• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: DE (PS4/XBO) - In the days that follow, your trials will be great

W.S.

The $20 price is hanging over my head. I grabbed it for dirt on 360 and never played it. With this having all the dlc makes it tempting.

Does anyone know if the discount vanishes at release?

I've been curious about this myself.

Still, I think it's smart to hold off until we hear about how the port is handled.

I would think they'll pep up the textures somewhat, though I'm also not going to hold my breath. The game already has one of the best art styles around, and some great lighting too.

dishonored2014-12-251a6b00.jpg

Just some touched up textures and it'd look even better.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I really want this to be good. I'm not a programmer by any means, but since this game ran so well on PC, and the ps4 and X1 are basically closed box PC's, I'd love to think this port would be fairly straightforward.

To give you an idea of how optimized the PC version was, I ran it on my 2005 PC (core 2 duo, 6850) on the highest settings (1080p, all effects on) and it ran in the mid-to-high twenties, frame-rate wise. Current machines destroy my PC, so logically this shouldn't be that tough.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just to update this thread with what I've found -- it looks like the port is being handled by Arkane themselves, that is according to the box art shown on VG24/7, and also Metacritic. These could just be placeholder, but this the available information out in the wild right now.

Just to update this thread with what I've found -- it looks like the port is being handled by Arkane themselves, that is according to the box art shown on VG24/7, and also Metacritic. These could just be placeholder, but this the available information out in the wild right now.

Hopefully that's the case. If so, I feel pretty confident in this being a good re-release.

mike4001_

I hope people don't blindly buy this and vote with their wallets here. There really is absolutely no reason marketing wise to keep this as quiet as possible other than something being awry.

This game is absolutely fantastic and I HOPE they don't take a big shit on it with this remaster. I'd love to buy this day 1 but no thanks.

Will probably wait for Digital Foundry.

But as I want to play it .. the new versions can only be better than the last gen versions ;)

and for 20 € ...

LewieP

How were the load times on the original console releases? They weren't particularly bad for me on PC, but it would be an area I'd like to see improved upon in a definitive version.

glaurung

How were the load times on the original console releases? They weren't particularly bad for me on PC, but it would be an area I'd like to see improved upon in a definitive version.
Loading times on PS3 were pretty bad.

Bad enough to play real careful - despite the save-anywhere option, you did not want to sit through another loading screen when messing up.

Podge293

Is the PSN discounted price a pre-order only thing? Or will it be that price once the game has been released?

yeah was curious about this aswell, not in a great position financially this month but would like this game down the line for 20 quid

Is the PSN discounted price a pre-order only thing? Or will it be that price once the game has been released?

I received an email about preordering the Xbox One version that said the $20 discount will only last until 8/31. I assume it is the same for PS4.

Yes, I am curious, first I had the game pop up on PS4 as an addon for $20, but now it is listed as $40 as a full game. Maybe it was a timed thing, bad luck.

Cronen

Yes, I am curious, first I had the game pop up on PS4 as an addon for $20, but now it is listed as $40 as a full game. Maybe it was a timed thing, bad luck.

I've just checked PSN, and it's still showing as £14.99 for me. This link may be redundant for you as I am in the UK, but this is the page for me with the discounted price.

Link

you guys are really afraid that the game might not run 1080p/60fps on PS4 and Xbox One?

This game?

Dishonored?

really?

It's not exactly a demanding game... we're talking damn near Bioshock levels of 'this'll run on a toaster'.

and yeah, uprezzed and with proper AA, the game really does look that good in general. (Although some of the lighting seems a bit better than I remember...) Makes no sense to call 'bullshot' without even looking into it first, though.

Barring any weird clusterfucks like with SFIV for PS4, this game should run smooth as butter and look it too, no matter who's at the helm.

Lrrr

you guys are really afraid that the game might not run 1080p/60fps on PS4 and Xbox One?

really?

It's not that people don't think the PS4/XBO can't run Dishonored at those specs; It's that we've received no information on said specs. Typically when there's any sort of upgrade, a company will market it to the moon.

Take a look at the Uncharted collection, TLoU and GoW3 remasters. Sony made sure that we knew they were/will be 60fps since the moment each was announced. For the TR:DE, Crystal Dynamics touted the upgraded graphics and hair. For Gears:UE, Microsoft has shown off every single improvement - including 60fps multiplayer.

For this Dishonored: DE, all we know is that the DLC will be included, but that was to be expected in, what is essentially, a GOTY edition. Beyond that, we've been given ZERO information.

This is kinda ridiculous, it comes out in a week and we still have no info on it ? I'm a little bit concerned now. I think I'm still going to get it on Day One and I'll have a blast since I've never played it before.

When will we get a trailer or something ...

Johndoey

Banned

This game?

Dishonored?

really?

It's not exactly a demanding game... we're talking damn near Bioshock levels of 'this'll run on a toaster'.

and yeah, uprezzed and with proper AA, the game really does look that good in general. (Although some of the lighting seems a bit better than I remember...) Makes no sense to call 'bullshot' without even looking into it first, though.

Barring any weird clusterfucks like with SFIV for PS4, this game should run smooth as butter and look it too, no matter who's at the helm.
Prototype 1 should run better on XB1 then Ps3 it doesn't. It doesn't matter how easy to run the game is if the port is a hacked together mess.

Prototype 1 should run better on XB1 then Ps3 it doesn't. It doesn't matter how easy to run the game is if the port is a hacked together mess.

Prototype was also an open world game running a proprietary engine based on an old PS2 game. Dishonored is a semi-linear Unreal Engine 3 romp that doesn't do much to push the boundaries of its underlying technology at all.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Less than a week.
Maybe its really hard doing comparison screenshots or a trailer.

I've just checked PSN, and it's still showing as £14.99 for me. This link may be redundant for you as I am in the UK, but this is the page for me with the discounted price.

Link

I just remember my PS+ expired, and that is how I own the game, so technically speaking I don't own the game on PS3, so yeah fuck!

I completely forgot this existed.

Reminds me that I should just play the damn game already. I bought it on PC a year ago and have yet to play it.

0racle

Yeah

This is getting almost embarrassing. Does anyone else think its coincidental that it was HEAVILY discounted on an upgrade from existing PS+ title? seems very suspect considering the 100% lack of info. It seems like its going to be sent out to die. I wish I am wrong though.

Bizzquik

It seems like its going to be sent out to die.

Totally agree.
We're less than a week before launch.
During August, Bethesda has not had another title to release. So its not like their marketing machine has been busy hyping up something else...

They apparently cannot be bothered to arrange preview sessions with gaming websites, etc. Not even a YouTube hype video.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's not that people don't think the PS4/XBO can't run Dishonored at those specs; It's that we've received no information on said specs. Typically when there's any sort of upgrade, a company will market it to the moon.

Take a look at the Uncharted collection, TLoU and GoW3 remasters. Sony made sure that we knew they were/will be 60fps since the moment each was announced. For the TR:DE, Crystal Dynamics touted the upgraded graphics and hair. For Gears:UE, Microsoft has shown off every single improvement - including 60fps multiplayer.

For this Dishonored: DE, all we know is that the DLC will be included, but that was to be expected in, what is essentially, a GOTY edition. Beyond that, we've been given ZERO information.

THose games you mentioned were the exceptions and not the norm. Take a long look at the list of remastered games out there. Most of them did not receive much in the way of marketing. TR was announced a mere two months before it was released and Sleeping Dogs pretty much had no marketing. Also, I would disagree that God of War 3 was "marketed to the moon" It received a few online videos, but not much else.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This port is being made on the cheap and its not going to sell a ton of copies. Therefore marketting it like crazy makes little sense.

Some videos and promotion would be nice, but I wouldn't expect much than the games using PC assets and running at 1080p/ 60 (or 30 which suits the game just fine).

As long as the framerate is reasonably stable and doesn't do a lot of crashing (like Saints Row IV) it will be good enough for me.

Although, I would have kittens if they fixed it such that you got some sort of notification if an enemy had seen you and/or if you accidently killed somebody instead of making you wait until the end of the level to find out. That was my only real criticism of the game.

I still have dishonored for the PS3 but I never made the time to play it.
I'm currently trying to sell it so I can play this version but 5 days away from launch and almost nothing on it is ridiculous.

SerTapTap

I'll be surprised if this runs at 60fps. It will be 30 almost for sure.

It hits 60 on PC without issue, and I'm fairly sure PS4/Xbone could handle max or at least near max PC settings at 1080p/60. It's not a very intensive game.

So, Arkane is doing the port themselves? That's probably for the best.
But...five days out and no info?? :/

I do wonder if this is just them thinking "it's a remaster why bother", but either way not putting out info doesn't look good.

Top Bottom