• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 4 Director And Neptunia Producer Making Hell’s #1 House For PlayStation Vita

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Compile Heart are known for their Neptunia series that parodies popular video game franchises, and according to this week’s Dengeki magazine, it sounds like their next brand new PlayStation Vita title called Hell’s #1 House could possibly be a play on words on the Japanese title for Disgaea, “Makai Senki (Hell Chronicles) Disgaea”.

The teaser trailer doesn’t show much, but it mentions that the game will be about a group of creative geniuses who’ll be going into action in order to make their house the number one house in hell.

According to the magazine report, Masahiro Yamamoto, who previously worked as the director for Nippon Ichi Software as the director of Disgaea 4, will be involved in the development of Hell’s #1 House.

Tenpei Sato who composed the music for Disgaea 4 will also be part of the team, along with Hyperdimension Neptunia producer Norihisa Kochiwa, Monster Monpiece director Makoto Kitano, and Mugen Souls character designer Kei Nanameda.

While details are scant beyond the teaser trailer, the magazine reports a few keywords, which are: “One trillion souls,” “Blood relative,” “Fight for your life,” “Way of dying,” “Joining thoughts,” and “A half-dead protagonist from the start”.

Hell’s #1 House is currently in development for PlayStation Vita.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/1...oducer-making-hells-1-house-playstation-vita/

Teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZXtS5vqb8Y

The game is called Makai Ichiban Kan and the premises are good, we'll see.

EDIT:
it's a rpg and it will launch in Japan this year.

Coxy

sounds like a mix of zettai hero and disgaea in plot, very interested in seeing how this turns out

Tapejara

Wonder if NISA will localize this or if IF will give it a shot. Doesn't seem like it would be as controversial as Monster Monpiece, so I'm going with NISA.

Anyhow, I'm hyped.

According to the magazine report, Masahiro Yamamoto, who previously worked as the director for Nippon Ichi Software as the director of Disgaea 4, will be involved in the development of Hell’s #1 House.

Tenpei Sato who composed the music for Disgaea 4 will also be part of the team, along with Hyperdimension Neptunia producer Norihisa Kochiwa, Monster Monpiece director Makoto Kitano, and Mugen Souls character designer Kei Nanameda.

I have extremely mixed feelings about this pedigree. On the one hand, Disgaea 4's director and composer. On the other hand, Monster Monpiece's director :(

Wonder if NISA will localize this or if IF will give it a shot. Doesn't seem like it would be as controversial as Monster Monpiece, so I'm going with NISA.

Anyhow, I'm hyped.

I think that it'll be IFI. This being a game from the Disgaea director will give it a decent shot of being a solid seller for them.

Anyhow, I'm hyped.
I wonder if there's any bad-blood between the ex-Nippon Ichi devs that would throw a spanner in the works for NISA.

Anyhow, I'm hyped.

NISA localize everything it seems so the next game from a Disgaea director seems pretty marketable and likely for translation. Didn't know he was involved with Neptunia, must purge from memory!

Coxy

I think that it'll be IFI. This being a game from the Disgaea director will give it a decent shot of being a solid seller for them.

Idea Factory International are not a localisation team, they dont and wont localize anything.

They exist for marketing/community/business relations purposes

why wouldn't it make it over here ;p

I don't know who's going to be publishing it. Atlus? I've gotta see in the coming years if Atlus will still the liberal Atlus they've always been, post-Sammy Sega, or if they get that 3DS money and also become Persona-only.

That, and the timeframe... it's a Vita game, so it has to release in Japan while the system's alive, and then still be alive here for localization. At least it says "later this year" for now.

It's highly likely, but still. Can't help but cross my fingers for it.

Top Bottom