• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disco Elysium The Final Cut [OT] I Am The Law

DonJorginho

Banned
Roger roger
Battle Droids Ok GIF by Star Wars

thatJohann

The game is great but controls are roughhhhh on PS5. And the loading times are long for a PS5 game. Guess it doesn’t use the SSD at all. Also text size even at the largest setting is too small. Hope they patch all this stuff

deafmedal

Just ignore the fool’s obvious desire for attention. You will be much better off I promise you :)
So I’m the fool when this person chides me for my opinion, an opinion shared by several other people? I’ll make sure to clear any future thoughts I have with you and your good pal :pie_eyeroll:

edited for additional text

Last edited:

Nico_D

Sleep mode on ps4 seems to mess up the game. Object interaction is unresponsive at times.

My first time playing. Very promising after couple of hours despite of the bugs.

Oh and extra respect for having some quality Finnish cursing in the game!

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
In addition... The game pretty much shits on every political ideology and then some.

if you think this game shits on every political ideology in the same way you are not paying attention. it's obviously pro communism. not that there is anything wrong with it.

nowhat

So. I'm in the room after the "prologue" as it were, on PS5. I'm unable to interact with anything. There are those green circles, sure, but I'm not able to do anything with them. If I go to the bathroom, there's like a rotating thing around my head, but again, as far as I can tell I can't interact with anything.

Little help here. Is my game just bugged or am I supposed to be able to do something here? I've heard a ton of good things about this game, and have been very intrigued. But as it is, I don't know what I'm supposed to do, and I do have a feeling I should be able to interact with those green circles.

Also I'm unable to leave the room I'm in. I suppose if this is a "hangover from hell" simulator it does a pretty decent job at it, but I was looking for an actual game.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
So. I'm in the room after the "prologue" as it were, on PS5. I'm unable to interact with anything. There are those green circles, sure, but I'm not able to do anything with them. If I go to the bathroom, there's like a rotating thing around my head, but again, as far as I can tell I can't interact with anything.

Little help here. Is my game just bugged or am I supposed to be able to do something here? I've heard a ton of good things about this game, and have been very intrigued. But as it is, I don't know what I'm supposed to do, and I do have a feeling I should be able to interact with those green circles.

Also I'm unable to leave the room I'm in. I suppose if this is a "hangover from hell" simulator it does a pretty decent job at it, but I was looking for an actual game.

You should hit X or R1 on the green circles to interact. You might have to hit them a few times. Devs are aware and are patching it up so interaction is a lot smoother.

nowhat

You should hit X or R1 on the green circles to interact. You might have to hit them a few times. Devs are aware and are patching it up so interaction is a lot smoother.
Seriously, I've been mashing X like my life depends on it, but no avail. Absolutely nothing happens.

nowhat

Oh wow. So if I'm outside the bathroom, near the desk with two action prompts, I can actually get the bathroom prompt to turn to an X. Of course if I move any closer to the bathroom, the prompt reverts to a green circle.

This is literally unplayable. That word gets tossed around too often, but in this case, it literally is.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Seriously, I've been mashing X like my life depends on it, but no avail. Absolutely nothing happens.

Oh wow. So if I'm outside the bathroom, near the desk with two action prompts, I can actually get the bathroom prompt to turn to an X. Of course if I move any closer to the bathroom, the prompt reverts to a green circle.

This is literally unplayable. That word gets tossed around too often, but in this case, it literally is.

Highlight so you get an X, press X. Sometimes twice in my particular experience. If you move your character it automatically disengages the highlight.

Also, move the right stick towards your object of desire otherwise you will just cycle through all highlights available on screen

Last edited:

nowhat

Highlight so you get an X, press X. Sometimes twice in my particular experience. If you move your character it automatically disengages the highlight.
That's the thing, I'm unable to get any prompt for X near me. I have tried, for quite a while.

Oh well, I filed a bug report with them. Which wasn't possible via their web page, because it was completely broken and the link didn't work. But was able to dig into the raw HTML and where the link was supposed to go, so I could open that (Google Docs, seriously?) link. But as far as first impressions go, this hasn't exactly been the best.

EDMIX

I want to get this, but I have so many games to beat and I promised myself no more new games until I complete a dangerous back log lol

I like to support stuff like this even if I plan to play later, but....priorities.

Dev1lXYZ

Roughly ten minutes into the game on PS5, I spoke to the lady outside the apartment , go through the motions and as she stops in her doorway...the whole conversation we just had in its entirety starts playing back to me. That’s when my controller buttons ceased to work. At that point, I just powered it off. I’ll wait for the next patch thank you very much.

harmny

Banned
What is this? Ign scored this game a 10 and it sounds like it's unplayable on ps4 AND ps5. I'm waiting for their score of 4 review for the console version of the game.

Sony please remove from the store until it's fixed. You are for the gamers do it

Last edited:

Zadom

That's the thing, I'm unable to get any prompt for X near me. I have tried, for quite a while.

Oh well, I filed a bug report with them. Which wasn't possible via their web page, because it was completely broken and the link didn't work. But was able to dig into the raw HTML and where the link was supposed to go, so I could open that (Google Docs, seriously?) link. But as far as first impressions go, this hasn't exactly been the best.

I’m having similar experiences with this game. Getting frustrated. Will move on to another game soon if this continues. Life is too short.

What is this? Ign scored this game a 10 and it sounds like it's unplayable on ps4 AND ps5. I'm waiting for their score of 4 review for the console version of the game.
It plays like shit on PS5 right now but there's supposed to be a patch coming to address the issues very soon. My issue when I attempted to play it was that I'd walk around the room and the 'X' prompts for items and interactions in the room either wouldn't show up at all, or would and then would be very finnicky and I'd have to keep moving my character/the controller stick around to get the X prompts to show up. To me that is completely unplayable. The patch though is supposed to address that (and more).

Last edited:

Zadom

It plays like shit on PS5 right now but there's supposed to be a patch coming to address the issues very soon. My issue when I attempted to play it was that I'd walk around the room and the 'X' prompts for items and interactions in the room either wouldn't show up at all, or would and then would be very finnicky and I'd have to keep moving my character/the controller stick around to get the X prompts to show up. To me that is completely unplayable. The patch though is supposed to address that (and more).

Patches like this always confuse me. Did they not test at all and just assumed it would play fine? I don’t recommend waiting to hear a flood of complaints then just say a patch is coming.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Seems like every review out that gives it a 10, or a really high score was reviewed on pc. Did anyone review the PS5 version? I cant imagine it getting all these super scores if the PS5 version has these issues right now.

Waiting for more details after this next patch before i possibly buy the PS5 version

What is the fucking point of autosave if it never bothers to actually autosave? I just lost over an hour of progress because the game locked up and apparently never autosaved once. It's a real bitch to lose progress in this too because you have so many little conversations it's impossible to recreate them again exactly.

Nico_D

This game's been great so far, really well written. I absolutely love how it pushes you to do stupid shit but also how rewarding it is to get a successful roll.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
This game is so weird! In a good way. :messenger_grinning:

Some of the dialog options seem so out of place and meaningless that you just have to choose them only to find out they have quite a lot of impact.
I also get lost in this world constantly. Although there is always something to go after i really struggle to keep my focus on what matters and just venture of and click on everything.
Feels overwhelming at times.

Am I just missing something or am I experiencing yet another bug? I am on Wednesday trying to interact with the sunken
car, and I appear to be in an endless loop that never lets me actually see what is in the car. After going to the swing set and waiting hours/realizing it is my car, the tide goes in the game tells me to check inside for personal items, and when I do it just gives me the exact same initial prompt to investigate the car in the first place. My only option is to again sit on the swing set, reading the exact same dialog, waiting hours, only to be told to wait for the tide to go in so I can investigate the car... which repeats the entire swing set part again. It even keeps popping up a quest update every single time I do this, despite the fact it is sitting in my quest log as complete.

I have already had the game lock up twice on me, this port is unusually dedicated to ruining an absolutely stellar game.

Imotekh

I'm really enjoying the game but I've decided I'm not going to persevere with it until a patch is released. I could overlook the occasional crash, dialogue not playing etc. But there is a significant part of the game that is completely bugged, preventing me from completing an interaction and getting an important quest item. Without spoilers, this involves the crashed car in the ice. The having to double select to successfully interact is a pain in the arse as well but isn't literally preventing me from progressing.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I started this and I am not sure how I feel about it. I’ve gotten so use to action based games lately. It feels like a lot of psycho babble. I’m not sure on my objective, they just keep adding up. I just had this long conversation about race and shut it off. I don’t get why this got a 10/10 from IGN. I literally had to skip a bunch of discussions with NPCs. I might go back after I look at a guide, but honestly it feels tiring after a while. I haven’t even found the body yet. It felt like it was going to get real good and then it just lost me.

Anyone got a tipp how to get the contrast and brightness setting right to make the game look punchy. It kinda looks washed out in places. I'm on Xf9005 here.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I started this and I am not sure how I feel about it. I’ve gotten so use to action based games lately. It feels like a lot of psycho babble. I’m not sure on my objective, they just keep adding up. I just had this long conversation about race and shut it off. I don’t get why this got a 10/10 from IGN. I literally had to skip a bunch of discussions with NPCs. I might go back after I look at a guide, but honestly it feels tiring after a while. I haven’t even found the body yet. It felt like it was going to get real good and then it just lost me.
Conversations are an integral part of the game.

Overall it is a love letter to language. With the newly added voice over and the introduction of dialects and accents it is even more obvious that it tries to be as eloquent as possible without overwhelming the player.
In contrast to all of this are the unbelievable stupid dialog options that are provided from time to time throughout the game. Pretty much everything in this game plays out in conversations.
It is like actively playing a book.

You should not look at the "quests" in a traditional way and do all of them one by one.

Don't forget that it is a role playing game. If you are not interested in a discussion about politics in real life for example then why should you force yourself through this in the game? Back out of it. That is just fine.
Maybe you miss something or maybe not. That is part of the experience.

It got good scores because it is written quite well. Way above average.

It has its ups and downs but that is more a subjective matter of a person's interest.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Still no patch? I want to get this but im staying away until after the patch until someone confirms the weird PS5 version issues are gone

J3nga

I got it on steam and neared the 2 hours mark so decided to do a refund. 2 hours of a very strange dialogues, not sure I would survive till the end.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Conversations are an integral part of the game.

Overall it is a love letter to language. With the newly added voice over and the introduction of dialects and accents it is even more obvious the it tries to be as eloquent as possible without overwhelming the player.
In contrast to all of this are the unbelievable stupid dialog options that are provided from time to time throughout the game. Pretty much everything in this game plays out in conversations.
It is like actively playing a book.

You should not look at the "quests" in a traditional way and do all of them one by one.

Don't forget that it is a role playing game. If you are not interested in a discussion about politics in real life then why should you force yourself through this in the game? Back out of it. That is just fine.
Maybe you miss something or maybe not. That is part of the experience.

It got good scores because it is written quite well. Way above average.

It has its ups and downs but that is more a subjective matter of a person's interest.
Thanks. That’s a very intelligent response. It is more like a game through the text than the gameplay. It just didn’t click with me when it became an integral part of the game. I’m also not a very political person. That’s just who I am.
I did appreciate it for what it was doing, but it’s just not for me.

I got it on steam and neared the 2 hours mark so decided to do a refund. 2 hours of a very strange dialogues, not sure I would survive till the end.
I got mine on Stadia and they went ahead and refunded me. Oh well, I’ve got other games to play.

Top Bottom