• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on now, it's a date posted just as a joke, no need to investigate so much.

...I'm mentally stressed by this wait, my mind needs this to end as soon as possible, damn it :( I fear only the announcement of the event can free me of this thought, not even playing / going out with friends completely make this thought disappear. Too much fanxiety, but I don't know what to do.

Time to wait again, it seems, eh. To tomorrow!

I'm mentally stressed too. The wait is so hard. I can't even enjoy my life because of the waiting for NX. Just them announcing a reveal date for the NX is enough for me.

I wished if someone knew they could tell me so I can be relieved.

bomblord1

Banned
She didn't have any idea when it would be revealed until just before she posted the October tweet. Even just 9 hours before that she was in the dark.

So, nothing is being announced today. That means that we're seriously entering delay territory if we assume that nothing will be said next week due to Pokemon. If October 11th comes and goes without a peep, it's time to panic. At that point, the only hope would be a Direct being announced just days in advance.

October 11th would be a bit of an odd choice.

Ashby

I'm mentally stressed too. The wait is so hard. I can't even enjoy my life because of the waiting for NX. Just them announcing a reveal date for the NX is enough for me.

I fully recognize how utterly ridiculous it is but I have this to a degree as well. I feel silly but the anxiety really is having a bit of a deleterious affect on my general well-being.

Schnozberry

If the reveal is delayed to January, it's reasonable to expect that the launch has been delayed as well.

No, it's not reasonable. Tech products routinely go from announcement to release in a matter of weeks, let alone months. If this truly is a reboot from Nintendo, as it seems to be, then attempting to discern their approach based on their previous habits or gaming industry norms will likely lead you down the wrong path.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The earnings release is a very good reason.

No, it isn't. They could have an announcement anywhere near that day if they wished to no negative effect on the March release.

Malus

I'll vandalize their headquarters with a paint gun.

I'll go on hunger strike.

But only when I'm hungry for cabbage.

Don't feel down, Gamefly is available for $1 for returning members until October 10th. Tokyo Mirage Sessions here I come!

I say "_____ is pointless" a lot when it comes to NX speculation, but predicting a date of reveal is pointless in my opinion. :p

You can make a case for literally any date. Just save yourself the headache and do other things while waiting for the announcement instead of fixating on phantom dates. That's just my two cents.

Hermii

Someone talked about the nes mini. It took less than 24 hours from that was announced to it was all over facebook. Pokémon go got popular in no time. If Nx is a truly appealing and unique product it doesn't need much time from reveal to launch. I think a shitload of marketing everywhere for a few months would do the trick.

I fully recognize how utterly ridiculous it is but I have this to a degree as well. I feel silly but the anxiety really is having a bit of a deleterious affect on my general well-being.
I feel embarrassed -.-'

I'll go on hunger strike.

But only when I'm hungry for cabbage.

Don't feel down, Gamefly is available for $1 for returning members until October 10th. Tokyo Mirage Sessions here I come!

Haha I'm playing some Wii U games I haven't played and DQVII for the 3DS. Enjoy TMS, I really liked the game.

When do we typically hear about Nintendo Direct dates? Is it the NoA Twitter feed?

If so, I guess we only need to watch that twitter feed like a hawk and nothing will happen unless it comes from there first.

It's usually around 5am-7am PT on Tuesdays. They've announced directs on Wednesday mornings too.

When do we typically hear about Nintendo Direct dates? Is it the NoA Twitter feed?

If so, I guess we only need to watch that twitter feed like a hawk and nothing will happen unless it comes from there first.

Neoxon

Someone talked about the nes mini. It took less than 24 hours from that was announced to it was all over facebook. Pokémon go got popular in no time. If Nx is a truly appealing and unique product it doesn't need much time from reveal to launch. I think a shitload of marketing everywhere for a few months would do the trick.
But the problem is that as far as hardware goes, Nintendo's at rock-bottom. They need the time to tell the masses that whatever the NX's final name will be is a Nintendo product that's worth buying.

udivision

It would have popped up an hour ago. They typically tweet them on Tuesdays.

Anth0ny

usually tuesdays or wednesdays I think. if they don't say shit tomorrow by 9am it's time to look forward to next week.

Pinky

Banned
Nintendo.... C'mon now....

0fBeDmR.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I say "_____ is pointless" a lot when it comes to NX speculation, but predicting a date of reveal is pointless in my opinion. :p

You can make a case for literally any date. Just save yourself the headache and do other things while waiting for the announcement instead of fixating on phantom dates. That's just my two cents.

I always said November so I'm Team November! :D

Hermii

But the problem is that as far as hardware goes, Nintendo's at rock-bottom. They need the time to tell the masses that whatever the NX's final name will be is a Nintendo product that's worth buying.
T
Of course, but if it actually is a product that appeals to the masses and is priced right, it will sell itself. The Wii U obviously wasn't. If of course terrible marketing didn't help, but it wouldn't have been another Wii either way.

maxcriden

Mpl, Ashby and DC-- sorry to hear you all are feeling stressed over NX. Would it help it imagine the worst case scenario, so you could feel like, hey, even if it happened id live through it? What realistically is that scenario? Cancellation of NX and Zelda? Closure of Nintendo? Those seem exceptionally unlikely if it's any consolation.

Didn't Nintendo said they will announce NX Info in fall?

Fall just started so why the agitation?

Plenty of time to announce the thing and plenty of time before match 2017 release.

Neoxon

T
Of course, but if it actually is a product that appeals to the masses and is priced right, it will sell itself. The Wii U obviously wasn't. If of course terrible marketing didn't help, but it wouldn't have been another Wii either way.
But that still brings up the issue of branding. PlayStation is a well-known brand. Xbox is a well-known brand. iPhone is a well-known brand. Unless Nintendo names the NX "Nintendo", they won't have a well-known brand that still has appeal.

MuchoMalo

Banned
No, it isn't. They could have an announcement anywhere near that day if they wished to no negative effect on the March release.

They never hold directs or events in the same week as IR stuff. It's not happening later than the 22nd if it's happening in October.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I don't like to tell people what to do but you really need to find a new goal to get NX off your mind because getting stressed over something isn't healthy for your health overall.

I understand that everyone in this thread are excited about upcoming nintendo console but if people are going to focused on the system so much that they might build up their expectations for worst, and potentially getting disappointed when they saw the real console.

That's why I don't really get into console speculations that much but I only lurked the threads once in awhile to see if there are any juicy rumors tho.

and I only buy consoles for the games, not for console itself

Richie

Yeah the folks feeling actually anxious about the lack o' news need to take a vacation away from the hype train. The more you let it affect you, the more you'll be inevitably disappointed when it turns out this product you turned into a mythical unicorn doesn't live to your expectations one way or the other.

Go work in your backlog, take a look at other spectrums of the gaming world, to say nothing of that outside its boundaries with all the distractions it offers...

As it stands, my current bets are, at the earliest, the week following Color Splash's release (which looks totally deserving of some spotlight for itself), but I feel safer betting on the shareholders' event come late October. For all intents and purposes I'm gonna set my eyes on the, 25th I think it is? And expect nothing beforehand.

udivision

T
If Nintendo only gives themselves a month or two to market the thing, and it doesn't light the world on fire, they're screwed. There's no buffer. But if they have a longer timeframe, they can adjust their marketing accordingly.

Of course, there are logistical issues to. They can't have all the Try It Yoursrlf demoes, console giveaways, and talk show appearances going on at the same time in a short time span.

Sorry Guys,
I am the first one to say I can not wait for the reveal, but I have word that the Nx should of been revealed at TGS no matter if you believe this or not I really don't care.

It is starting to look unfortunately that something has not gone to plan, even though we have had nothing from Nintendo officially to say anything other than a March 2017 release. I do feel a delay of the reveal originally planned has happened.

I feel we wont get anything till October or later now, i previously thought that Nintendo would have to get something out by the end of this month but I am thinking end of October or later now.

The only other thing I have heard is that the hybrid rumour is the total USP, its more than that.

Now I don't want people calling me a liar etc., as I am just sharing what I have heard. Hopefully I am wrong and before end of this week we do get something but it looks more and more that this is the truth.

To be honest though I would rather have a stellar launch line up, and being able to see some of this as more than just teaser trailers or tech demo's.

Take this information as you will, I am not one to proclaim I am insider or anything but i am lucky in the sense that I do get to hear some information

I do hope I am wrong.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Plenty of time to announce the thing and plenty of time before match 2017 release.

You can't feasibly announce a product during the Holiday season. So that basically leaves October.

Sorry Guys,
I am the first one to say I can not wait for the reveal, but I have word that the Nx should of been revealed at TGS no matter if you believe this or not I really don't care.

It is starting to look unfortunately that something has not gone to plan, even though we have had nothing from Nintendo officially to say anything other than a March 2017 release. I do feel a delay of the reveal originally planned has happened.

I feel we wont get anything till October or later now, i previously thought that Nintendo would have to get something out by the end of this month but I am thinking end of October or later now.

The only other thing I have heard is that the hybrid rumour is the total USP, its more than that.

Now I don't want people calling me a liar etc., as I am just sharing what I have heard. Hopefully I am wrong and before end of this week we do get something but it looks more and more that this is the truth.

To be honest though I would rather have a stellar launch line up, and being able to see some of this as more than just teaser trailers or tech demo's.

Take this information as you will, I am not one to proclaim I am insider or anything but i am lucky in the sense that I do get to hear some information

I do hope I am wrong.

Sorry, what's USP?

L Thammy

Yeah the folks feeling actually anxious about the lack o' news need to take a vacation away from the hype train. The more you let it affect you, the more you'll be inevitably disappointed when it turns out this product you turned into a mythical unicorn doesn't live to your expectations one way or the other.

Go work in your backlog, take a look at other spectrums of the gaming world, to say nothing of that outside its boundaries...As it stands, my current bets are, at the earliest, the week following Color Splash's release, but I feel safer betting on the shareholders' event come late October. For all intents and purposes I'm gonna set my eyes on the, 25th I think it is? And expect nothing beforehand.

Normally I'd be saying this same thing too, but the Beyond Good & Evil thing is like a kick in the balls when I'm two seconds away. Kimishima's a dominatrix in his spare time, I'm telling you right now.

Sorry, what's USP?

Without reading the post you quoted: probably Unique Selling Preposition
EDIT: What they're claiming is that the hybrid factor is not the only main selling point of the NX.

MuchoMalo

Banned
No, it's not reasonable. Tech products routinely go from announcement to release in a matter of weeks, let alone months. If this truly is a reboot from Nintendo, as it seems to be, then attempting to discern their approach based on their previous habits or gaming industry norms will likely lead you down the wrong path.

The tech products you speak of are either annual or iterations. Nintendo isn't going to reveal NX a week before launch. January isn't completely ruled out, but I'm just stating what's likely. February is unlikely because they'll likely want to do it before an earnings release so they can add it to their forecasts. If thinking that they're going to pull an Apple for a product with a 5-year lifespan which sells based on software comforts you, then by all means think that way. However, in the real world, there are key differences between the iPhone and a Nintendo console which result in the console needing a longer lead time.

Malus

People were hoping to see this thing at E3 until Nintendo threw a wet blanket on things. The wait has been long.

Malus

Sorry Guys,

I do hope I am wrong.

John Harker seemingly heard it was originally supposed to be by TGS, and Emily is teasing October. Nothing really new here.

The only thing that has me concerned about a delay once again is ShockingAlberto's vague comments.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
But that still brings up the issue of branding. PlayStation is a well-known brand. Xbox is a well-known brand. iPhone is a well-known brand. Unless Nintendo names the NX "Nintendo", they won't have a well-known brand that still has appeal.

It's mainly becauseMicrosoft and Sony doesn't focus on video games business solely so it's more likely that they would rather to stick with their Playstation and Xbox brand names because they probably doesn't want the customers to be confused with their other products.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is well known brand by itself. Hell, Nintendo logo is more likely to be everywhere as you see with their products, and people are more likely to acknowledge that when they see the logo. See those 4 pictures, and you would notice Nintendo logo being there.

Nintendo itself and Nintendo logo itself are the brand name for Nintendo. Honestly, I do think that most of customers are accustomed to see Nintendo having different names for the consoles because it's the way they would know that it's not same console as previous. That's probably why some people were confused about Wii U because they thought it wasn't new console.

This is true but at some point you have to inform your local branches so they can plan marketing, retail strategies and budget for next year.

Kyzer

Banned
Sorry Guys,

I do hope I am wrong.

so you "have word" but you're not an insider and also you feel like they should have revealed by the presidential elections?

I find it hard to believe your source wasn't just speculating unless you know for a fact they are an insider, so Im confused what youre saying here

Hydrus

Sorry Guys,

I do hope I am wrong.

Maybe Bish should look into how you got your "word".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom