• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored details from Game Informer (And Reviews)

So, can anyone with the new Game Informer describe the look of the game/art/screens. Got a steam punk/victorian vibe from the one released screen.

Oh, God, do I wish I could see some scans (plz don't ban me ;_;).

SolidSnakex said:
The review mainly just complains about it being too hard, and how the thought of another difficult puzzle took him away from enjoying the story. He also complained because the decisions he made caused him to get one of the worst endings in the game, which meant that he'd have to play through a long game (around 12-15h) that has a high difficult level again to get a better ending.
If those are really his complaints than that shit is laughable, "OH NO I GOT A BAD ENDING NOW I GOTTA PLAY THIS GAME OVER AND IT'S TOO HARD!"

SMH at Game Informer right now.

Well a 7 for Cathrine sounds about right from a "mainstream" publication like GI, but I also wouldn't put much stock in whatever they have to say really.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
SolidSnakex said:
The review mainly just complains about it being too hard, and how the thought of another difficult puzzle took him away from enjoying the story. He also complained because the decisions he made caused him to get one of the worst endings in the game, which meant that he'd have to play through a long game (around 12-15h) that has a high difficult level again to get a better ending.
tumblr_lknewgcp0w1qdqf08o1_500.gif

Riposte said:
I don't understand why SSF4 AE score that low relative to its predecessors. Probably some stupid reason like "Its a patch!".

The review says that it "only offers two very Akuma-like characters (Evil Ryu and Oni)" and two other characters that are similar (Yun and Yang). It also says that the inclusion of the replay features indicates that it's an upgrade made for the hardcore player.

Kintaro said:
Who reviewed it so that they may be shunned forever.

Phil Kollar

Clevinger

- They refer to the AI as "analog AI". They'll have a number of characteristics that are modified on the fly instead of having a simple alert or neutral as you find in most games. One example is that two guards talking to each other will have narrower "vision cones" and their hearing will be duller in comparison to a guard patrolling on his own. Light, mental state, ambient noise ect. will all impact how the AI reacts.

love it

Dr Eggman said:
I don't get this mentality. Every reviewer has their own standards and just because one reviewer gave DNF a 7 doesn't mean he wouldn't give Catherine an 8. It's not Game Informer as an entity reviewing these games, its specific individuals.

A reasonable opinion! I did not review DNF and would not have given it a 7 (nor the 6.75 it received) if I did.

Kintaro said:
Who reviewed it so that they may be shunned forever.

That'd be me!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
demosthenes said:
Did you expect a game like Catherine to get a 9?

I guess an 8 would've been nice but no way did I expect this to get a 9 no matter how much I end up loving it.

I was expecting an 8 at least.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Shocked that EDF:IA rated higher than Catherine.

Having played both, all I can say is... Are you serious bro?

Just finished reading the article on Dishonored and I have to say, I'm pretty surprised there isn't more hype. I guess there have only been a couple screenshots and no video yet, but the ideas sound incredible. Maybe I'm new at this and this will end with lots of broken promises, but I can't freakin' wait.

Sounds to me like Deus Creed: Blood Money.

I welcome some grounding here, I really don't know what to expect other than what I read. I got the power up card just for the subscription for this article. I like Game Informer well enough anyway.

Weenerz

Banned
Guess there were not PC exclusive games that came out for this issue, I mean, they are a gaming magazine right? Why continually exclude PC from anything that isn't multiplatform?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just got around to reading the GI on this. Sounds like it could be something really special. Deserves more hype!

Meisadragon said:
Catherine 7? Damn, was looking forward to that. But Dishonored seems really promising, though.
Don't choose the games you play based off of GI reviews. Yeesh

Dishonored looks fucking amazing, I'm in love with the style and setting.

.la1n

Small Mailman said:
Don't choose the games you play based off of GI reviews. Yeesh

Dishonored looks fucking amazing, I'm in love with the style and setting.

On a purely technical level, it's not very impressive but the art design more than makes up for it with it's originality.

massoluk

Banned
Bwahaha, I clicked on the thread expecting some juicy revelation on some unethical articles and reviews in Game Informer, like evidences of the magazine getting cash or exclusive for favorable reviews.

Top Bottom