• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Direct captures of FFVII Advent Children

Alucard

Banned
Junon cannon! Tifa getting the crap beat out of her! Cloud walking through the chapel! It's all so pretty. I just hope they take their time with the story. There seems to be an awful lot of locations and characters to pack into an hour and a half.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
If this was the Final Fantasy movie that was released in theaters, I have the sneaking sensation that it'd of sold quite abit better.

Alucard said:
Junon cannon! Tifa getting the crap beat out of her! Cloud walking through the chapel! It's all so pretty. I just hope they take their time with the story. There seems to be an awful lot of locations and characters to pack into an hour and a half.

I remember them saying it's going to be a 60-minute movie when it was first announced.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I really like what they did with all the redesigned character, they are simply awesome. I'm not really expecting anything worthwhile story wise to be honest, not that I doubt the team I just know next to nothing about the peice to even have a decent assumption of what will go on.

neptunes

screen020.jpg

The Faceless Master said:
i thought it looked pretty lame... tsw looked more impressive...

TSW is more technically impressive. This has a much more impressive artstyle though. Just watch the trailers of it.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Advent Children has such a dull look. The Spirit Within is much, much better in that regard.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
cybamerc said:
Advent Children has such a dull look. The Spirit Within is much, much better in that regard.

Thank you for your incite.

It actually looks kinda like anime inspired Blizzard CG...

jiggle

So pretty. It kind feels unfair to use summons in a fight, in a movie. But I hope they'll make an appearance.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Well if nothing else this answers the question of did humans survive....

jett

D-Member
cybamerc said:

I think they both look dull. In fact the FMV in FFX is more "attractive" to me.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
jett said:
I think they both look dull. In fact the FMV in FFX is more "attractive" to me.
Haven't played it but I'm not a big fan of the art style. FFVII's FMV looks a lot better than Advent Children though (not technically of course).

cybamerc said:
Haven't played it but I'm not a big fan of the art style. FFVII's FMV looks a lot better than Advent Children though (not technically of course).
yeah, the art direction in advent children has taken a sharp nosedive

neptunes

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, the art direction in advent children has taken a sharp nosedive

well I don't think there are many other choices, given the movies storyline.

Having half the world destroyed by meteor/holy and this new sickness that most people have (Geostigman/Star Scar Syndrome) You can already tell the movie has this gloom/hopeless atmosphere and the dark artstyle helps.

jett

D-Member
The world wasn't destroyed, just Midgar...supposedly. I want to see Wutai, Costa del Sol and other, more colorful places. :p

nitewulf

dark10x said:
I especially dig this one...

197341_20040510_screen030.jpg

Looks very "Blizzard-like", actually...

well blizzard fmvs for their warcraft games are really top notch in quality and have tremendous style.
which is why i always wondered how come american games tend to have bad art in general, blizzard fmv cutscenes are certainly as impressive as any FF cutscenes, IMO.

hooo

boooy
SolidSnakex said:
All I know is that if we get games in this style next gen, i'll be very happy.

lol, That won't be happening unless gaming and FF becomes a household item. The buget on just the art assets has to be HUGE.

nitewulf

if it was upto me, i'd make an action rpg based on sepiroth where you could destroy the whole world. such a wasted opportunity.

neptunes

DPM: When and why you decided to make a continuation of Final Fantasy VII pennies this form?

TN: Approximately one year ago, Visual Works (a company which created the sequences kinematics of Public garden) chose FFVII as topic for the production which they were going to create. Our departments of research and development worked with them, and I have join them after a request of the producer Yoshinori Kitase. It will be published like a continuation, but at the it beginning only one soft copy was supposed being.

I can't believe they considered making a game at one point.

hooo said:
lol, That won't be happening unless gaming and FF becomes a household item. The buget on just the art assets has to be HUGE.

Yah I know. But it'd be nice wouldn't it? This does cement Naora as one of the best art directors in the industry. Everytime he works on a game (or in this case a movie) the art direction is just incredible.

Stele

Holds a little red book
Just by seeing the trailer, I could already tell it'll have a glut of that Japanese-patented melodrama. I find that shit pretentious as hell, but I'll see it once.

SolidSnakex said:
All I know is that if we get games in this style next gen, i'll be very happy.
When video games become completely non-interactive instead of mostly non-interactive like they are this gen.

Top Bottom