• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored E3 Gameplay Walkthrough

sflufan

Banned
It's being released in between Ass Creed 3, RE6, CoD: Blops 2 and Halo 4. I'm afraid it's being sent out to die.

No, it's not being released "in between" any of those games.

Dishonored is being released on October 9, a full 3 weeks before the release of AC3 which is the earliest release date of any of those games that you listed.

injurai

Banned
You're right, but the no kill thing in MGS is different. Metal Gear lets you "no kill" but you are still forced into boss battles that you have to tranq for the most part. It's more or less the same thing just with a blue gun instead of red. And when avoiding enemies, there is a certain linearity to the whole affair. There's not a lot of player expression - which is not a fault of MGS as most games are designed this way.

Dishonored allows for many different organic approaches and allows you to deal with main targets without killing them (or shooting them with a stun dart or whatever). One example given earlier was sending a target to work in his own mine for life.

I like MGS and it is good at what it does (puzzle stealth) but it's a different subgenre than DXHR or Dishonored. Metal Gear/MG Solid sits next to Portal in my head - smartly designed rooms/chambers you have to get through with clearly explained rules. Dishonored is more of an "assassin simulator" as the devs allude to. Just different beasts with different goals. It's all good.

Edit: can't really comment on MGS4, just the first three.

4 is just octocamo past everyone while using infinite tranqs from the drebin store.

Grewas

Neo Member
Never paid attention to this game until now. Looks like it's right up my alley.

It's a shame that bethesda doesn't seem to be doing a good job with the marketing. I don't think I've seen a single negative comment in this thread and yet there are a bunch of people on neogaf( which are usually more knowledgeable than the average game) that are hearing about the game for the first time or had no idea what it was.

Cerberus

No, it's not being released "in between" any of those games.

Dishonored is being released on October 9, a full 3 weeks before the release of AC3 which is the earliest release date of any of those games that you listed.

RE6 comes out the week before Dishonored.

neoism

awesome is the PC version out on Oct 9th too.... I'm goona get this instead of Boaderlands 2.... I looooovvved Deus Ex HR. This looks awesome. I hope you can tweak it on pc... FOV is too small. Looks awesome though

Cerberus

Yay! Nice to see it be a Game of Show nominee too.

awesome is the PC version out on Oct 9th too.... I'm goona get this instead of Boaderlands 2.... I looooovvved Deus Ex HR. This looks awesome. I hope you can tweak it on pc... FOV is too small. Looks awesome though

Yep. Oct. 9th for North America and Oct. 12th for Europe.

gadwn

Cool concept and all but... I ain't feeling it. The Graphics is not good at all, both the style and technical aspect fails to impress. The characters just look horrible.

I need a demo, but this is probably not for me.

Derrick01

Banned
A tweakable FOV is probably the last bit of good news I needed for this game since I'm pretty sure steamworks was confirmed already (and if not it's safe to assume it will be, Zenimax game and all).

That would be nice but I would be surprised. Bethesda has kind of botched the marketing up to this point to the level that most of gaf doesn't even know what this is still let alone the casuals. Hell just look at this thread at how many posters here just learning of the game through E3, despite this having several preview rounds and a game informer cover story already.

man.. go through this thread alone and everyone who has seen the footage is sold on it! already! yes, it comes out soon.. but this game is going to sell like a mother fucker... through word of mouth alone.. people will be teling their friends about controlling fishes, no kill runs, and possessing guards to kill themselves.. and this info will travel and travel

other people will think it's going to be a stealthish skyrim due to publisher bethesda... which will also garner tons of sales

and seriously, that's all they have to market the game as.. boom, few million sales

Damn, I need this game. Best game of E3
coming out this year at least =/

seriously, this won EVERY SINGLE Best of E3 award for me... however, best multiplayer is going to planetside 2 :)

seriously, I'm also so fucking happy this game is releasing on PC.. I hope it's not just a port.. praying for dx11 features :)

however... if it looks exactly like the 360 featurs + 1080p + AA/AF = mmm baby its on

I love that the game tracks how many innocents you've killed, it's always struck me as strong cognitive dissonance how people who have murdered hundreds by their own hand can emerge as heroes in videogame narrative. You should try to avoid and spare those who stand in your way for no other reason than duty.

*smooches max payne 3*

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So this is basically a badass version of Thief combined with the Geist concept.

Day fricken one.

Edit: Gamespot stage demo made this my most anticipated game of the year.

Neiteio

Heh, well this is weird. Never heard of this game, yet I visit GAF everyday. When was this first announced?

Looks exciting. No-kill runs are ALWAYS welcome. I did no-kill runs in MGS4 and Deus Ex: HR (well, save for one bit in Deus Ex:
Malik in the chopper
). Challenging, but you feel godly when you can resolve situations without bloodshed. The various powers at your disposal here seem very clever. I'm not familiar with this studio, though, so I don't know whether I should expect them to maintain this level of complexity through the whole game.

When does this release for PC?

StuBurns

Banned
It was announced months ago, we've had a few threads about it, but the first in-game trailer only came out last week, so it's not surprising the buzz has been low till now.

And it comes out the second week in October.

I'm so pumped for this game being a huge stealth fan. Quick question...What are peoples opinions on the Dark Messiah game they did? I remember there being an option to play through on the stealth side. How does it hold up?

Heh, well this is weird. Never heard of this game, yet I visit GAF everyday. When was this first announced?

Looks exciting. No-kill runs are ALWAYS welcome. I did no-kill runs in MGS4 and Deus Ex: HR (well, save for one bit in Deus Ex:
Malik in the chopper
). Challenging, but you feel godly when you can resolve situations without bloodshed. The various powers at your disposal here seem very clever. I'm not familiar with this studio, though, so I don't know whether I should expect them to maintain this level of complexity through the whole game.

When does this release for PC?

http://dishonored.tumblr.com/

look at this shit. this shit looks like it's built on the ground up for PC then ported and designed around consoles... so yeah, day 1 worldwide release

this isn't rockstar *cough gta4*

looks like fucking sex, dogs.

ArjanN

I'm so pumped for this game being a huge stealth fan. Quick question...What are peoples opinions on the Dark Messiah game they did? I remember there being an option to play through on the stealth side. How does it hold up?

Underrated, it has some of the best first person melee combat in a game.

Get it.

hittman

Banned
wouldn't get your hopes up about dx11 features. i'll just be happy if it looks similar/better than skyrim and can be modded to shit later on!

Lotto

This game is my most anticipated game right now. Everything about it just looks stellar. Will be visiting that tumblr a lot up until release!

Top Bottom