• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: DE (PS4/XBO) - In the days that follow, your trials will be great

shoreu

That's perfectly reasonable. Every product should have this sort of scrutiny.

But my question is: Who the fuck is saying you CANT do that? The game will be released on Tuesday and you will have twitch streams, reviews and everything. More than enough info to determine if the port is worth your time.

I like to check things out before the game releases. The poster I responded to pretty much defends them for having no communication with us because of a crazy ass downgrading argument.

What's stopping you? You don't have to buy it blind on day one you know.

That still doesn't excuse them for not communicating.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
once people stop preordering this shit will stop.

after the cluster fuck last year with drive club unity and halo then batman earlier this year, you would think people would learn but they havent people still rush out to pre order or be at midnight launches etc.

once people stop preordering this shit will stop.

after the cluster fuck last year with drive club unity and halo then batman earlier this year, you would think people would learn but they havent people still rush out to pre order or be at midnight launches etc.

C'mon, dude. There are more hits than misses when it comes to preorders.

Is there a review embargo on the DE? I mean I just want to read some god damn impressions of "it runs like ass" or "hey it runs better than on starting consoles" or "it runs the same"

it's like such a simple thing to say.

Erimriv

Pre-ordered it on amazon, I won't open the box when received to see some reviews and gameplays, if it turns out to be a clusterfuck of a port then I'll ask for a refund.

Is there a review embargo on the DE? I mean I just want to read some god damn impressions of "it runs like ass" or "hey it runs better than on starting consoles" or "it runs the same"

it's like such a simple thing to say.

I don't think there's an embargo. I just don't think Bethesda is giving any outlets any review copies before release.

There should be more hits to misses. If there were more misses, that would mean most games being released are flat out broken.

The misses though are BIG misses.
They are big, but to say not to preorder anything is silly.

With no previews and no nothing smh.

Has anybody asked Bethesda or the developing team what's up on twitter?

The whole situation is pretty much Bethesda doing a quick and dirty port. If I'm wrong, I'll happily eat some crow here.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
With no previews and no nothing smh.

Has anybody asked Bethesda or the developing team what's up on twitter?
No, but someone from NEOGAF should go represent. I personally don't have a Twitter account, but I'm curious to see a response. Seriously doubt we'd get one.

0racle

No, but someone from NEOGAF should go represent. I personally don't have a Twitter account, but I'm curious to see a response. Seriously doubt we'd get one.

I have asked Bethesda and arkane Studio on twitter numerous times.

Zero response.

I have asked Bethesda and arkane Studio on twitter numerous times.

Zero response.

I mean it's hard to expect to answer fans when a thousands questions get thrown at you each day.

but on such a sensitive fucking topic it's getting annoying. Not even news sites seem to care. Nobody is expecting a remastered edition.

0racle

I mean it's hard to expect to answer fans when a thousands questions get thrown at you each day.

but on such a sensitive fucking topic it's getting annoying. Not even news sites seem to care. Nobody is expecting a remastered edition.

Not when those 1000 questions are the same in regards to this definitive edition.

barit

High Voltage? Really? Okay i'm done. Pre-order canceled. Even 20 bucks is not worth this shit. Money goes straight to Uncharted Collection. Suck on this Bethesda

Edit: I misread the HVS comment sorry. Still waiting for a proper first impression before jumping back in.

cakely

If they want me to spend my money I need to see and hear something about this game. Do you just buy shit without investigating a product?

No one is asking you to do that.

Wait until the game releases, read as many reviews as you'd like, and then decide to buy or not to buy the game based on that information.

Tagg9

Just cancelled my pre-order. I absolutely will not buy a product like this Day 1 when they have shown nothing.

I may pick it up down the line when it drops to $20, but I'll certainly pay no more than that.

Staf

Man, never played it the first time and was so hyped about this and it's sequel from E3. Guess i'll wait a couple of days for impressions from GAF before purchase.

MUnited83

For you.
No, no it's really not. All of those things are the exact opposite of letting a game be judged solely on its merits post-release.

The exact opposite.
A company not showing a single thing about their product despite already selling it?

Its the exact same fucking thing.

butman

It's incredible after this unboxing videos and box shots no one can tell us if it is 60 fps or not. Damn!

Mikey Jr.

There can not be people who are fucking defending this.

I'm shit out of luck unfortunately as I bought this on PSN.

That deal felt way too good.

I knew it was too good to be true. My only hope now is that this thing isn't a shit show.

It's incredible after this unboxing videos and box shots no one can tell us if it is 60 fps or not. Damn!
What if this is all a Kojima ruse and all copies are secretly MGS V TPP in disguise.

What if there never was a Dishonored remaster?

What if this is the ultimate bait and switch?

There can not be people who are fucking defending this.

I'm shit out of luck unfortunately as I bought this on PSN.

That deal felt way too good.

I knew it was too good to be true. My only hope now is that this thing isn't a shit show.

I wouldn't worry too much. I doubt they did anything to make the game inferior to the original release. That said, I think I'm still going to pass on this simply because I've already played Dishonored and I have another game coming out this week (Until Dawn) and two next week (MGS V and Mad Max). I'm really trying to cut back a bit on spending.

Tevren

Shinobi tweeted at bethesda asking for info on it last week. I never them respond at all. I love Dishonored, but damned if I'm not worried right now.

Tagg9

I wouldn't worry too much. I doubt they did anything to make the game inferior to the original release. That said, I think I'm still going to pass on this simply because I've already played Dishonored and I have another game coming out this week (Until Dawn) and two next week (MGS V and Mad Max). I'm really trying to cut back a bit on spending.

You just described my situation. I'm going to have enough games to play anyway, so I really don't need this.

Golgo 13

Keeping my pre-order cuz of the saltiness in this thread. It's delicious.
339.jpg

We don´t even know if its 1080p ...
The XB1 footage points to a cleaner looking game. not sure on resolution based off the vid- but there's no way it's 360 footage (better models/lighting) but also it has a bigger HUD (like the console version has)

cleaner 30fps version of game. basic port-

people can put 60fps rumor to bed :(

ruxtpin

Banned
Fantastic reason to spend money.

That will show 'em!

I could care less about sending a message or waiting for info. I've got more pressing things on my plate (school, work, life). Higher res and all the dlc, I'm happy. Even if one just focuses within the gaming community, I think a last-gen port with no developer communication is the last thing I'd get worked up over.

But far be it from me to stop the gaf-hyperbole-train.

More like Disowned.

More like 'dis gonna be gud'

Keeping my pre-order cuz of the saltiness in this thread. It's delicious.

I'm not quite sure how you spending cash on something sight unseen - and, in all likelihood, is a piece of shit port job - is supposed to make the ones that don't, look stupider than you.

I could care less about sending a message or waiting for info. I've got more pressing things on my plate (school, work, life). Higher res and all the dlc, I'm happy. Even if one just focuses within the gaming community, I think a last-gen port with no developer communication is the last thing I'd get worked up over.

'UNLIKE YOU LOT, I HAVE A LIFE GUYS! IT'S SUNDAY NIGHT AND I'M DRIVEBY SHIT POSTING ON GAF! SUCKERS!'

Also: Couldn't care less, otherwise it just doesn't work the same, you know?

Golgo 13

Right. But then you could just mind your own business and not post in this thread then, right? After all, drive-by shit posting "haha you all are mad haha" isn't exactly indicative of someone with more important things to do.

Green Yoshi

I don't know what people were expecting. It will look better than on 360/PS3, but if you have a decent PC it isn't interesting at all.

GravyButt

Missed out on the original so im debating picking this up. What's going on in this topic thats got everyone up in arms?? I still have time to cancel preorder and pick up in store if I decide to change my mind. Thanks!

Top Bottom