• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Xbox Scorpio

Crap... This is too similar to PS4 pro. I kind of want it for UHD Blu Ray and new dashboard, but it's going to be hard to justify...

EDIT: I have PS4 pro already. Multip[latforms will not look that much better on this thing.

Widge

Same old questions apply though. No bump in technology can offset their pretty awful regard for software that has been in effect since halfway through the 360 gen.

Will Microsoft secure exclusive game content outside of the launch window?
Will Microsoft be making more games than their core of Gears/Forza/Halo?

TyrantII

Forced 16x AF and v-sync is amazing.

Maybe. If there's more than a marginal cost I'd rather let developers choose how to implement that kinda stuff

Sure, some will mess up and not pay attention, but others might need the computational power in certain places and dial things appropriately.

the video is 15 mins and hasnt even been up for 15 mins, already 150 dislikes.

Fucking console fanboys.

And i say that as someone who sold his Xbox and have a PS4 Pro.

vivekTO

d6a43748_o.png

longdi

Banned
How do they get the 328gbs bandwidth?

DF always suspected Scorpio to be a console that blurs the line between generation, did MS get back to you guys about this conjecture?

Fuchsdh

Looks like what I was expecting, although a 7200RPM HDD is a small but very nice upgrade from my low expectations in that area.

The price is still what'll decide things, though.

bigJP

i like this:

So even with a regular 1080p TV, you'll be able to choose between performance modes that make the game run better, or resolution modes that will then "supersample" the 4K image down to your 1080p display, which should give you superb image quality - basically, a fantastically smooth and pretty picture. It's like having the ultimate anti-aliasing solution.

Not sure if I agree, especially looking at the bandwidth difference.
Even if it's like a Kaio Ken x4 to the Pro's
Kaio Ken x2 do we really expect a lot of games to fully take advantage of it, especially when they don't even fully take advantage of the Pro as it is? Especially with the massive gap in install base between the PS4 and Xbox.

^ Duck, my thoughts before the reveal was £500 and after I agree I think it's gonna be slightly more ^

Crap... This is too similar to PS4 pro. I kind of want it for UHD Blu Ray and new dashboard, but it's going to be hard to justify...

Have you even watched the video?

black070

Great that they delivered on exactly what they set out to do. Hopefully we can finally put the deluded 'it's next gen' claims to rest.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
God damn, Rich's comments about them over delivering on the hardware are mouth watering.

I'm sticking to my Pro because of the games coming to it for the foreseeable future though.

Top Bottom