• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy |OT| - better than your fanfiction

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Picked up my copy along with the Cloud DLC. Now for the long ass data install.

This was reported at being an hour long. If you could please let us know how long so I can add the time to the OP.

xion4360

Question. Is it safe to delete the Dissidia 1 and Prologus save game/Data once you import? will imported levels ect remain once you have saved the game

Urban Scholar said:
This was reported at being an hour long. If you could please let us know how long so I can add the time to the OP.

Will do. I'm about to start installing it now.

xion4360 said:
Question. Is it safe to delete the Dissidia 1 and Prologus save game/Data once you import? will imported levels ect remain once you have saved the game
I'm pretty sure the imported data is tied to 012's savedata after importing.

I'd keep a backup of the Dissidia 1 save on a PC/USB stick just in case you ever have to format your Memory stick and/or have your savedata erased so that you can easily get your DFF1 progress back.

I'd keep a backup of the Dissidia 1 save on a PC/USB stick just in case you ever have to format your Memory stick and/or have your savedata erased so that you can easily get your DFF1 progress back.

Listen to this man! I lost my save for not doing the same

xion4360

Will do. I'm about to start installing it now.

I'm pretty sure the imported data is tied to 012's savedata after importing.

Thanks but I no longer have DFF1 thats why I asked if its safe to delete that. =)

I recall someone asking earlier in the thread if there's any Data Install easter eggs similar to one in the first game:

- Repeatedly pressing Square randomly sends Cyan across the screen.
- Pressing R repeatedly has Kefka pop up for a few seconds
- Pressing Square makes Terra, Biggs and Wedge jump. Repeatedly pressing it makes Edgar and Sabin fall from the top of the screen.

Edit: Also, It seems a voucher code for Lighning's Aya costume is going to be packed in with The 3rd Birthday in the US. Warrior of Light's DLC costume is also being offered as a free PSN download next week:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/2...inal-fantasys-dlc-schedule-for-north-america/

daffy

Banned
Edit: Also, It seems a voucher code for Lighning's Aya costume is going to be packed in with The 3rd Birthday in the US.
I guess if you buy the 3rd Birthday PSN version you no get this?

Ace_235 said:
Lol In the beginning
I told the moogle I was a master at the game and he taught me a lesson.
If I wasn't stuck with lame ass Lightning that Moogle would be eating its own words.

The End

ChronicleX said:
If I wasn't stuck with lame ass Lightning that Moogle would be eating its own words.

Lightning does kind of suck. Really didn't enjoy having to win 4 matches in a row with her in prologus.

The End

MooMoo said:
I couldn't find it...only saw Prologus.

boo!

it's up on the blog, but not on the store!

boo grace

boooooo

Also, Lightning is just way too finicky for my tastes, it seems to be successful with her you need to play keep away with the ravager abilities until you can brave break, then do massive damage with commando. I prefer the more direct characters, I guess.

The End said:
Also, Lightning is just way too finicky for my tastes, it seems to be successful with her you need to play keep away with the ravager abilities until you can brave break, then do massive damage with commando.

Makes sense, considering that it pretty much mirrors staggering in FFXIII.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Are there any official wallpapers for this game? I remember having a great one for the original on my desktop.

The End said:
boo!

it's up on the blog, but not on the store!

boo grace

boooooo

Also, Lightning is just way too finicky for my tastes, it seems to be successful with her you need to play keep away with the ravager abilities until you can brave break, then do massive damage with commando. I prefer the more direct characters, I guess.
she hasn't posted the psn update blog yet...

Just finished installing the game. Took about 90 minutes in all. (Jeez...)

Information has been added. I wish there was official wallpaper for this like the first but outside of what I found for the OP I don't think there is any. The art direction for Dissidia works really well.

While I hate Lightning as a character, she's actually quite a versatile. She can either play keep away with Ravager (or Ruinaga) and her Commando is pretty damn quick, nearly as quickly as Onion Knight.

Okay so what is the actual order I should be doing things?

I first downloaded the Cloud DLC

Then I put in the game and am now doing the Data Install

After that, am I supposed to start a new game or transfer the Prologus info? And then the original game data?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
robotzombie said:
Okay so what is the actual order I should be doing things?

I first downloaded the Cloud DLC

Then I put in the game and am now doing the Data Install

After that, am I supposed to start a new game or transfer the Prologus info? And then the original game data?

yup, just like you said and the DLC will read automatically. You don't have to do anything special there.

Fucking LOL at this game already. That battle you get when you answer "I am experienced": Hilarious. And then three seconds into the story mode... Vann starts standing there with his hands of his head like an idiot. LOL jeesh this game, can't take itself seriously for five minutes after popping in the disc.

Man transfering over your levels with your previous characters is a bummer since you can't keep any of your equipment. It makes you useless at the level of your character since you don't have any Equipment to fight against others at that level. Oh well, I guess it could break the game if you got to keep everything. So I guess you gotta play the game a lot with the new or other characters until you start earning equipment that you can use.

.... Oh and BEST DATA INSTALL EVER. Freaking great! I have to go pick up groceries for dinner, or else I would just sit there and listen to it for an hour and watch the mechs go by.

MooMoo

Reluctant-Hero said:
So 2.0 gigs once you roll out a full install, right?
I thought any PSN downloads count as full downloads already? So it would just be a flat 1.17GB plus save file size. I might be wrong though, I'm new to having a PSP...

edit: Looks like I was right! Debating if I should buy this now or later though.

Auron_Kale said:
You don't need to install if you plan on getting the game off PSN.
I thought PSN uploads of UMDs were just straight ISO rips? Therefore the PSP treats it as a UMD and play it's like a UMD wherein your benefits are faster loading and less battery use, right?

So install data that's crompressed into the UMD ISI rip will increase load times even further?

If I'm wrong, then there is no need to every use the data install feature for any games that have it and were bought on PSN, right?

Reluctant-Hero said:
I thought PSN uploads of UMDs were just straight ISO rips? Therefore the PSP treats it as a UMD and play it's like a UMD wherein your benefits are faster loading and less battery use, right?
So install data that's crompressed into the UMD ISI rip will increase load times even further?
If I'm wrong, then there is no need to every use the data install feature for any games that have it and were bought on PSN, right?
Data Install will do nothing for PSN games if the option is still there. The data on a UMD is not compressed (if it was, the loadtimes would be even longer).

ChronicleX said:
Data Install will do nothing for PSN games if the option is still there. The data on a UMD is not compressed (if it was, the loadtimes would be even longer).
Ok, so the data install is purely beneficial for UMDs only. Got it. Guess it's time to delete the nearly figs worth of install data on my memory stick!

Also, there's no way to register your PSN games with the S-E member site, right?

Tellaerin

I remember people talking about the hideously long install times in Dissidia, and it didn't seem that long to me. I'm going to see how long it takes to install on my 3000 - I'm starting the install now.

Tellaerin said:
I remember people talking about the hideously long install times in Dissidia, and it didn't seem that long to me. I'm going to see how long it takes to install on my 3000 - I'm starting the install now.
i started at 5:42. and it's 6:01 and 80% done? (Psp-3000)

EDIT: finished at 6:11.

Im_Special

Reluctant-Hero said:

Not necessarily, some games are coded to work differently with Data Install being installed (I'm looking at you Monster Hunter), though I haven't tested this yet with 012 it still is possible to reduce load times, the game is no doubt heavily compressed and encrypted so that data install could be a portion of the game that isn't.

If anyone can test this with and without the Data Install and note the load times for the PSN version, that would be great as I'd have to delete something to make room for this install, and I don't really want to as I play those other games regularly.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
DMPrince said:
i started at 5:42. and it's 6:01 and 80% done? (Psp-3000)

EDIT: finished at 6:11.

Damn mines been running for over an hour and still is not done... are you sure you did full install?

Adam Prime said:
Damn mines been running for over an hour and still is not done... are you sure you did full install?
the 800+mb one.

I have a 8GB Sony Memory Stick Prod Duo MagicGate Mark2 if that helps.

Top Bottom