• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dimensions of Xbox Series X are 15 x 15 x 30 cm.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
xbox-series-x-dimensions.jpg

This is calculated relative to the size of the USB Type A port.

Last edited:
If you went by dick length, it would be double the average mans, and then the average going lengthways. A Ruler's width Vertically, Half Horizontally.

That is not a bad size overall. Certainly a great size given the power of the Scarlett.

ethomaz

Banned
Bigger to smaller order.

PS3: 27.4 x 32.5 x 9.8 cm = 8726 cm3
XB: 26 x 32 x 10 cm = 8320 cm3
16 x 16 x 31 cm est. = 7936 cm3
XB1: 27.4 x 33.3 x 7.9 cm = 7208 cm3
15 x 15 x 30 cm est. = 6750 cm3
PS4 P: 29.5 x 32.7 x 5.5 cm = 5305 cm3
PS4: 27.5 x 30.5 x 5.3 cm = 4445 cm3
XB1 S: 23 x 29.5 x 6.4 cm = 4342 cm3
XB1 X: 24 x 30 x 6 cm = 4320 cm3
PS4 S: 26.5 x 28.8 x 3.9 cm = 2976 cm3
SW: 10.2 x 23.9 x 1.39 cm = 338 cm3

Edit - Updated with all volume.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
That's really small, using my laptop to measure.
Basically your average 17' laptop, from front to back is this things height and the 15cm is really compact.
Makes for a nice looking console TBH, I have to hand it to them it's really appealing and pleasant/clean looking.

ethomaz

Banned
That's really small, using my laptop to measure.
Basically your average 17' laptop, from front to back is this things height and the 15cm is really compact.
Makes for a nice looking console TBH, I have to hand it to them it's really appealing and pleasant/clean looking.
Windows Central used too the USB-A port and got a bit more in size... so there is some margin of error.

About compact... well it is almost twice the size any other console launched this gen except original XB1.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
i have to have it laying down or its gonna block the tv. infact i think laying down it will still block the tv..

DanielsM

Banned
10-15% bigger than the original Xbox. Wow.

Update: looks like 10-20% smaller than the original Xbox.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It is smaller.

XB volume: 8320 cm3
XSX OP volume: 6750 cm3 (-19%)
XSX WC volume: 7936 cm3 (-5%)

Well if you use the Windows Central estimate it is close.

Whats op and wc?

And are u talking about the original xbox or OG Xbox one.
Compared to the X1X the XSX has about 40% more volume.

Shin

Banned

About compact... well it is twice the size any other console launched this gen.
What's the point of comparing a next gen console to the current or even past ones?
A reactionary post that makes no sense whatsoever, beside downplaying the thing.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Centimeters? I'm in 'Merica

That thing sounds huge!!! How does Microsoft expect me to play an XBox Series X when it cant even fit inside the building?
I’m French so I use centimeters (more simple and universal measurement unit 😘) but if it’s an US base forum (?)
Someone should give the imperial measurement conversion for OP.

but ‘merica , seriously feet, inches, pounds, gallons Fahrenheit etc...

what’s wrong with you?

just trolling sorry.

back on topic.
It’s not that big but I was wondering if the air flow will be as efficient if it’s not vertical?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Despite the different dimensions, the design language of the XSX is the same as the X1X, its matte black, buttons look the same as does the disc drive.

I wonder if Sony will continue the design language as the slim and the pro, with there slanted slab design and matte plastic.

Lone Wolf

I’m French so I use centimeters (more simple and universal measurement unit 😘) but if it’s an US base forum (?)

what’s wrong with you?

just trolling sorry.

back on topic.
It’s not that big but I was wondering if the air flow will be as efficient if it’s not vertical?
Celsius is lame. Kelvin is where it’s at.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

what’s wrong with you?

just trolling sorry.

back on topic.
Now, I realise why people here cant scale the Series X. For those who didnt get it :
15 cm = 6 inch
30 cm = 12 inch

Fake

Are they using the Xbox series X trailer to measure or they got time to really saw the console in real life?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
What I'm wondering is if I should put it behind my tv in the vertical position like they want or if I can get away with putting it horizontal on one of my trays. I'm legit concerned about airflow with this design.

ethomaz

Banned
What's the point of comparing a next gen console to the current or even past ones?
A reactionary post that makes no sense whatsoever, beside downplaying the thing.
You make a ridiculous comment about being small and after you say it can’t be compared with other consoles? lol

What your point?

Shin

Banned
If that's really small, what's the Switch then? Micro small?
I'm talking about this console (as per thread) and it's form factor.
Considering that it might sport 5x the power of the current gen launch consoles in a similar sized box I find it quite a feat.

You make a ridiculous comment about being small and after you say it can’t be compared with other consoles? lol

What your point?
The only thing ridiculous is you comparing a next gen console to current ones, an even playing field would be PS5.
By comparing it to current consoles your logic and method is flawed.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I'm talking about this console (as per thread) and it's form factor.
Considering that it might sport 5x the power of the current gen launch consoles in a similar sized box I find it quite a feat.

The only thing ridiculous is you comparing a next gen console to current ones, an even playing field would be PS5.
By comparing it to current consoles your logic and method is flawed.
Consoles can be compared with consoles... shocking I know lol
Nope. It is common sense.
Consoles can be compared with consoles... shocking lol

Small :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom