• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DIRT 5 |OT| DirtStormClub

OutRun88

These are all from the same race. The time of day and weather changes during a race are really cool.

8nfNDiU.jpg

B7Eqyga.jpg

N95KeAw.jpg

BA5w9mK.jpg

Delt31

so I am really pumped. I literally just found out that this game is more arcadey and apparently made in-line (or close to) the motorstorm series which I absolutely love. I have a PS5 coming and this is my prime game to play it on. Anyone talk about the graphics in this game compared to PC and how PS5 will stack? I know it runs 120 but my tv doesn't support.

Reactions: Isa

OutRun88

What was up with some earlier videos? The pics you're posting look fantastic, I was led to believe this will be barely ps3e el of graphics
I'm not sure. The pics I'm posting are from the games Photo Mode, so they have some post processing you wouldn't see during gameplay. However, the game really does look amazing in motion, and some things actually look better as I can't capture them properly in photos. I'm running dynamic 4K with max settings.

I'm not sure. The pics I'm posting are from the games Photo Mode, so they have some post processing you wouldn't see during gameplay. However, the game really does look amazing in motion, and some things actually look better as I can't capture them properly in photos. I'm running dynamic 4K with max settings.

Welp, hopefully the ps5 version looks good too!

Wizz-Art

This game is actually really fun - and as others have mentioned - looks really good (I selected the performace over visuals mode on my Xbox One X as I prefer FPS but to me it still looks good)! I've played this series from the beginning and it went slowly but steady more arcadey over the course of it's existance. It kinda has a Showdown vibe to it in it's presentation.

Last edited:

HeLurks

Banned
Played it quite a bit on PC, solid game - but quite barebones when it comes to everything. Arcadey, but fun. Great use of height differences, great feeling of the weight of the cars and the grip of the different road surfaces. The Pathfinder (e.g. Hillclimb/rock-crawling) events are madness! Sprint Racng can go fuck itself.
One thing I noticed: Bumper- or hood-cam helps a lot in taking clean corners. I enjoy the third-person-cam a lot more, but I am less precise with it and have to slightly correct my car after every corner and that costs time. Quite late in the game I ran into a difficulty wall and the hood-cam helped me blaze through it.

Also: WTF is a dynamo jump? My sponsor wants two. The fuck?

Nakasan

I've had this on my radar since it's announcement and I'm pleased to say I've found the extra coins needed to buy it for PS5 for UK's release date. I love a good rally game where I can battle with the terrain as I go round corners and I'm hoping this is gonna give me that same thrill. Also looking forward to see how they implement the DS features and the 120fps mode. Cannot wait for release day.

OutRun88

Played it quite a bit on PC, solid game - but quite barebones when it comes to everything. Arcadey, but fun. Great use of height differences, great feeling of the weight of the cars and the grip of the different road surfaces. The Pathfinder (e.g. Hillclimb/rock-crawling) events are madness! Sprint Racng can go fuck itself.
One thing I noticed: Bumper- or hood-cam helps a lot in taking clean corners. I enjoy the third-person-cam a lot more, but I am less precise with it and have to slightly correct my car after every corner and that costs time. Quite late in the game I ran into a difficulty wall and the hood-cam helped me blaze through it.

Also: WTF is a dynamo jump? My sponsor wants two. The fuck?
This is a really good take on the game.

How do you manage to drive first person in inclement weather? The visibility is almost zero for me.

No idea what Dynamo Jumps are....I have the same thing.

So I called eb to reserve Dirt 5 so it'll be ready when I pick up my ps5 on Thursday.

"It is in our system but we can't reserve it for some reason. And it comes out on the 19 not the 12"

Wtf is this. The main Dirt 5 website says Nov 12? It doesn't show up on Amazon.ca or the psn site as well. What a pain in the dick.

Wizz-Art

Forgot to ask, I have no rumble in my controller at all. Playing on Xbox One X. Does anybody have the same problem?

wipeout364

Excited to try this but I want to play it on my hopefully arriving soon series X so I haven’t downloaded it yet. This thread is great though looks like preorder was not a bad purchase. Between this, Gears Tactics Yakuza and COD I’ve got lots to keep me busy when it arrives.

Killer8

Was the "prioritize framerate" setting seen here removed in the XSX version? I got the game today and it only gives the option for image quality or resolution..

Was the "prioritize framerate" setting seen here removed in the XSX version? I got the game today and it only gives the option for image quality or resolution..

Yeah I don't think they have a 'framerate' mode anymore. Image quality mode will drop the resolution for better LOD and resolution mode will try to keep it at 4K. Both modes target 60fps.

Last edited:

Delt31

So confused - when can I buy this game for ps5? I thought this was available launch day? BB says 19th

And does it use the haptic feedback special to ps5?

Last edited:
So confused - when can I buy this game for ps5? I thought this was available launch day? BB says 19th

And does it use the haptic feedback special to ps5?

I was confused as well. EB games showed the 19 as well but even then when you try to reserve a copy the system wouldn't allow it. So who knows what the hell is going on. If you buy a ps4 copy it'll just install an update for the ps5.

And yeah it uses haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers on ps5. It is quite an experience. I didnt get to play much last night but what I did play used the haptics and adaptive triggers in some interesting ways.

Last edited:

Delt31

I was confused as well. EB games showed the 19 as well but even then when you try to reserve a copy the system wouldn't allow it. So who knows what the hell is going on. If you buy a ps4 copy it'll just install an update for the ps5.

And yeah it uses haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers on ps5. It is quite an experience. I didnt get to play much last night but what I did play used the haptics and adaptive triggers in some interesting ways.

Thanks!

So is the move then to buy it on PS4 and then an update is automatically done to bump it up to ps5 quality?

Thanks!

So is the move then to buy it on PS4 and then an update is automatically done to bump it up to ps5 quality?

That's what I did. Same shit. Even on PSN you download the ps4 version and there is a second separate download that is ps5 update. I guess the only reason to get the ps5 copy is for the box?

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Have noticed a large performance increase recently from dips below 30fps and now consistent 45-55fps maxed settings 1440p on my 1070. A lot better now.

drotahorror

Holy fuck this game bombed on PC! the player count is fucking dead. What in the shit just happened?

It never took off. I'm not sure if it was the day of or day after (friday or saturday) but D5 wasn't even in the top 25 sellers on steam. Some real shit games at full price were even ahead of it.

I just hope they get wheel support out before they end support. Also, they should have had cross-play all over this game, game will be dead on all platforms within a couple months.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Holy fuck this game bombed on PC! the player count is fucking dead. What in the shit just happened?

I feel like the mainstream (on PC) is going through what I did. ‘Isn’t Dirt supposed to be sort of realistic? What is this?’

Feels better served as a new IP. That said, I came around and started loving the trailers, so hopefully others do as well, and it’s doing well on consoles (where it has been heavily promoted). It looks like it really deserves the audience.

OutRun88

Now that I’ve beaten the game I decided to try out the Playground. There is some super cool content on there. I hope the tracks are cross platform.

After playing some, I decided to try out the editor myself. Wow, it’s super intuitive and quite entertaining. It reminds of building skate parks in Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

Delt31

Guys...... I'm blown away by this game. We finally have a spiritual successor to motorstorm and rallisport challenge. Really I'm blown away by the physics and graphics on this game. Great job code masters! My launch game for sure.

Frame rate mode no question btw. Still looks unbelievable

Last edited:

OutRun88

Guys...... I'm blown away by this game. We finally have a spiritual successor to motorstorm and rallisport challenge. Really I'm blown away by the physics and graphics on this game. Great job code masters! My launch game for sure.

Frame rate mode no question btw. Still looks unbelievable
Yeah, it really is great! People are just upset it isn’t traditional rally racing like has it has more often than not.

I’m hoping this game gets a sequel but incorporates track deformation like in Sega Rally Revo.

sinnergy

It really is Motorstorm and Rallysport , which I both loved. Loving the game so far , on Series X the game looks amazing , the ground has so much detail, little pebbles and stuff.

only weird thing is , if quality mode is enabled here , it doesn’t run 60 frames , I am on a preview dashboard so that might come into play here .

Top Bottom