• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Lone Ranger and Pirates are definitely the best two. Pirates wins out, it's a massive world that actually lets you sail around and explore optional islands and such. The only thing that cripples Pirates a bit are numerous, NUMEROUS bugs. Grated I was playing split screen coop, but I rarely went 5 minutes without encountering the odd jank of some sort or another.

eggwolio

Hehe, someone made something similar to GTA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xarmb-rkFjI

Also, what do you guys think of this video Campster did on DI?

That GTA video is awesome. I agree with several of the points Camps terms brought up. I'm loving Infinity so far but will readily admit that it's flawed. His comparisons to the Toy Story 3 game were pretty accurate. I find the game we have to be acceptable and I'm playing the heck out of it and building a huge collection, but I'm fully aware that we have a long way to go. Here's hoping they take some criticism to heart when it's time to put Infinitwo on the shelves.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
thanks everyone for the replies!
not being interested in the toy box, can someone explain me if the 3ds version is still good to show the figures interaction with the videogame? something like being able tu summon the characters on the base on their world, give them power ups with the discs and so on...

otherwise I'll go to a GS and look at which console I can find at the cheapest price, used.

eggwolio

not being interested in the toy box, can someone explain me if the 3ds version is still good to show the figures interaction with the videogame? something like being able tu summon the characters on the base on their world, give them power ups with the discs and so on...

otherwise I'll go to a GS and look at which console I can find at the cheapest price, used.

360 is going to be cheapest. You're looking at $120 if they have one with a wired controller or $130 for wireless. Also, check your PMs before you go.

SegaShack

If your only interest in this is showing NFC toys relationships to games, it would be much cheaper to get Spyro Skylanders Adventures, there are tons of these out there, new and used.

FYC

Banned
I'm having a weird problem with doors.

I connect a trigger to an automatic double door, and tell it that step on -> open, step off -> close. Sometimes it works, half the time the door freezes in an open or closed position and won't start working again until I jump on the trigger several times. The trigger is fairly far away, so the player being too close for it to close isn't an issue... Just a glitch? EDIT: I watched one of Chad Liddell's videos, yeah, seems doors are finicky.

...Think I need to find a better way to make large indoor areas. I placed a shiiiiit ton of long / tall blocks with the metal texture to make it look like a factory and almost hit the cap before even putting enemies in. Blah. Maybe there's a good terrain texture I don't have yet.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Thankr again to everyone! First, I am PAL
I ll go to GS and look for the cheapest used console
about skylander, IP already showed it a couple of years ago
now they want to see dirney worlds integration, transition and uniformed style!

Bog

Junior Ace
Walked into a couple boxes of TRU exclusive discs at my local store. How can you tell if they're Mike's Car or Tron?

Wow, Toy story is the final set?! Fuck that this was my purchase after GTA but only on the notion hat it would be expandable over time no way am I buying it with this level of limitation the disney universe is incredibly rich and poorly represented without Aladdin, Hercules, Mickey Mouse, and the plethora of other series.

Way to misrepresent your game, every time I seen something about this they said it would be expanded again and again

Wow, Toy story is the final set?! Fuck that this was my purchase after GTA but only on the notion hat it would be expandable over time no way am I buying it with this level of limitation the disney universe is incredibly rich and poorly represented without Aladdin, Hercules, Mickey Mouse, and the plethora of other series.

Way to misrepresent your game, every time I seen something about this they said it would be expanded again and again

Toy Story may the be the end for Infinity as it is on disc right now, but I highly doubt it's the end in the grand scheme. They've invested far too much money into this to just call it quits by December.

DodgerSan

Have a problem with a racetrack. It's all linked up, I can start a race with AI cars, but the lap counter doesn't work. Any ideas?

Also, when are we supposed to be ble to download other people's toy boxes?

FYC

Banned
Made my first toybox. Even though it turned out pretty bad, I had a lot of fun making it. I need a loooooot more parts.

I'm embarrassingly bad when it comes to connecting shit. Experimenting is jolly good fun, thankfully.

Have a problem with a racetrack. It's all linked up, I can start a race with AI cars, but the lap counter doesn't work. Any ideas?

Also, when are we supposed to be ble to download other people's toy boxes?

Hmm, Campster pointed out in his video that the lap counter was glitchy. I dunno, maybe this will help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS9rCtZMveY

DodgerSan

Made my first toybox. Even though it turned out pretty bad, I had a lot of fun making it. I need a loooooot more parts.

I'm embarrassingly bad when it comes to connecting shit. Experimenting is jolly good fun, thankfully.

Hmm, Campster pointed out in his video that the lap counter was glitchy. I dunno, maybe this will help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS9rCtZMveY

I think I have a branching section, that might be it. Cheers!

Although, what is the point of having branching pieces if the break the race? Stupid.

Edit: nope. Took the branch out, still doesn't work. Annoying.

Disney Infinity website was updated with the information about the Wave 2 power discs: https://infinity.disney.com/power-discs#set2
Frozen discs are part of wave 2 in the packs, not only coming with the Frozen toyset.

Also, people over disneyinfinityfans have confirmed a Wreck-it-Ralph toyset with Ralph, Venelope and the same two discs from wave 1:

8717418401160-crop-325x325.jpg

So probably Pheneas&Ferb discs from their toyset will be part of wave 3 of the packs as well.

Toy Story Playset has a date of October 22nd.

They also confirmed TRU exclusive crystal Mr. Incrediblle and Sully to arrive on October 11th. Also from TRU there will be Race to Space pack coming Nov 1st. What is that?
"RACE TO SPACE INCLUDES Crystal Lightning McQueen and the TRU Exclusive CROME power disc.Crystal BUZZ LIGHTYEAR and the Zurg powerdisc"

So these two TRU discs may only come as part of this set and not in the power discs packs. Plus it is a bummer that anyone wanting Crystal Buzz and already have Crystal McQueen will have to buy it again!

RobbieNick

Disney Infinity website was updated with the information about the Wave 2 power discs: https://infinity.disney.com/power-discs#set2
Frozen discs are part of wave 2 in the packs, not only coming with the Frozen toyset.

Also, people over disneyinfinityfans have confirmed a Wreck-it-Ralph toyset with Ralph, Venelope and the same two discs from wave 1:

So probably Pheneas&Ferb discs from their toyset will be part of wave 3 of the packs as well.

They also confirmed TRU exclusive crystal Mr. Incrediblle and Sully to arrive on October 11th. Also from TRU there will be Race to Space pack coming Nov 1st. What is that?
"RACE TO SPACE INCLUDES Crystal Lightning McQueen and the TRU Exclusive CROME power disc.Crystal BUZZ LIGHTYEAR and the Zurg powerdisc"

So these two TRU discs may only come as part of this set and not in the power discs packs. Plus it is a bummer that anyone wanting Crystal Buzz and already have Crystal McQueen will have to buy it again!

Sooo! Those "Exclusive" discs ARE timed exclusive as 2 of them are in the regular line up of Wave 2. Good.

Great. I go to great pains to get King Kandy's Dessert toppings and here it's in a Wreck it Ralph two-pack. XP

Out of Wave 2, I really want Halloweentown sky and ground textures and Maximus.

qwerty2k

iPad app is out today from what I've read. I'm at work but if anyone gets to try it please post impressions. Would be greatly appreciated.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Pissed about the discs being S1 discs, but I NEED Venelope and Ralph.

gotee12

Pissed about the discs being S1 discs, but I NEED Venelope and Ralph.

Same here. I just finished collecting S1 discs and they announce this. Not going to collect any S2 or S3 discs until all the SKU's are announced. Which means I'll probably do all my collecting through trades/ebay and ignoring blind packs from here on out.

eggwolio

That video was incredible.

Also makes me wonder if perhaps Zurg is indeed going to be playable. All of the rest are confirmed payable characters, with one exception.

RobbieNick

Any tips for hitting level 15?

Start a new toy box.

In action toys, get the fan and set it on the floor.

Very slowly dive your character in any car onto the fan until you're hovering in the air.

Take the right analog stick and spin in any direction for oh...about an hour.

I'd recommend taking a hook and a rubber band. Put the right stick on the rubber band and hang it off the hook and go do something else for an hour while your character spins away.

An hour later, drop back to the ground, BUT STAY LEVEL or else it might not count.

DJ_Lae

Oh man I'm totally downloading this now if it's out. I'm very curious.

Okay I played a bit of it since posting last.

It's...well, it's about what I expected. I'll attribute performance issues to my iPad 3 but it runs like absolute shit when there's more than a handful of anything dumped in the toy box.

Driving controls are terrible too. General movement is okay, as is building, though I can't say I find it any easier than building using a 360 controller.

Zalman

I'm interested in buying this game at some point, but I don't find the playset options too appealing right now. Hopefully they focus on more classic characters in the future. I'd love to see something based on Duckberg. The Lion King/Tarzan/Aladdin would be neat too.

gotee12

I would buy the Lone Ranger game but I don't want to spend over $100 to play it.
It's my favorite playset so far. In fact, I just finished the main story line along with most of the side missions.

But the in-game counter shows just under 6 hours of playtime in that playset...

It's great fun, it really is. But it's definitely not $100 worth off fun.

Rootbeer

Banned
Went in Gamestop yesterday to pre-order (in-full I might add :p) a copy of Pokemon Y, and double checked all of my pre-orders while in there. When the clerk got to my DI Jack Skellington figure he laughed at me :(

I'm still excited for it though :p (along with Woody and a bunch of the other ones)

JMizzlin

Thinking I would start a healthy obsession after buying the starter set and villains pack I went and picked up my first two power disc packs. Got a Cars armour shield disc in both packs and they were both damaged (chip on the plastic on one and a bit of splayed white paint on the other).

Not going to throw any more money at the discs.

Is there a list of characters/figures that are coming up soon?
I saw Rapunzel but that just makes me want a Flynn Rider.

Mulan is probably my most wanted but with the way Disney treats her she would probably one of the last.

DarkWish

Just a reminder... Tuesday is when the GameStop exclusive Jack Skellington and Wal-Mart exclusive Woody release. These are timed exclusives though so they will be released elsewhere eventually.

A couple people on my Twitter feed managed to snag Woody already. The computer system says it's not out yet when scanned but their managers overrode it. So might want to check your local stores just in case.

EDIT: Jack Skellington is 10/5, Woody is 10/1. My bad!

RobbieNick

Just a reminder... Tuesday is when the GameStop exclusive Jack Skellington and Wal-Mart exclusive Woody release. These are timed exclusives though so they will be released elsewhere eventually.

A couple people on my Twitter feed managed to snag Woody already. The computer system says it's not out yet when scanned but their managers overrode it. So might want to check your local stores just in case.

Hmmm... my Gamestop has an ad for Jack on 10/5 with free poster and $10 off strategy guide for those who pick him up early.

DarkWish

Hmmm... my Gamestop has an ad for Jack on 10/5 with free poster and $10 off strategy guide for those who pick him up early.
Wait, you're totally right. Jack is 10/5 and Woody is tomorrow. My bad! Thanks for clarifying that.

EDIT: Well, tried to buy Woody today since Wal-Mart had it on the shelf. Employee and Manager both said it was recalled and refused to sell it. Manager was rather rude too, rushing me and basically said "I could get sued if I sold this and it needs to pulled off the shelves immediately", so he grabbed his walkie talkie and ran off. At this point, I should have expected that from my local Wal-Mart, they're always rude. And if they can't sell it, they can't sell it. But still, learn how to talk to customers. Not the way to treat them.

Wait, you're totally right. Jack is 10/5 and Woody is tomorrow. My bad! Thanks for clarifying that.

EDIT: Well, tried to buy Woody today since Wal-Mart had it on the shelf. Employee and Manager both said it was recalled and refused to sell it. Manager was rather rude too, rushing me and basically said "I could get sued if I sold this and it needs to pulled off the shelves immediately", so he grabbed his walkie talkie and ran off. At this point, I should have expected that from my local Wal-Mart, they're always rude. And if they can't sell it, they can't sell it. But still, learn how to talk to customers. Not the way to treat them.

hmm, thats weird.
just bought a Woody for my little brother today.

Top Bottom