• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia 012 Limited Edition OST Pictures

Pooya

Ishimoto just posted these.
http://twitter.com/ishimoto_t

Standard:
2373960675nli.jpg

2373962101nsj.jpg

Limited: front and back
237391047tup4.jpg

237391538hne6.jpg

limited edition comes with a bonus PV DVD.
captureectg.jpg

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/dissidia/012/
samples and track list on the official site.

Cloud, Teedus, and Terra on the villain's side. Interesting, though I understand it with Terra if they're referencing the beginning of FFVI.

duckroll

RadioHeadAche said:
Cloud, Teedus, and Terra on the villain's side. Interesting, though I understand it with Terra if they're referencing the beginning of FFVI.

Tidus is the only one who doesn't really make sense in terms of continuity. Since this game is a "prequel", Cloud makes sense since he was part of Shinra before FFVII, and Tina makes sense because she was slave-crowned before FFVI. It'll be funnier if Tidus turned out to be Shyuin. :p

Limited Edition extras are not particularly impressive. The original Dissidia's OST looks better. I love what I've heard of Duodecim's OST so far though, so I'll probably pick this up anyway.

Big One

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
Who? That's a very enticing ost nonetheless.
Shuyin is basically the REAL Tidus.

He doesn't have a Shuyin alt in the game, though. No need to fear, however, apparently all characters will be getting a DLC alt in the long run.

Big One said:
Shuyin is basically the REAL Tidus.

He doesn't have a Shuyin alt in the game, though. No need to fear, however, apparently all characters will be getting a DLC alt in the long run.

squall211 said:
Main antagonist of FFX-2.

I see, well as long I don't have to go down the rabbit hole of plot reading via wikipedia for reference that's fine.

GhaleonQ

Ninja Kn1ght said:
The original Dissidia's OST looks better. I love what I've heard of Duodecim's OST so far though, so I'll probably pick this up anyway.

I'm not criticizing you, but what did you think of the original (so I can judge it when it comes)? I thought it was awful, especially given the multitude of great remixes and rearrangements for the series. I'm not excited for this at all because of it.

Bebpo

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
I'm not criticizing you, but what did you think of the original (so I can judge it when it comes)? I thought it was awful, especially given the multitude of great remixes and rearrangements for the series. I'm not excited for this at all because of it.

I mainly agree with you. The original Dissidia ost had nice packaging but the ost was really boring. Especially compared to Ishimoto's excellent work on Crisis Core & TWEWY. The mixes felt too safe (or too bad) and too close to the originals.

But, the Dissidia 012 ost is a whole different story that speaks for itself from the 012 prologus demo & the website tracklist samples. The remixes in 012 seem really awesome. FFIV's battle, FF1 arrange, FFV's final boss, Jenova, etc... are all very cool. I was going to pass on the 012 ost because yeah, the original ost was a letdown and not worth the import price, but the music they've shown from 012 is good enough to get me on board again and I'll be picking up the ost again this time.

I get the feeling that the first Dissidia was essentially a test run game. Throw an idea out and see if it catches on. 012 seems bigger and better in every aspect and more like what Dissidia should have been.

Aru

Bebpo said:
I mainly agree with you. The original Dissidia ost had nice packaging but the ost was really boring. Especially compared to Ishimoto's excellent work on Crisis Core & TWEWY. The mixes felt too safe (or too bad) and too close to the originals.

But, the Dissidia 012 ost is a whole different story that speaks for itself from the 012 prologus demo & the website tracklist samples. The remixes in 012 seem really awesome. FFIV's battle, FF1 arrange, FFV's final boss, Jenova, etc... are all very cool. I was going to pass on the 012 ost because yeah, the original ost was a letdown and not worth the import price, but the music they've shown from 012 is good enough to get me on board again and I'll be picking up the ost again this time.

I get the feeling that the first Dissidia was essentially a test run game. Throw an idea out and see if it catches on. 012 seems bigger and better in every aspect and more like what Dissidia should have been.

Really ? I thought the first OST was awesome and I even bought the limited edition.

duckroll said:
Tidus is the only one who doesn't really make sense in terms of continuity. Since this game is a "prequel", Cloud makes sense since he was part of Shinra before FFVII, and Tina makes sense because she was slave-crowned before FFVI. It'll be funnier if Tidus turned out to be Shyuin. :p

I couldn't remember his name, but I was thinking that. Also I sometimes forget the whole "evil Shinra corporation" when Cloud and Zack are the heroes.

Top Bottom