NXGamer when are we going to get your coverage?

In the meantime there's ElAnalistaDeBits:

The overlapping between Beyond3D and resetera users is probably close to 100% at this point.
Their sole active moderator has been working towards that goal for a decade.

Anal bits is a fake tech review. They are proved frauds. We dont do anal bits here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom