• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Woody today. They had about 30 of him, but only about four had decent paint apps. Most of them had missing paint under his lifted boot, goofy-looking eyes, and random splotches of paint on his jeans and shirt.

One of them didn't even have eyes!

I thought Disney would be better with quality control. Makes me a bit leery to get Jack Skellington
and Ralph and Vanellope and oh man these figures are cool!

Don't have the link on me at the moment but Target is selling a series two binder that includes all of series two power discs including the rares for $60. I pre-ordered just in case as it seems to be Target only at the moment.

Don't have the link on me at the moment but Target is selling a series two binder that includes all of series two power discs including the rares for $60. I pre-ordered just in case as it seems to be Target only at the moment.

Here is the link:
http://www.target.com/p/disney-infinity-series-2-power-disc-album/-/A-14881751#prodSlot=medium_1_25

This is a great way to get all the discs and spend less. Usually people charges over US$ 100 on ebay for a complete set.

Sadly Target does not ship internationaly. Anyone here wanna help a non-US collector? I would pay and send the item to your home and you will ship it to me. I will pay for the shipping, of course.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow, that Target deal is HUGE. I may have to jump on that. I don't feel like hunting for discs again. $60 and done? Fuck yeah.

Also, Chiaroscuro, PM me and we can talk. I should be able to hook you up.

bumpkin

So I know Jack is going to be available everywhere else near the end of October... Is Woody also going to be available elsewhere? That'd suck if he was Wal-Mart exclusive permanently.

Redshirt

Banned
Woody is only a temporary exclusive, but I don't know when the wider release is. I've read around Nov 1, but I'm not sure where that info comes from.

celebi23

Quote this post for a Xbox code for this (Female Logo Tee)
thumblg.png

Tiny415

Neo Member
Here is the link:
http://www.target.com/p/disney-infinity-series-2-power-disc-album/-/A-14881751#prodSlot=medium_1_25

This is a great way to get all the discs and spend less. Usually people charges over US$ 100 on ebay for a complete set.

Sadly Target does not ship internationaly. Anyone here wanna help a non-US collector? I would pay and send the item to your home and you will ship it to me. I will pay for the shipping, of course.

That is a great catch. Thanks for the heads up and if Nico can't help, PM me and I will try my best.

Captain N

I can't believe they still haven't patched in Pro controller support for Wii U Multiplayer. My son has been playing with Skylanders since the first one came out. Now he had Disney Infinity for 2 days and Jack & Sulley both broke off from the platforms. Now he's kind of turned off by Disney Infinity. Anyone else have problems with the figures breaking from the base? He has had no problems with skylanders doing that.

That is a great catch. Thanks for the heads up and if Nico can't help, PM me and I will try my best.

Tiny! this is LAAG/Nintendad/Chris! Glad to see you on GAF.

Wish you could use most/any characters in the individual playsets. I haven't had a lot of fun with the Toy Box mode so far, so while I'd love to buy Jack Skellington, I wouldn't have any fun playing with him.

Now the album with series 2 discs says "Target Exclusive":

http://www.target.com/p/disney-infi...et-exclusive/-/A-14881751#prodSlot=large_1_25

so the offer will not come to other stores. Better take the deal soon (hope Nico call help me).

Also, Target is saying that the single pack with Venellope is also exclusive:
http://www.target.com/p/disney-infi...et-exclusive/-/A-14881751#prodSlot=large_1_25

Not sure if time exclusive or definitive, but considering that Venellope is also part of two other SKUs (Wreck-it-Ralph toy set and Girl Power triple pack) it may be definitive exclusive to Target.

I can't believe they still haven't patched in Pro controller support for Wii U Multiplayer. My son has been playing with Skylanders since the first one came out. Now he had Disney Infinity for 2 days and Jack & Sulley both broke off from the platforms. Now he's kind of turned off by Disney Infinity. Anyone else have problems with the figures breaking from the base? He has had no problems with skylanders doing that.

There was a post earlier in this thread talking about the same issue. They mentioned contacting Disney about it, who is aware of the problem and (the buyer) should be able to exchange it at the retailer without issue. Otherwise contact them.

Apparently customer service was helpful.

Good luck

Redshirt

Banned
I can't believe Walmart is selling Woody for $21.96 rather than the standard $12.96.

I was going to buy it, but I'll just wait for it to be available through Amazon.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
So lucky... my Gamestop only had 4 Jacks left and didn't know when they were going to get more in. I had no clue there was going to be such a rush for him.

20 years since Chris Sarandon's performance in the original movie. It's nice of Disney to get the original actor to do the voice.

So lucky... my Gamestop only had 4 Jacks left and didn't know when they were going to get more in. I had no clue there was going to be such a rush for him.

20 years since Chris Sarandon's performance in the original movie. It's nice of Disney to get the original actor to do the voice.

Don't know how many mine had left as the employee grabbed one while I was looking at the guide but she said they were going fast. Still got my poster though. Reminds me of those Scholastic posters from school book fairs.

RobbieNick

I was lucky that my Wal-Mart still had three Woody's left yesterday. I picked up my pre-ordered Jack today at Gamestop which came with a huge, card stock poster and got the strategy guide for $10 off.

Will the Frozen power discs be sold seperatly from the figures? Not really interested in playing as the two princesses, but I wanna make a NBC race track using both Halloween Town and the Frozen screnery as Christmas land.

Rootbeer

Banned
picked up my jack skellington today at GS. Went to wal-mart trying to find woody, I found the tiny sign there advertising it but none on the shelf. Asked an employee, and he said they were recalled a while back and they never sent more. Not sure if I trust the info he gave, but whatever. I might just wait for general availability on Woody. It won't be that long.

picked up my jack skellington today at GS. Went to wal-mart trying to find woody, I found the tiny sign there advertising it but none on the shelf. Asked an employee, and he said they were recalled a while back and they never sent more. Not sure if I trust the info he gave, but whatever. I might just wait for general availability on Woody. It won't be that long.

I read elsewhere (maybe here, dont remember) where someone else mentioned a Walmart employee saying they were 'recalled' when they appeared on shelves ahead of street date and no one knowing anything about them.

That said, I got the last one at my local Walmart yesterday.

Redshirt

Banned
Woody is down to $15.45 now, so I guess this was just a matter of Walmart taking advantage of the exclusivity online.

I haven't used him yet, but do you unlock anything by using the Jack Skelington figure? I thought I had seen a video somewhere showing a vault for him, but it might have been an older build.

DarkWish

When I saw a Woody at my Wal-Mart a day early on the shelf and tried to buy it, the system wouldn't let them sell it and the manager (very rudely) told me it was recalled. When I tried to explain that wasn't the case, he insisted and walked away. Went the next day when it officially released and saw one on the shelf and bought it with no hassle.

My guess is the employees are fed with the same story if it doesn't ring up in the system. So they thought it was recalled when it wasn't.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't used him yet, but do you unlock anything by using the Jack Skelington figure? I thought I had seen a video somewhere showing a vault for him, but it might have been an older build.

Jack has 4 chests that appear in the toy box, I believe. They unlock the pumpkin bomb, the Halloweentown gate, and Jack and Sally skins for the little munchkin people things.

All right, when do the Kingdom Hearts sets come out...?
What, what do mean they're not coming?

Ah, oh well. Vanellope von Schweetz sounds interesting. I like the idea of making custom race tracks for Vanellope to race on, and all that. And sandbox-gaming is fun in general, so long as there is content relevant to my interests.

I may pick the game up on Steam if enough content is released that interests me personally. Sadly, I can't expect Disney to ever use their Kingdom Hearts IP. But Vanellope von Schweetz sounds interesting, and so does Lilo, and Stitch, and Merida, and Minnie Mouse, and Daisy Duck, and Yuna Kamihara, and Mulan, and Pepper Ann, and any of the Dalmatians, and Bambi, and Kilala, and Magica De Spell, and the Fairy Godmother, someone, anyone from Sofia the First, and....

And I'll be lucky if even a fraction of these characters ever make it into this sandbox.
All of the popular Disney characters seem to be the not interesting ones.

Ah well, I have much less interesting games on my Steam account. It couldn't hurt.

At this point, I'd rather the good Disney characters stay away for awhile. I want them with actual playsets and I want an overhauled system so it all works together. I'm buying this stuff with the future in mind. I'm hoping I'm not just throwing money away right now.

All right, when do the Kingdom Hearts sets come out...?
What, what do mean they're not coming?

Ah, oh well. Vanellope von Schweetz sounds interesting. I like the idea of making custom race tracks for Vanellope to race on, and all that. And sandbox-gaming is fun in general, so long as there is content relevant to my interests.

I may pick the game up on Steam if enough content is released that interests me personally. Sadly, I can't expect Disney to ever use their Kingdom Hearts IP. But Vanellope von Schweetz sounds interesting, and so does Lilo, and Stitch, and Merida, and Minnie Mouse, and Daisy Duck, and Yuna Kamihara, and Mulan, and Pepper Ann, and any of the Dalmatians, and Bambi, and Kilala, and Magica De Spell, and the Fairy Godmother, someone, anyone from Sofia the First, and....

And I'll be lucky if even a fraction of these characters ever make it into this sandbox.
All of the popular Disney characters seem to be the not interesting ones.

Ah well, I have much less interesting games on my Steam account. It couldn't hurt.
Give me Mulan, Maleficent and Flynn Rider to go with Rapunzel
then they can call it a day for a while.

The game is definitely worth it. Picked up the last Jack Skellington at the nearest Gamestop yesterday. Phew. Out of all the places to have a figure exclusive.

eggwolio

I know there's been much complaining about the blind packs, but I had an awesome experience today that I wouldn't have had if they were released any other way. I've had my set almost complete for weeks, only missing two discs. I struck out at toys r us yesterday, I mean, I got the new exclusive, but the other disc in the pack as well as the second pack of discs I bought were all dupes. I kinda made peace that buying packs was senseless and I would just stumble onto my other two somewhere down the line in a trade or something. But then, today at work(GameStop), we got one single pack of discs in our shipment. For whatever reason, we weren't sent a box of them or even a handful of them, but just one solitary disc pack. I hemmed and hawed about it, did the math in my head, and just couldn't justify buying it. We sell them for $5.99. Even with my discount, it was more expensive than other stores. I remembered I had a $5 coupon, and some store credit, and I gave in. Eighty four cents later, and I miraculously had not one of, but both of the discs I was missing. Oh man. The feels. They were good.

eggwolio

The problem with the collectors versions of Jack was a problem with the manufacturer. The figure was too tall for the case and had to be modified to fit. Stores may still get some stock next week, but it's hard to get an answer from corporate about it because no one seems to know what's happening with it. My advice is to call the corporate customer service and see if there's anything they can do for you. Stores were instructed to hold them back and not sell to anyone without a preorder until further notice, but it's hard to say how many managers actually followed through on that policy.

eggwolio

I think it's safe to say at this point that due to the small shipments and manufacturing problems, Jack in the collector case is probably going to be the hardest toy to find. It's impossible to know the availability of future waves, but at least for now this is looking to be even more scarce than sorcerer mickey.

RobbieNick

Well this thread certainly died.

Anyhoo, got the new Toy Story in Space playset with Buzz and Jessie (already have Woody). I'm only about 3 hours in buuuut..it's kinda dull. In fact, it may be the most dull of the playsets. Surpassing CARS.

The jist of the game is that your on a distant planet helping out the little alien dudes from the previous movies build a little city on their planet. You go around doing tasks for the little guys and building new buildings including one that changes their look of course. There's also a combat simulator that has more action in it than the rest of the game. It's picking up a little bit. I just finished following Hamm to a volcano. There's some of that shrink and glow goo around which makes for some interesting puzzles. I just hope Emporere Zurg invades because so far, it's boring.

I say buy the playset if you want the figures and the extra unlockables for your toybox, but as a $35 game?......Pass.

Is it me or does this game have zero push. I see a Skylanders commercial every 5 minutes. I dont know what the sales are but this game seems to have flattened out. My kids dont even play it, they dont seem to like the toybox mode.

Fewr

Well this thread certainly died.

Anyhoo, got the new Toy Story in Space playset with Buzz and Jessie (already have Woody). I'm only about 3 hours in buuuut..it's kinda dull. In fact, it may be the most dull of the playsets. Surpassing CARS.

The jist of the game is that your on a distant planet helping out the little alien dudes from the previous movies build a little city on their planet. You go around doing tasks for the little guys and building new buildings including one that changes their look of course. There's also a combat simulator that has more action in it than the rest of the game. It's picking up a little bit. I just finished following Hamm to a volcano. There's some of that shrink and glow goo around which makes for some interesting puzzles. I just hope Emporere Zurg invades because so far, it's boring.

I say buy the playset if you want the figures and the extra unlockables for your toybox, but as a $35 game?......Pass.
Thanks. I think I'll pass.

I really thought the playsets would be much more fun than they actually are. I'm very disappointed, and hope they fix the whole game for the sequel.

Thanks. I think I'll pass.

I really thought the playsets would be much more fun than they actually are. I'm very disappointed, and hope they fix the whole game for the sequel.

Yeah, it's super disappointing how this game turned out. Saw it recently passed the million mark but at this point I'm keeping up to date with the figures and disks entirely for the next game hoping it's better.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Considering it cost over $100 million to create the franchise, it'll be tough for even Disney to recoop the losses.

Every new TRU commercial prominently features their huge wall of Skylanders Swap Force items. Heck, Skylanders is the leader on this year's Hot Toys List, relegating Disney Infinity to "hey these exists too" rank!

I love the figures, but the game really needed more substance. Kids get super bored when they can't instantly swap to another character.

RobbieNick

Considering it cost over $100 million to create the franchise, it'll be tough for even Disney to recoop the losses.

Every new TRU commercial prominently features their huge wall of Skylanders Swap Force items. Heck, Skylanders is the leader on this year's Hot Toys List, relegating Disney Infinity to "hey these exists too" rank!

I love the figures, but the game really needed more substance. Kids get super bored when they can't instantly swap to another character.

Skylanders kicks this things ass. Popular characters and a LBP like level maker are not enough to make a great game.

I'm going back to Skylanders and I doubt I'll buy the sequel to Infinity next year.

DJ_Lae

Even I got kind of bored for similar reasons. There's something really satisfying about the way swapping characters is handled in Skylanders.

There's also little to no reason to actually switch characters in Infinity, which doesn't help. My daughter, who is 3, doesn't really care much about Disney Infinity any more because she gets the biggest kick out of playing with different characters and physically pulling them on and off. She's not particularly graceful, either, so having to carefully set an Infinity character into its circle she finds more annoying than anything.

I'm hoping the next game is better. I mean, I love the look and feel of the figures, they're remarkably solid compared to Skylanders.

Yeah, that is exactly my problem with DI: the playsets are mostly dull and the swap capabilities are very limited. As I already mentioned, there is no sense of progress in the playsets, either leveling characters (which does not gain any new attribute) or actually following a story. Since you can only swap characters from that playset, this interaction is limited (Lone Ranger has only 2 characters...) plus childs do not want those rules, they want to be able to play any toy at any time. There is no penalties in the game as well, if your character dies it just falls apart and remounts itself (in Skylanders you cannot use the character for that level anymore, it needs to rest).

The lack of a proper story or campaign that involves all characters are a major letdown. I understand that Disney is always afraid of mixing up its worlds, but this kind of game needs this. They try to substitute it with the toybox mode, but most people do not have the time and dedication to make games, plust the tools are quite limited (you cannot make a proper game just sandbox experiences).

The figures are great, the characters are great, Disney is usually a gold mine of licensing, but somehow they failed with this game. I really hope they change the concept for next years game. Right now, I am having more fun with skylanders...

FYC

Banned
I have to agree.

Also, I really hate grinding to unlock shit from the vault. If we get a sequel, I hope they just give you all the tools from the get go.

Top Bottom