• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney is looking to acquire DC Comics movies rights & have them join Marvel Studios

sol_bad

I'm not even sure what Disney is ruining. The only thing that people whinge about is Star Wars. Nothing else.

Lone Wolf

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Apple take a shot on this. Would make them instantly relevant with the Apple TV programming.

bitbydeath

No, thank you. At least the DC movies fee different unlike the MCU movies.
Nah, DC movies are the worst. Even Brightburn was a more interesting Superhero story than most of what DC have done of late.

Batman even contemplating going up against Superman is just outright dumb and should never have been made into a movie.

Shazam is their best movie to date, largely carried by Zach’s charisma. They need more of that over the stale Batman and Superman formula even though it felt more like an MCU movie than a typical repetitive DC one.

Nah, DC movies are the worst. Even Brightburn was a more interesting Superhero story than most of what DC have done of late.

Batman even contemplating going up against Superman is just outright dumb and should never have been made into a movie.

Shazam is their best movie to date, largely carried by Zach’s charisma. They need more of that over the stale Batman and Superman formula even though it felt more like an MCU movie than a typical repetitive DC one.
I think Batman Begins and TDK is better than any MCU movie. Zack Snyder’s JL was also very good. There’s Joker. MCU movies are just boring.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Hypothetically speaking, will anyone have the balls to forcefully dregulate Disney if they end up controlling nearly all entertainment media? The purveyors of supercapitalism rarely have a comment or solution for extensive monopolies. I find them to be the death of quality and art. They become obsessed with policy, branding, and the safe profitable choices.

TonyK

I wish, but it's difficult to believe. I prefer Marvel movies 10 times more than DC movies, but I prefer DC comics and characters, so it's the movie division of DC who is fucking up there.

Diddy X

Warner has pulled some top tier movies and some bad ones, the run was worth it for me, now Marvel within all their "success" pulls mostly garbage and too big to fail movies like the Avengers.

Once in Disney hands you won't escape the "make movies to sell toys" mindset, it happened to Marvel and Star Wars aswell, they are not focused on quality so we couldn't see another Joker or ZSJL again.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Warner has pulled some top tier movies and some bad ones, the run was worth it for me, now Marvel within all their "success" pulls mostly garbage and too big to fail movies like the Avengers.

Once in Disney hands you won't escape the "make movies to sell toys" mindset, it happened to Marvel and Star Wars aswell, they are not focused on quality so we couldn't see another Joker or ZSJL again.

The MCU is quality, you just don't like the movies. You're in the minority and that's OK.

Javthusiast

Banned
Both DC comics and Marvel comics have been hot sjw trash for years. I don't give a single fuck anymore what happens to both.

Still would suck for Disney to own everything.

Top Bottom