• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

curb

Banned
I ended up trying out my Ultron tonight. I really like the figure but so far, I really don't like playing as the character. I should wait and see what he's like after he's leveled up but so far, unimpressed. Way too chatty as well.

JV posted on Twitter that servers will be up until around the end of 2016. I wonder if new toy boxes will be able to go up if Disneys curration team is no longer there.

I ended up trying out my Ultron tonight. I really like the figure but so far, I really don't like playing as the character. I should wait and see what he's like after he's leveled up but so far, unimpressed. Way too chatty as well.
He never shuts up. The worst character when it comes to this. His special is probably the most over powered though. I actually re-spec'd him to max it out because of how powerful it is.

Every local Walmart has cleared out their DI inventory. Wanted to pick up a LightFX Luke and had to order him online (he's still available there). So if anyone was putting off picking that up you might want to do it soon before they take him off their website too.

Everywhere else still seems to have DI stuff, but the sales and discounts are plentiful.

And I enjoy Ultron a lot, I just wish his voicework had a bit more personality to it like the movie Ultron. He's a bit more bland and monotone like the comic book Ultron.

curb

Banned
JV posted on Twitter that servers will be up until around the end of 2016. I wonder if new toy boxes will be able to go up if Disneys curration team is no longer there.

That's a whole lot longer than I expected.

He never shuts up. The worst character when it comes to this. His special is probably the most over powered though. I actually re-spec'd him to max it out because of how powerful it is.

I'll have to put more time into him. Maybe with the sound off.

And I enjoy Ultron a lot, I just wish his voicework had a bit more personality to it like the movie Ultron. He's a bit more bland and monotone like the comic book Ultron.

He seems like a good cross between MCU Ultron and say, Earth's Mightiest Heroes Ultron.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh, seems like the Disney Infinity 2.0 set is now down to 25€. Will wait a little time more I think.

Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but can I use also the recently released Marvel figures like Ant Man or Vision on 2.0? This version hijinx is pretty confusing.

curb

Banned
I'm surprised too. Unfortunately the timeframe is vague enough that I'd still recommend downloading what you want as early as you can.

Absolutely.

I'm planning on putting in a bit of time after I'm done with Uncharted. I hope I can finally get those multiplayer trophies since that's all I need for the Platinum and I keep putting it off.

Lomax

Considering that they immediate the ceased development operations, I think the end of the year is surprisingly generous.

Considering all they have to do is keep servers running, that they are still selling product on Steam at full price, and that as soon as the servers go down anyone on the pc version has nothing, I don't really think six months is what I'd call generous... not that it's that surprising, but I was still hopeful.

curb

Banned
Considering all they have to do is keep servers running, that they are still selling product on Steam at full price, and that as soon as the servers go down anyone on the pc version has nothing, I don't really think six months is what I'd call generous... not that it's that surprising, but I was still hopeful.

Generous was a poor word choice on my part. It's them cutting support so quickly for PC and mobile that makes me surprised that they're leaving the servers up for as long as they are. It absolutely should be longer than the end up the year - that would actually be generous.

TyrantII

So, think the figures go on heavy discount or will they just slowly disappear? Wondering if I can snag some for $4-5 anytime soon.

So, think the figures go on heavy discount or will they just slowly disappear? Wondering if I can snag some for $4-5 anytime soon.

You may be able to grab some deals on ebay, some people may hold on for collector reasons while others will look to dump off and divest from the series. Cheapassgamer is a good place to check out sales, I imagine many stores will now be looking to clear out inventory.

curb

Banned
It sounds like we were going to get a Spider-Gwen figure in the next round of Marvel characters. I would have like to see that.

I've downloaded close to 300 Toyboxes from 3.0 and the majority of the remaining 1.0 Toyboxes still on the servers. Pretty sad to see that a lot of those are already lost.

On the disneyinfinityfan forums it looks like they'll be trying to do Toybox challenges with friend share as it seems no one is going to approve new boxes for upload. Would have been nice of them to keep somebody on it until the end of the year or at least until they had finished launching product at retail.

So I hope to collect everything (the 1.0 figures for 2 for 12 at Toysrus this week has helped that).

I have a few quick questions in regards to variants.

Do the Crystal figure from 1.0 count for 100% completion? I know they have a separate collection area (Hall of Heroes) in 1.0. How are they counted for 2.0 and 3.0 completion?

