• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney-Pixar developing a Mickey Mouse/Roger Rabbit team up film??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two favorite Disney characters teaming up in an animated feature film? THIS IT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

2807497913_69795c3aa1_z.jpg

pants

Yeah I dont remember any of those mickey shots, even when you guys pointed it out. Time hasnt been kind to my memory

Joni

They're missing the point. The best cameo moments were Daffy versus Donald, and Bugs being an ass to Mickey. Mickey himself wasn't a good point. They should try to get Warner on board. (It will also help with the international appeal of the movie, Mickey Mouse doesn't work as well abroad as he does in the US. Donald is bigger here.)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The film hasn't even been confirmed. Believe that it is just being proposed.

It's not even in development at Disney. These are all outsiders trying to pitch Disney a movie. There's a technical director at Disney who's interested in directing it, outside of him, everyone actually involved in this pitch works outside the studio and haven't been contracted to do anything.

Seems like a longshot to me. Frankly, I'm not sure Disney as a company is going to be big on taking an outside pitch as a major feature animation project.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of my favourite movies ever, cant wait if this movie is finally greenlighted. Lets hope.

His scenes in the film are pretty well known and he was in several group shots...
mickey-mouse-bugs-bunny-102.jpg

roger-rabbit-toons.jpg

mickey-mouse-bugs-bunny-116.jpg

Fun fact (that im sure most people that love the movie will know bu now), Mickey and Bugs had to appear exactly in the same number of frames, so if one entered a frame before (a feet for example like in the ending), the other character would dissapear a frame after the other had completly dissapeared. Thats why Bugs and Mickey appear exactly in the same scenes.
Same with Daffy and Donald.

No WB involvement = GAGF Disney. Roger Rabbit's toons were more Looney than cutesy.

I dont really know what GAGF is but this is funny becuase even if Steven Spielberg was the producer, the majority of talent that made this film were from Disney. And the shorts were made by Disney. And Roger, Jessica and Baby Herman are Disney property.
AAAAAND Donald's old shorts are usually more looney than the majority of Looney Tunes.

Even if this did happen I highly doubt Pixar would be the ones to make it.

Yeah, this seems about as likely as that Dr Strange Pixar movie rumour did. Well, actually a bit more likely, but still.

That said, I'd love if this happened, but bringing back Roger Rabbit after this long, for a "straight" role? Eh. I'd prefer if it was Mickey and Goofy, kinda.

do not want

seriously just make a live action with 2d animation roger rabbit sequel, is it such a difficult idea for the disney execs to get their head round?????

edit - and do it bloody quick while there might be any little outside chance of dragging bob hoskins out of retirement

Dali

tumblr_ljekarihq21qabj53o1_400.gif

I used to think it was weird seeing Daffy and Donald Duck in the same film.

Yeah its a wonder how they had so many iconic characters from different studios. Betty Boop, Dumbo, Donald, Daffy, Mickey, Minny, Donald, Goofy, Bugs, Sylvester, Tweety, Woody Woodpecker, Felix the cat... it's crazy how big of a crossover that movie is. Seriously how did this awesomeness happen? How the hell did Zemeckis get permission to use all those characters?

Do adults or kids even care about Roger Rabbit?

Adults? I dunno, do adults still care about Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, or The Goonies?

Kids? Well, I'd wager most kids don't know who Roger Rabbit is, but I guess they would if they'd made something with him in it over the past 20 years.

Tedesco!

Adults? I dunno, do adults still care about Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, or The Goonies?

Kids? Well, I'd wager most kids don't know who Roger Rabbit is, but I guess they would if they'd made something with him in it over the past 20 years.

My 3-year old now knows who Roger Rabbit is thanks to the blu-ray.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That looks like fan art (Would Disney really use a stock Photoshop texture effect?)

It basically is fan art. It's a pitch being developed entirely outside of Disney.

I wish people investigated stories more before reporting and/or posting them. Too many false assumptions and dropped details in order to grab the flashy headline. Fucking Internet media.

mclem

They must have taken it down then. It was awhile ago but it was definitely Disneyworld. They also had a Honey I Shrunk the Kids area too.

Disneyland had Toontown. Disneyworld had Mickey's Toontown Fair. I think that's been subsumed into the new Fantasyland now, though. The HISTA Movie Set Adventure is in Disney Studios.

WFRR is one of my favorite movies from childhood, so I'll watch. Just Disney I don't know. Plus I'd preferred it if it wasn't cgi, but that's out.
It wouldn't be CGI. The animated characters would be 2D hand-drawn.

It basically is fan art. It's a pitch being developed entirely outside of Disney.

I wish people investigated stories more before reporting and/or posting them. Too many false assumptions and dropped details in order to grab the flashy headline. Fucking Internet media.
To be fair, though, the guy who made it and is pitching it is the same guy who wrote the first Roger Rabbit books. So it's not just some dude off the street pitching a Mickey/Roger movie to Disney.

Do an Oswald film.

He'll be in the new Mickey Mouse shorts Disney is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom