• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry may not be covering Hogwarts Legacy (Update: Cunts showed up to John's home to harass him prior to all of this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So. Just had a private conversation on Twitter with Linneman. He actually messaged me. I won't post the transcript but take my word for it. So basically what he told me is that he hates Harry Potter and that's why he won't cover it. But it will be covered. Juts not by him. They don't have the game yet. He also told me that someone he believed to be a person from Resetera showed up at his doorstep and that made it personal for him. He dislikes the place as much as we do actually. They somehow got a hold of his address.
OuFA9ZQ.jpg

What the fuck?

This shit needs to be made known. These pieces of shit are the very thing they pretend to be against.

So. Just had a private conversation on Twitter with Linneman. He actually messaged me. I won't post the transcript but take my word for it. So basically what he told me is that he hates Harry Potter and that's why he won't cover it. But it will be covered. Juts not by him. They don't have the game yet. He also told me that someone he believed to be a person from Resetera showed up at his doorstep and that made it personal for him. He dislikes the place as much as we do actually. They somehow got a hold of his address.
OuFA9ZQ.jpg
Fucking bunch of wackos

OuFA9ZQ.jpg
What the fuck? As in literally showed up at his doorstep?

I think ResetEra should be investigated for harassment. I'm serious about that as they encourage it.

Last edited:

Stuart360

OuFA9ZQ.jpg
And this is before they even do any coverage for Hogwarts lol, jesus christ.

These sjw loons are honestly like the Nazi's in 1930's Nazi Germany, just without the violence.
But when you see stuff like this, it makes you wonder how long before violence is part of their schtick.

Bekind

Neo Member
Fair enough. i mean people do whatever they want. Just dont pressure others doing the same. This applies to those who play the game and those who dont play the game. All good

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
OuFA9ZQ.jpg
Mother fuckers. Leave John alone. I have my issues with him but the dude is on twitter every few months contemplating suicide. he needs to quit twitter, era and every other social media for his own mental health.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This argument is just linguistic fuckwittery that adds no value.
The whole conversation is linguistic fuckwittery that adds no value, that's literally my point. It's not an argument over science and facts, it's an argument over language and how we treat people. And the more I say that the more you all just make that point for me over and over.
The ”people that menstruate” thing that set JKR off is dehumanising to women, at least in her view. It’s a legitimate point of view. Not at all hateful.
I'm perfectly fine with JKR having editorial opinions as a writer. This doesn't make the conversation "scientific." That's my point.

You don’t win arguments in the long term just by redefining language, it eventually collides with reality.
Language changes all the time. But we have been gendering people socially by how they "seem" rather than by what's in their chromosomes or whether or not the bleed from their snatch for a very loooooong time.

Transwomen have been allowed to change their gender on their birth certificate, use whatever bathrooms, marry people of the opposite sex, and have been gendered as women for decades and decades. The efforts to tie the meaning to chromosomes is new and doesn't really reflect how we gender people irl.

Even now, I never see anyone misgender transwomen when they're high passing and moderately attractive. No one ever misgenders Kim Petras or Harisu or whatever, but when someone ugly and mannish asks for their pronouns people lose their shit. I get why that wouldn't be intuitive, and that not everyone who misgenders someone who is low-passing is doing it to be a dick on purpose, but I think the whole thing exposes what this is really about.

Last edited:

Stuart360

But its mostly not them though, its the blue haired loonies who think they are the gatekeepers of the world.
I have said this numerous times before but i honestly think they are a danger to society, the longer they can get away with their fascist ideology.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am guessing this was when era cancelled him for doing a video on Iron fury. He really liked the game and had no idea the developer had made some controversial (read: innocuous) comments.

It was quite a scene. I am surprised he ever went back on era after that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

These sjw loons are honestly like the Nazi's in 1930's Nazi Germany, just without the violence.
But when you see stuff like this, it makes you wonder how long before violence is part of their schtick.
Baddie GIF by Giphy QA

Senua

But its mostly not them though, its the blue haired loonies who think they are the gatekeepers of the world.
I have said this numerous times before but i honestly think they are a danger to society, the longer they can get away with their fascist ideology.
I know i was just showing how they'd fight, and i'm still hopeful its a phase and even their "allies" will distance themselves the more extreme they get

Stuart360

Is fucking cohhcarnage not playing the game aswell like bitchingcowboy?
To be fair he's not playing it because he doesnt like HP. He did say he may play it in the future is his community tell him its a 'must play'.
Cohh did say part of the reson was the potential backlash, but he did say he WOULD of played it if he was a HP fan.
He is playing that Russian game for example, even though he's had lots of messages threatening unsubs etc if he does.

Tripolygon

Banned
Did I fucking say that, genius?
The difference between this forum and there is vitriolic statements towards creatives and members is actually moderated. That is why they partake in that community. I remember when he left this forum because he was personally attacked.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Wait I thought GAF told me they were Xbox fanboys.
You mean they are actually Playstation fanboys?
Can only speak for John Linneman. Hes vocally shown a distaste towards xbox. He once said something along the lines that xbox has no place in the gaming industry and it would be better if they weren't. During the xbox one ps4 era, he was very negative towards xbox's disadvantages, but pretty quiet when the one x was beating the ps4 pro.

He also has a giant shelf of playstation games.

as for the other digital foundry members, they dont seem to have a strong bias.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The difference between this forum and there is vitriolic statements towards creatives and members is actually moderated. That is why they partake in that community. I remember when he left this forum because he was personally attacked.
Why are you even talking about this forum vs that forum? None of that was parsed from my comment. But there there, let it all out.
Fight Club Hug GIF

Senua

Yea reeee is way better, they only turn up at your god damn house! bloody meanies on gaf saying john looks like the Ackchyually guy are much worse.

nNGDPdH.gif

Gideon

Based, either choice would have pissed people off, they just chose the option that pissed more people off 😂 love to see all the anger 🙂.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
OuFA9ZQ.jpg
If that's so, then i's matter for the police.
No reason to give in to the crazy crowd

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
OuFA9ZQ.jpg
Added to the OP.

SCB3

To be fair he's not playing it because he doesnt like HP. He did say he may play it in the future is his community tell him its a 'must play'.
Cohh did say part of the reson was the potential backlash, but he did say he WOULD of played it if he was a HP fan.
He is playing that Russian game for example, even though he's had lots of messages threatening unsubs etc if he does.
And see that there is a perfect example, he doesn’t like HP so no interest in playing it, that’s completely fine by me, I get that and I’m by know means a Cohh fan because of some of the things he’s done before

Yeah it’s definitely people from this forum showing up at people’s doorsteps lmao.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And he was attacked on that forum as well for doing an unapproved game by the cult, as well as twitter and now his home. Do keep up, plant.

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with some people.

It’s fine to hate on Rowling, the game itself and maybe it’s even okay to hate Snape. But don’t fucking harass people just because they are doing their job.

Not sure why anyone cares if DF covers this game or not. I mean really care like some of the people ITT do. Man this thread is a bad look.

anthony2690

Banned
Jesus Christ, just seen the update.

I told you John had a valid reason to not want to cover this game regardless of not liking Harry Potter or not.

These people are dangerous.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Thread Update:

Fucking WoW

Someone else suggested the same thing; I hope this is gets enough mainstream traffic and 'we' all realize 'we' have been terrorized by a very small group of lunatics all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom