• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discuss how PES/FIFA might work on Wii! (bit delirious ...)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Previously assumed it was impossible but was a bit bored and whilst I was contemplating the wiimote I realised it MIGHT be possible and would like to see other neoGAF ideas on how football games might work on Wii. I'm actually really excited at the prospect now and only hope developers have been creative with it.

Some of my ideas:

when attacking you could shake the remote left and right (or draw a circle) to do leg overs, rather than limit you to 3 like in previous games, you can do as many as you want until your player loses balance (like how Robinho did like 9 at once) or you are challenged.

you can flick it right to have your player shift the ball right and sprint onto it. imagine you draw a clockwise circle to do a legover with your right leg, and an anti clockwise one for your left leg, followed by a quick flick right to get past your defender - you could come up with all kinds of combos!

when defending you shake it vigorously to do a shoulder barge (or a deliberate push even).

For headers you can flick it up, for slide tackles maybe a sharp jab forward.

of course things like passing, through balls and shots become more complicated :D

I wouldnt mind some system whereby you have a little cursor and you aim at the net or at certain players and depending where you aim pressing A will either shoot or pass, success depending on your players positioning and how much power you put. That could actually turn out ok, perhaps even more like real football than it is now (cos you do have to concentrate on keeping the ball whilst trying to find a team mate or aim at goal irl)

for through balls you could use cursor to aim at a player and maybe while holding z or another button do 2 quick "taps" down on the remote for a ground pass, and two flicks up for a lofted throughball. or maybe aim the cursor at some space and jab it forward and depending on how fast you did it your pass will be strong or weak etc - more skill and vision now needed for through balls!!!

crosses could be say hold Z and swing the remote up in an arch, determining power and angle, direction etc.

I'm making myself far too excited :lol

pswii60

where does the foot in football come in to any of this?

This is Wii's biggest flaw. Biggest sport in US - American football. Biggest sport in Europe, football (soccer).

Biggest problem? No foot controller.

They should have designed a strap on foot attachment or something. Doesn't waving the Wii controller to play football totally render the whole reason for it pointless??

Nintendo will come out with 2 clamps, to attach 2 wiimotes to your ankles, both will be connected to a nuncheck to move the player and your legs will be used to kick the ball and drible

fresquito

I think it could be done perfectly. The question it's whether it would improve the original in any way (I highly doubt it).

hadareud

The Translator
I honestly don't see a way that this could work well to be honest. Of course, in certain situations (standards) it could be cool, but during normal gameplay I fear that the controls have to be "dumbed down" to work well on the wiimote.

I'll be the first one to admit that I was wrong if they come up with a cool control scheme though.

Top Bottom