• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes Rumor: New version of Xbox One coming early next year?

Do it! haha I just cannot see it happening. Microsoft is all in on this stuff. It's fundamental to the system.
I agree and if they were serious with Kinect and their "future", their next console should be a singular unit entirely within the form factor on the current Kinect. Just that, with no disk drives and no power brick.

A Kinect that plays games.

Done.

Gaz_RB

I agree and if they were serious with Kinect and their "future", their next console should be a singular unit entirely within the form factor on the current Kinect. Just that, with no disk drives and no power brick.

A Kinect that plays games.

Done.

you crack me up

Though at this rate, it'll be a Kinect that plays $.99 apps powered by microtransactions

eldudebro

Personally, I am holding out for the eventual redesigned slim. The XBO current design is just too damn ugly for my tastes.

May be a silly reason to hold out, but it's what i'm doing.

Hopefully there will be a good catalog of exclusives on the machine for me to get my teeth into by that time.

Rockondevil

I'd rather they keep Kinect but wear the loss themselves.

If they remove Kinect dev's will never use it again. But if it is in every box they may actually add little features to it sometimes which can be quite useful (the shoving in Dead Rising, or arguably the leaning in BF).

NHale

To those saying this will be a Kinect-less console. They don't need a new version of the console to remove Kinect. They can do that anytime with this model, they just have to take out the camera out of the package.

Considering Tom Warren recent posts, this fits completely with his rumor of a non-gaming Xbox One.

If they made one with 24CU and GDDR5, I would buy in a second.

Unfortunately that will never happen. Unless Microsoft completely lost their mind and decided to end the Xbox division.

bryanee

MS you release a Kinect less Bone I'll fucking buy it day one or you could take the 100 quid hit on dropping the price of the current bundle.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
mj-laughing.gif

Hahaha! Damn, that Michael Jackson GIF slays me every time.

Liamario

Banned
Sorry Albert, but your words have been deemed highly questionable in recent weeks (and justifiably so). I don't what's going to happen, but I know you're the last person I'd probably ask for the truth from.

Kalamari

I have a hunch it might be Kinect-less with a small hard drive, pretty bare bones, yet they will still try to price it at $399.

Kanokare

If true, I'll say it's the original plan for Xbox One. It'll be called Xbox One Original just to make it more confusing with the Xbox Original.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Guys really. Why would they ask for a new thing to be manufactured from the manufacturer if they are just taking a thing out of the box

really

Can we stop shitting on xbone for 2 seconds and get over the kinectsuxor thing

Top Bottom