How is Crystal Magician Mickey treated in 1.0 and other games? Is he playable in crystal form in the games? Does he show up in Hall of Heroes 1.0?

How is Black Spiderman treated? Does he have a unique statue in Hall of Heroes? Is there any difference between the figure that comes in the Vita bundle and the 3.0 figure?

Finally for the Light FX figures are they like Crystal figures in that they have their own statues in the Hall of Heroes different from the regular versions? Do they appear different in game? Or do they count the same as the regular versions? I would rather just get these alone and not the regular versions as well.

Also does Toybox Speedway unlock anything to use when creating Toy Box levels, like cars? What cars are available in Speedway?

Thank-you for any help.

I have a few quick questions in regards to variants.

Do the Crystal figure from 1.0 count for 100% completion?
-Yes

I know they have a separate collection area (Hall of Heroes) in 1.0. How are they counted for 2.0 and 3.0 completion?
-In the same way in Hall of Heroes. In the Disney Infinity Collection, each is worth 1% EXP bonus like other 1.0 characters.

How is Crystal Magician Mickey treated in 1.0 and other games? Is he playable in crystal form in the games? Does he show up in Hall of Heroes 1.0?
-Even though he was released as a 2.0 character he will work the same as the other crystal variants in all versions of the game. For some reason, his pedestal in Hall of Heroes is off-set from the rest of the crystal characters.
wTA4S5g.png

How is Black Spiderman treated? Does he have a unique statue in Hall of Heroes? Is there any difference between the figure that comes in the Vita bundle and the 3.0 figure?
-In the Hall of Superheroes he doesn't have his own hologram but if you own him, black symbiote will appear around the base of his hologram. In the Disney Infinity Collection, Black Spidey and regular Spidey are separate. Black Spidey is marked 3.0 and adds 5% to the EXP bonus while regular Spidey is marked 2.0 and adds 3% EXP bonus. There is no difference between the Vita bundle black Spidey and the stand-alone. He has slightly different move set than regular Spidey as well in 3.0.

Finally for the Light FX figures are they like Crystal figures in that they have their own statues in the Hall of Heroes different from the regular versions? Do they appear different in game? Or do they count the same as the regular versions? I would rather just get these alone and not the regular versions as well.
-They don't have their own statues but owning the light up version will show a glowing lightsaber at the base of the statue. The non-light up version will have an empty slot at the base. There is no difference in game. Unlike Spidey, they are not counted separately in the Disney Infinity Collection. There's no need to double-dip here unless you physically want everything.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:
Also does Toybox Speedway unlock anything to use when creating Toy Box levels, like cars? What cars are available in Speedway?

Not cars but there are Toy Box toys. Here is the unlock list: http://www.infinityguru.com/play-sets/toy-box-speedway/unlockables

Hope that helps.

EDIT:

Not cars but there are Toy Box toys. Here is the unlock list: http://www.infinityguru.com/play-sets/toy-box-speedway/unlockables

Thanks a ton. It really was very helpful. I appreciate it.

I'm very glad that regular and Light FX figures don't count separately. I couldn't justifying buying 8 more figures like the ones I had that didn't have light up light sabers.

I'm tempted not to bother with the Light FX for Anakin and Luke. On one hand it's cool to have a complete Light FX step but on the other it's two more figures exactly like the ones I have. I'll wait for discounts.

Edit:

One more question.

Are there any differences in features between 3.0 versions?

I'm not talking about resolution and performance but for example are you able to make bigger Toy Boxes in PS4 opposed to PS3?

PS4 and Xbox One have bigger toybox hubs and overall better performance, especially in co-op. It's not so much that you can make more elaborate toyboxes for those consoles, but more that the fancier, more dense toyboxes run significantly better on them.

I don't get why they can't just pack in Nemo with the Finding Dory playset instead of charging $30 + $14. This is the kind of anti-consumer bullshit that drove people away from the game. Can we hope for a price drop like Battlegrounds? It's already dead, I'm not sure they care at this point.

I really hope they turn off the requirement for text creation to be tied online when the servers shut down.

My main reason for getting into Infinity was to create unique stories with the Toy Box creator for my family and friends. It would be stupid to lose text addition ability when the servers go.

Sorry, another question.

Can you transfer save files from PS3 to PS4 for Infinity? Or possibly Vita to other platforms? How do trophies work between versions. I know Vita has a unique list. With the PS4K coming I definitely have no plans to get a PS4 now. I plan to get the Platinum trophies for all three games on PS3 and the Platinum for 2.0 on Vita this summer before the servers shut down. I hope I can just transfer progress and unlocks to PS4 when the time comes. I actually bought the Toy Box bundle for 2.0 for PS4 for $5 recently from Walmart.

PS4 and Xbox One have bigger toybox hubs and overall better performance, especially in co-op. It's not so much that you can make more elaborate toyboxes for those consoles, but more that the fancier, more dense toyboxes run significantly better on them.

Thanks. So performance is PS4> PS3>Wii U. Is it really bad on Wii U? That's my preferred system.

Edit:

I don't get why they can't just pack in Nemo with the Finding Dory playset instead of charging $30 + $14. This is the kind of anti-consumer bullshit that drove people away from the game. Can we hope for a price drop like Battlegrounds? It's already dead, I'm not sure they care at this point.

Before the cancellation, which from accounts was very sudden, they stated they decided to move to single figures with playsets to give more choice.

Obvious now it seems dumb not to have Nemo but the packaging and production was probably to far along when cancellation was announced to change.

Before the cancellation, which from accounts was very sudden, they stated they decided to move to single figures with playsets to give more choice.

Obvious now it seems dumb not to have Nemo but the packaging and production was probably to far along when cancellation was announced to change.

I get that but the price is ridiculous. $35 down to $30 doesn't feel like I'm making any sort of choice. That gap closes with GCU at $27.50 to $24. Hopefully they drop it...

Thanks. So performance is PS4> PS3>Wii U. Is it really bad on Wii U? That's my preferred system.

Wii U is on par with PS3 and Xbox 360. I've played the game on Wii U, 360, and Xbox One and the Wii U and 360 performed about the same. I imagine PS3 will be about the same as those two as well.

The only ones that are noticably better are the Xbox One and PS4.

So one Target near me still had Infinity 2.0 figures available in the back. They were all listed under a UPC that was called Infinity Legacy. Seems to be only Marvel stuff.

Was able to get Falcon, Yondu and Loki. All were $3.50 after Cartwheel which ends the 28, which is right now on the East Coast. All I'm missing is Iron Fist, Crystal Mickey and Baymax from 2.0.

At a different Target I was able to get 8 Marvel Power Disc Packs for $1.25 after discount.

I also saw these at Walmart:

They're literally just a cardboard sleeve for individual packages. $15 is a real good price.

I bought Ronan for $7 from Walmart two weeks ago.

If I could switch Hulk with Ronan I would return the one I have and Loki and get that.

Lomax

Interesting, I had assumed that Walmart took them off the shelves and sent them back to Disney for a refund (Walmart has the pull to do that sort of thing) but the repackage looks like they worked some sort of deal out.

I'm gonna jump on those Battlegrounds 3-packs as a way to build up my Marvel collection. Thanks for posting, Sato.

Today I bought Chewbacca, Poe and the four Star Wars Rebels characters to complete my Star Wars collection.

Rated-G

Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps are currently $6.99 at Best Buy to coincide with the home video release of Zootopia. Not sure how long they'll be that price, I didn't see it advertised anywhere and the price sticker didn't indicate at what date the price would revert, if at all.

Here's a free PC web code for the 'Rise Against The Empire' playset for anyone who wants it:

Use quote to view and please say if you claimed it.

May the Force be with you!

curb

Banned
I'm not sure what to think about that Hulk premium figure. On one hand, that pose looks pretty good but at the same time, I've always found their Hulk design a little flat and it's pretty much the exact same model.

Well, it's a premium rerelease, not a new Hulk, so it'd need to look the same in-game. I imagine if they were doing something like the 2nd Cap figure he'd be redesigned but these were just supposed to be big, fancy figures of existing stuff.

curb

Banned
Well, it's a premium rerelease, not a new Hulk, so it'd need to look the same in-game. I imagine if they were doing something like the 2nd Cap figure he'd be redesigned but these were just supposed to be big, fancy figures of existing stuff.

I guess nuCap made me expect more from a new Hulk but yeah, if it was just a bigger figure then they wouldn't bother to redesign him.

jesu

I got the Toybox Takeover in ASDA the other day for 5 pounds.
The box was all damaged so that is why it was reduced.
Might get using all those Star Wars figures I bought now!

Top Bottom