• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney’s Proposed ‘Star Wars’ Hotel Could Allow You to Sleep in a Starship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Disney’s Proposed ‘Star Wars’ Hotel Could Allow You to Sleep in a Starship and Live in the Story

star-wars-hotel-700x361.jpg

Disney has recently begun surveying guests about a possible Star Wars resort hotel which could be built at Walt Disney World. According to the information presented in the survey, the hotel would allow guests to take a vacation on an “actual” Star Wars Starship. Below, we’ve gathered all of the details about this proposed Star Wars hotel experience.

The Disney survey in question is being conducted by a contracted third party through Swagbucks.com and was first noticed by WDWNT. The proposed hotel would not just be a place where you return after riding the rides, but an all-inclusive, two-night immersive resort experience.

Of course, this is just a survey and not an announced concept, but it certainly points to some ideas Disney appears to be developing. After all, many theme park ideas began their lives as survey subjects. And the included concept art just looks super cool.

star-wars-hotel1-700x211.jpg

The resort would offer a two-day story set in the Star Wars galaxy, where you would be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the stay. You would be able to have personal interactions with Star Wars characters and live performers throughout the starship. And it’s your choice to experience the story by actively participating or just observing the action.

Guests could engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions, both on the starship resort and throughout the upcoming Star Wars-themed land at the Hollywood Studios theme park. Disney already offers experiences like the Jedi Training Academy in their parks, but this proposed lightsaber training could be with the new lightsaber technology that Walt Disney Imagineering recently patented.

Recently, we learned that the interactive experiences in Star Wars Land would follow you around and that you could develop a “reputation” that would effect experiences throughout the land and in other attractions. If you haven’t yet read about that, you can get all of the details right over here. It sounds like this new hotel resort would allow the experience and story to follow you back to your accommodations.

star-wars-hotel2-700x212.jpg

As long as there's no sand.

I'm picturing the Rebellion having a deadly serious meeting about their next battle while some schmucks from Missouri take pictures.

The resort would offer a two-day story set in the Star Wars galaxy, where you would be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the stay. You would be able to have personal interactions with Star Wars characters and live performers throughout the starship. And it’s your choice to experience the story by actively participating or just observing the action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AflnHF78ww4

Matty77

As someone who has been a lifelong hater of theme parks and amusement rides this is the first time since an not only excited but if it does become real something I may save money long term so I can experience it.

Next level larping, this sounds really cool. Also first I'm reading about the "real" lightsabers being worked on for the park. There any footage of prototypes, or any media for that matter (aside from the patent)?

Hahaha Nope!

Uh yeah, bit beyond my budget there :/

Not exactly surprised though, this is cutting edge immersion entertainment, and the hotel part is ofc gonna rack it up all the more. Oh well, time to start saving.

Lkr

acb.jpg

i have stayed in so many disney hotels over the years and one at universal orlando. this is the first time i am legit hype for one of these

styl3s

As someone who has been a lifelong hater of theme parks and amusement rides this is the first time since an not only excited but if it does become real something I may save money long term so I can experience it.
Harry Potter is the only reason i stepped foot in Universal and Star Wars is the only reason i will step foot in Disney.

They keep milking the Star Wars/Marvel cow and i will keep drinking it.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
If this were to be built it'll no doubt be a deluxe hotel and well out of the price range of myself and most of the folks I know.

But it'll be great for the wealthy.

Gallbaro

Banned
I would so fucking do this

They have done similar hotel rooms in the past, utilizing existing wings for "Moderate" resorts and redecorating the space for a Pirate theme, etc.

Hell, for a "space" theme they can put these rooms in the fucking basement.

Besides Animal Kingdom Lodge is already the best resort on the planet.

I love the concept of having narratives that can encompass a stay at the park, but I just don't see how it could scale to every guest while remaining a fun experience. You run into the real life version of the MMO problem, where the ratio of 'players' to story characters is impossible to balance.

Unfortunately the answer is probably just to keep raising ticket prices until they can decrease attendance.

Salamando

I love the concept of having narratives that can encompass a stay at the park, but I just don't see how it could scale to every guest while remaining a fun experience. You run into the real life version of the MMO problem, where the ratio of 'players' to story characters is impossible to balance.

Unfortunately the answer is probably just to keep raising ticket prices until they can decrease attendance.

This won't be Disney's first foray into in-park quests. Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom has something called Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. You hit specific points in the park to do battle against Disney villains and their henchman, using CCG cards. In June, we rarely had queues of more than two people.

That was free. This costs $1k per person. I don't think scaling is the issue.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Guests could engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions, both on the starship resort and throughout the upcoming Star Wars-themed land at the Hollywood Studios theme park. Disney already offers experiences like the Jedi Training Academy in their parks, but this proposed lightsaber training could be with the new lightsaber technology that Walt Disney Imagineering recently patented.

This sounds so good. SO GOOD. I wish I were a kid again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom