• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney-Pixar developing a Mickey Mouse/Roger Rabbit team up film??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/13/mickey-mouseroger-rabbit-movie-picks-up-steam

mickey-and-roger-rabbit-stooge.jpg
It was previously reported that Roger Rabbit producer Gary K. Wolf is currently working on an animated remake of The Stooge for Pixar, with Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit in the starring roles.

New Mickey Mouse Animated Shorts Announced

Now, AICN has revealed a piece of pre-production art for the project and an update from the artist Douglas Sirois: "The Stooge has a treatment and we have a few writers brainstorming. We are developing more concept art. We have two directors interested and are actively looking for a Disney producer to take it to the next level. It is a great concept and a ton of fun developing. We also have been working with Gary K. Wolf on some Roger Rabbit short animation concepts that will also grab more attention and celebrate the 25th anniversary of the character this year!"

As Wolf noted on his blog last month (via Geek Tyrant), his script is indeed based on the classic Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movie of the same name. Additionally, "the film incorporates five specific locations from the Disneyland park [and] the Toon Train, an exciting and interesting way to travel through Toontown."

The Stooge also features real-life people, Walt Disney co-stars and an appearance from Orson Welles.

The only reason Disney had to stop Roger Rabbit shorts is because Spielberg threw a hissy fit and became an asshole. They should bring back Zemeckis to direct another one I want to know to if hes still got it as a director.

qindarka

Banned
When was the last time Mickey Mouse was in an actual animated feature film? Or hell, cartoon, period?

Mickey and the Beanstalk segment of Fun and Fancy Free back in 1947. He hasn't really been used in feature films.

Well,there was that DTV Musketeer film as well, I guess.

They must have taken it down then. It was awhile ago but it was definitely Disneyworld. They also had a Honey I Shrunk the Kids area too.

Well they used to have a "Toontown fair" that they redid into Dumbo's Circus recently but it really just toon town in name only and had zero to do with the Roger Rabbit film. The one in Disneyland is based off the real toon town from the movie.

pants

Eh, not sure if I want Mickey Mouse in here, RR and MM do very different kind of films.

Lol @ Mickey cheese dick

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A sequel to my favorite movie of all time? Oh god...
First the Blu-ray now this.
and a new Muppets movie
and a Shadowrun isometric rpg

tumblr_mj77hvR8xE1r0gp54o3_250.gif

Ridley327

Judge Doom should frighten young children. Hell, he still creeps me out as an adult.

Those eyes...

REMEMBER ME, EDDIE? WHEN I KILLED YOUR BROTHER? I TALKED

JUST

THIS!!!

Really? I dont recall him in who framed RR

He has two scenes in the film; the first is when Eddie goes to Toontown and falls from the building, and Mickey just so happens to be parachuting with Bugs at the time and advises Eddie to not take Bugs' "spare," and the second is during the ending with all the toons showing up for the will reading.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Has no WB been confirmed? I was hoping Lego Marvel Super Heroes was going to be the start of something big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom