• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DirectX 12 adds a 20% gpu boost to the PC version of Fable

Deadbeat

Banned
There are tons of reasons to own and use consoles before you get to exclusives. I only get incredulous about it when people who spend a lot on games, play them daily, and use an enthusiast forum about them still see the slight extra effort and initial expense of owning a PC as too much.
Thats because its all about list wars for exclusives. One side can argue against the other when an exclusive is lost to another platform. Its not about playing the game on PC as those people will never play games on PC due to whatever dumb arguments they construct.

Misquote or not IDK why so many believed this meant a 20% boost for the XBox One GPU performance. Unless I was missing some sarcasm.

get

Not Mine

As a long time Knight Rider fan who just recently replaced his KARR avatar, this is amazing.

Full DX12 video up.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GDC/GDC-2015/Advanced-DirectX12-Graphics-and-Performance

Unity move from DX11 to DX 12.

Before: 23ms for the frame

hHpDEkW.png

After: 13ms for the frame.

Mgn9k19.png

I need some help from more of the technically sound crowd here.

01166lz0s4xuet82q1wr.jpg
veemhqc286k5isfbl9i2.jpg

vHf9DrH.png

Also, there are two feature levels. FL 12.0 which is pretty much all cards and Maxwell is FL 12.1.

The 20% GPU improvement quoted by Phil appears to be related to UAV barriers and the improvement in Fable Legends when you just move from DX11 to DX12. It jumps from 900p to 1080p. More details on Friday.

rugt0et.png

mhayze

Full DX12 video up.

01166lz0s4xuet82q1wr.jpg
veemhqc286k5isfbl9i2.jpg

vHf9DrH.png

Link to explanation
ROV - Rasterizer Ordered Views
Allows the game engine to quickly render transparency correctly with respect to what's in front of or behind a transparent object.

Conservative Rasterization
Increases the accuracy of rasterization (rendering of pixels) when trying to figure out whether an object edge should or should not be included or covered by a rendered pixel. This can be used (amongst other things) to help with voxel rendering (think Minecraft) and for collision/edge detection.

Typed UAV Loads - (Unordered Access Views)
An efficiency play - pretty technical feature that accelerates the use of a special type of buffer that can be shared across GPU / threads with limited collisions. This feature provides more API support for using the buffer with typed elements, and loading and storing typed data in the buffers

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Could the collision detection stuff be used for models as well and possibly put an end to clipping? :O

Ape

Banned
Full DX12 video up.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GDC/GDC-2015/Advanced-DirectX12-Graphics-and-Performance

Unity move from DX11 to DX 12.

Before: 23ms for the frame

hHpDEkW.png

After: 13ms for the frame.

Mgn9k19.png

01166lz0s4xuet82q1wr.jpg
veemhqc286k5isfbl9i2.jpg

vHf9DrH.png

Also, there are two feature levels. FL 12.0 which is pretty much all cards and Maxwell is FL 12.1.

The 20% GPU improvement quoted by Phil appears to be related to UAV barriers and the improvement in Fable Legends when you just move from DX11 to DX12. It jumps from 900p to 1080p. More details on Friday.

rugt0et.png

New thread pls

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Yeah, like I was watching now and heard him say it, didn't sound anything like he was talking about XB1 so I don't know how anyone got confused.

Regardless, my scepticism was confirmed.

Top Bottom