• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: DE (PS4/XBO) - In the days that follow, your trials will be great

I mean what is there to know? It's the game and all DLC. They didn't do much marketing for GoW3 Remastered either.

Considering how some other remasters turned out, I don't blame people for wanting to know about resolution, frame-rate, etc.

See some actual lengthy gameplay to get an idea of performance.

While it is a bit worrying that we havent seen anything yet, the fact its only £15 on PSN helps ease that worry for me. Never played it originally but always heared good things, got it on PS+ but didnt get round to trying it out and since the PS4 version includes all the dlc plus slightly better graphics (Im assuming, upping resolution etc) that im happy to give it a try without too much concern.

While it is a bit worrying that we havent seen anything yet, the fact its only £15 on PSN helps ease that worry for me. Never played it originally but always heared good things, got it on PS+ but didnt get round to trying it out and since the PS4 version includes all the dlc plus slightly better graphics (Im assuming, upping resolution etc) that im happy to give it a try without too much concern.

You'd still be giving them £15 for what might be a potentially shoddy product.

I'm going to wait until after it launches before purchase and I'd really advise everyone else to do the same, but it's ultimately everyone's own choice.

patapuf

Considering how some other remasters turned out, I don't blame people for wanting to know about resolution, frame-rate, etc.

See some actual lengthy gameplay to get an idea of performance.

I'd say if you are worried about performance it's best to wait until after release to buy it anyway.

Pre release footage isn't exactly the most accurate metric for that stuff.

You'd still be giving them £15 for what might be a potentially shoddy product.

I'm going to wait until after it launches before purchase and I'd really advise everyone else to do the same, but it's ultimately everyone's own choice.
Worst case it runs the same as it did on PS3, i would still be happy since it includes all the DLC and i can play it on my PS4 instead of having to go with the slower and less versatile PS3.

Of course we have the extreme case of Prototype collection that apparently runs worse but i cant see that happening with Bethesda.

cslesce

this is really funny...some day we have tons of youtube preview, upgrade videos months or even year ahead release date,but no...10 days and still 1 ONE single video preview available.

WHY?

10 days and we still don't know how much of an upgrade this is

I'm not expecting much. From what was said in an interview with the directors, they said that the console versions will simply be brought up to what the PCs versions were displaying. So higher res, crisper textures. With all the DLC included.

Even if it is discounted, best bet is to wait to see previews/reviews before buying. I bought Dishonored GOTY on PS3 and it is still on my shelf. I decided to wait for this after it got announced but I'll hold out until more details are available for PS4/Xbox One.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The game runs well at 1080p on my 6770M iMac in Bootcamp on max. I'd be surprised if it weren't 1080/60 on PS4

LewieP

The game runs well at 1080p on my 6770M iMac in Bootcamp on max. I'd be surprised if it weren't 1080/60 on PS4
You could say similar for the Prototype games.

No matter how demanding the game is, if the port is developed on the cheap, with not enough resources dedicated to it, it could end up under performing.

I have higher hopes for Dishonored though. Especially given that they're doing a retail release for it, which in itself would be a non-trivial cost. Would be crazy to spend the money doing a retail release, but not dedicating enough resources to do at least a competent port. Especially with the sequel looming, you don't want to leave a bad taste in people's mouths with a substandard product.

Stranger things have happened though, it's worth waiting for impressions before committing to buying. But then this is the case with all games.

No matter how demanding the game is, if the port is developed on the cheap, with not enough resources dedicated to it, it could end up under performing.

I have higher hopes for Dishonored though. Especially given that they're doing a retail release for it, which in itself would be a non-trivial cost. Would be crazy to spend the money doing a retail release, but not dedicating enough resources to do at least a competent port. Especially with the sequel looming, you don't want to leave a bad taste in people's mouths with a substandard product.

Stranger things have happened though, it's worth waiting for impressions before committing to buying. But then this is the case with all games.
Good point about not leaving a bad taste with the sequel.

But then we got saints row IV and sleeping dogs definitive or whatever at retail and I bought and played em. They aren't good ports though.

Does anyone know whether the PSN discount will stay in effect after the game comes out? I'm debating getting it or taking my chances on finding it cheaper later. If it'll always be $20 on PSN I'll definitely wait.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Who is handling the port, anyone know? I know Bethesda is publishing. The studio doing the port will probably tell us what we need to know.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread, if you go to the playstation store there are a number of screenshots of the remaster, they look good but I am looking at the on a tablet.

LewieP

Good point about not leaving a bad taste with the sequel.

But then we got saints row IV and sleeping dogs definitive or whatever at retail and I bought and played em. They aren't good ports though.

True enough, it's certainly not conclusive, but I'd be more concerned if it was digital only.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread, if you go to the playstation store there are a number of screenshots of the remaster, they look good but I am looking at the on a tablet.

Just had a squiz, and I'm fairly certain it's all the stock PC media that was released leading up to the game and its expansion packs.

thenameDS

Didn't get a chance to play this last gen, so I'm hoping it's a good port. But not hearing anything so close to release doesn't give me much confidence.

Guess I'll wait 2 or 3 days after release to hear impressions and then make a choice.

It's weird saying this, but I wish this wasn't coming out in August. There are too many games releasing at the end of this month.

RowdyReverb

It's weird saying this, but I wish this wasn't coming out in August. There are too many games releasing at the end of this month.
They should have launched at the beginning of the month. There's just going to be too many new games in September to spend my time playing a remaster, but right now all I'm doing it playing some older stuff.

TacosNSalsa

PS4 Ultra Street Fighter 4 did the same thing..not a word till like a week before and that released in a horrid state. Everyone has a right to be wary

barit

PS4 Ultra Street Fighter 4 did the same thing..not a word till like a week before and that released in a horrid state. Everyone has a right to be wary

And after 3 patches it is now the best version of all. So what? Edit: well except swapping controllers/arcade sticks at tournaments. This shit is borked as hell on PS4 and Sony really need to change that in their OS

I think Dishonored will be fine. This is not a shady Activision release we're talking about here

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Maybe, but Dishonored is built on middleware (UE3) instead of a custom engine so that alone should be a good sign.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Did anyone else get an email with a 50%-cut info and a link to the store for this edition(making it 20€ instead of 40€), because of owning Dishonored on Xbox360(which I got with GwG)?

DavidDesu

I preordered on PS4 with the discount thanks to getting it on PS+ for PS3. £15 not bad at all. Never finished the game before but I LOVED the atmosphere and gameplay. Such a great world to get absorbed in. All I want from this is 60fps and that clean 1080p image we get from current gen games. Better have a stable framerate with no screen tearing. That's all I want.

Anung

Un Rama
Meh, I'm grabbing it for cheap and it'll let me play all the DLC I've missed with a hopeful (if minor) graphical upgrade. I'm okay with that.

Bethesda posted an article about in on Bethesda.net a few days ago but it has NONE of the details on what actually makes this the "definitive"

http://bethesda.net/#en/events/games/dishonored-definitive-edition-an-introduction/2015/08/11/9

At least they haven't totally forgotten about it?

They did say this in the article which of course means nothing until shown but at least it gives us an idea of what they are shooting for with this edition.

So now a new group of people can play Dishonored, and it will continue on through this console cycle. The graphical enhancements bring this version up to the level that GOTY players get on a high-end PC.

I hope people don't blindly buy this and vote with their wallets here. There really is absolutely no reason marketing wise to keep this as quiet as possible other than something being awry.

This game is absolutely fantastic and I HOPE they don't take a big shit on it with this remaster. I'd love to buy this day 1 but no thanks.

jond76

Banned
The $20 price is hanging over my head. I grabbed it for dirt on 360 and never played it. With this having all the dlc makes it tempting.

Does anyone know if the discount vanishes at release?

Unless I'm remembering wrong (I only played last year), does this look better than the original PC release or am I crazy?

Someone in the comments section at that link is saying those were the stock press images for the PC release(can any of you shed some light on this?). Those images look really great, regardless. I wish we had some confirmation on framerate etc. This was one of my absolute favorite games of that gen and I'd love to play through again on console but if this is a mediocre port, I'll just stick with PC where I have it running beautifully.

Top Bottom