• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney's 'Frozen' headed to Broadway

Status
Not open for further replies.

massoluk

Banned
My only complaint about the film is that they forgot to write songs for the second half, I guess I'll agree to that.

The Lamp

^ I agree with that. I wish they had written a cool song at the end during the plot resolution to kind of seal everything. Would have been nice for either a new song or a final reprise of For the First Time in Forever.

Is it actually good or just your standard CGI kids movie?

It's awesome. Go watch it.

Darksol

I pretty much hated every song in that movie except for Josh Gad's idea of what summer would be like. I would probably pass on this.

Singing aside, I enjoyed the movie. Not sure how they'd go about adapting it for the stage though.

Xun

I can't say I'm surprised.

Yes please, in the states.

Touch Maelstrom though and I'll be pissed.
Indeed.

I'm not sure what I'd do if Maelstrom was ever destroyed, which I think is sadly inevitable at this point.

Epcot of old is already pretty much dead, but that would be the final nail in the coffin for what was once a unique park.

kirblar

I have to say the movie felt like an extremely elaborate storyboard for the musical. Not saying I didn't enjoy it, but everything was tuned for Broadway. I never got that feeling with Lion King.
The songwriters' resume is Book of Mormon and Avenue Q , the Broadway thing wasn't surprising. The songs were infinitely better than Tangled's forgettable ones, and they got 4 strong songs out of the bunch. (Do You Want To Build a Snowman? First Time in Forever, Let it Go, and In Summer.)

kirblar

The villain is shoehorned in because the movie was rewritten at some point when Disney realized it was a little too standard and "old school", but it's funny and has great songs
It actually works as a
modern cautionary tale about boys/dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom