• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry may not be covering Hogwarts Legacy (Update: Cunts showed up to John's home to harass him prior to all of this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Ion fury ?!? Why

fagbag.png

Jaybe

So. Just had a private conversation on Twitter with Linneman. He actually messaged me. I won't post the transcript but take my word for it. So basically what he told me is that he hates Harry Potter and that's why he won't cover it. But it will be covered. Juts not by him. They don't have the game yet. He also told me that someone he believed to be a person from Resetera showed up at his doorstep and that made it personal for him. He dislikes the place as much as we do actually. They somehow got a hold of his address.
OuFA9ZQ.jpg
Poor John. These Resetera people are like mentally unstable terrorists.

baphomet

I hate to see that because John knows his stuff, and seems like a genuinely nice guy.

I also feel like we should ask if he minds private conversations to be posted. Especially assuming they still know where he lives/etc.

That shit about someone from that other forum full of absolute neck beard cunts turning up at Johns place is completely unacceptable. The guy has kids for fuck sake and I’m sure they were all pretty scared.

All because of a fucking game? If that had happened to me, you bet I’d have been covering it the next day after giving that bellend a good slapping.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
So. Just had a private conversation on Twitter with Linneman. He actually messaged me. I won't post the transcript but take my word for it. So basically what he told me is that he hates Harry Potter and that's why he won't cover it. But it will be covered. Juts not by him. They don't have the game yet. He also told me that someone he believed to be a person from Resetera showed up at his doorstep and that made it personal for him. He dislikes the place as much as we do actually. They somehow got a hold of his address.
OuFA9ZQ.jpg
Jesus, that's horrifying, he didn't even do anything, so it was just like, preemptive? I swear Era is the most toxic place on the entire internet.

dottme

OuFA9ZQ.jpg
On one side, I would like to say I’m surprised by this behavior.
On the other side, I’m not at all.

1. I'm hearing there is a huge day one patch, but won't drop until tomorrow
2. John seems like an absolute insufferable asshole.
The "day one patch" was installed when you were downloading/ installing the game for early access play. There may be another patch tomorrow, but that's a new patch.

And for God's sake, come on. He is not in any way what you are describing. What are you even talking about??

Last edited:

TVexperto

OuFA9ZQ.jpg
Of course Schreier is still active on Era. Will he get banned there too since he will play it?

But its scary to thing some guy with pink hair showing up at your doorstep completely unhinged

If they do make a video I hope they call out ResetEra

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

OuFA9ZQ.jpg

Omg, WTH? they're getting out of hand. There have to be laws to protect people against these psychopaths!

Last edited:

LoveCake

The issue comes down to someone/people turning up at the house of one of the presenters, this is why they won't be covering it, it is okay saying "they should cover the game" but people are not turning up at your house.

Chiggs

Uh, were any menstrual cycles submitted as proof that "cunts" were indeed harassing our sweet John Boy?

Seems awfully assumptive to me.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The difference between this forum and there is vitriolic statements towards creatives and members is actually moderated. That is why they partake in that community. I remember when he left this forum because he was personally attacked.
Vitriolic statements are much worse than showing up at their house.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Linneman is the biggest cuck in the gaming space. I cannot stress enough how much I loathe this caricature of a man. Chased away by Ree. Came back crying asking for forgiveness and they still didn't want him back.
This kind of rhetoric is in poor taste, as is running to publicize your private messages with him even if it sheds light on the issue. If he's being harassed and this is all making his mental health problems worse he probably doesn't need public drama on top of all of it.

Gamers, grow the fuck up. It doesn't matter if DF covers the game or not. That goes for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom