• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade pre-location test live stream

dissidia-final-fantasy-evidenza.jpg

from: http://gematsu.com/2015/04/dissidia...re-location-test-live-stream-set-for-tomorrow

Square Enix will host a Dissidia Final Fantasy live stream tomorrow just ahead of the arcade fighter’s location testing in Akihabara, Sendai, and Nagoya.

The “Spring Festival Special” broadcast will include gameplay, as well as an overview of the location test characters’ skills and abilities.

You’ll be able to watch it live via YouTube or Niconico tomorrow, April 13, at 20:00 Japan time (4:00 a.m. PT / 7:00 a.m. ET).

STREAM VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koWnfzN9RoU

SPECIAL TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebSK-MiGL0

GAMEPLAY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZeXgZePvYQ

COMPARISON VIDEO:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxMyrXIN5c

Arcade interface details

20150410_041736.png

from: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/10/dissidia-final-fantasy-details-arcade-gameplay/

Dissidia Final Fantasy Y'shtola (FFXIV) Trailer
from:http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/04/heres-a-look-at-yshtola-in-the-new-dissidia-final-fantasy/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEFwDX6xDWw

What’s New In Dissidia Final Fantasy For Arcade

The new 3-on-3 battle system brings a new cooperative aspect to the Dissidia series. This concept came from the idea of how Final Fantasy games are about fighting in groups or parties.

“EX Skills” are abilities that will allow you to help out buddies with with different effects or for debuffing enemies. Characters will have their own unique EX Skills, for example, Cloud will have access to his “Limit Break”.

The new Summoning system is considered to be a “super special” that comes from the bond between allies, and it calls out a Summoned Beast as a fourth ally to the party.

As a way for players to save data on arcades, players will be able to do so through the “Nesica” cards. Those who take part of the upcoming Location Tests will also get a special little something for when the game officially launches.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/1...dia-final-fantasy-arcade/#UqJD6MTRR0EgcQPm.99

VariantX

Guess it might be too much to expect the stream be at least 720p? Not sure if 60 fps is possible for Nico Nico yet.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
They're already showcasing potential PS4 footage? Heh, wow.

Anyway, it looks glorious. I'm not a fighting gamer so I'm in it for all the glory of a bunch of characters from my favorite video game franchise duking it out on the big(ger) screen. So far so glorious.

They're already showcasing potential PS4 footage? Heh, wow.

Anyway, it looks glorious. I'm not a fighting gamer so I'm in it for all the glory of a bunch of characters from my favorite video game franchise duking it out on the big(ger) screen. So far so glorious.

Yeah, it looks pretty good. Midgar looks fun too.

Anyway, I don't think that's specifically the version from PS4 we'll get, it seems to be more of a "arcade game running on PS4" than anything else. Even the UI is the same.

Either way, with the amount of crazy stuff happening, I'll be really impressed if it maintains 60fps with those graphics.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Ahh, right on. That makes more sense.

Still, interesting that they'd illustrate even that so early on. And yes, Midgar looks great. Also, I saw the location from the E3 reveal demo of FFXIII, or at least that's what it looked like.

Wagram

My friends are going to eat this up when it comes out on PS4. I swear each of them put about 1,000 hours into the first two Dissidias.

Neff

Arcade version does look much better, not only technically, which is to be expected, but artistically as well for some reason. The lighting, reflections and blur are a lot more sophisticated. That end shot in the comparison trailer where Lightning sheaths her Gunblade... the arcade version blows the PS4 one away.

Still, I'm sure the PS4 version will be no slouch by the time it's finished, and it's bound to have tons and tons of extra content. And the connection quality icon is a nice touch.

Ahh, right on. That makes more sense.

Still, interesting that they'd illustrate even that so early on. And yes, Midgar looks great. Also, I saw the location from the E3 reveal demo of FFXIII, or at least that's what it looked like.

Yeah, it looks very FFXIII-ish that place. Although I'm not sure where that's from =X (probably the beginning of the game).

Also interesting to see that most characters are the same as previous games, except for Onion Knight, who can apparently change his job at will (the shuriken attack was pretty cool).

Hopefully that's not everything they'd be showing on the stream =X

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Yeah, it looks very FFXIII-ish that place. Although I'm not sure where that's from =X (probably the beginning of the game).

Also interesting to see that most characters are the same as previous games, except for Onion Knight, who can apparently change his job at will (the shuriken attack was pretty cool).

Hopefully that's not everything they'd be showing on the stream =X

that's Eden.

OMG I've seen Eden (XIII) there, I'm hyped!

Speaking of which, it looks like the PS4 sports a different visual style more than a downgrade.

Ohhh, it's Eden. That's what it was!

And yeah, I assume they have to go for a different look on the PS4 to be able to run the game better =X

Either way, as I said, it's probably not the version we'll be getting.

that's Eden.

Yes, thanks for reminding me you two. I was thinking Hanging Edge or something like that =P

Edit: they also opened a forum (in Japanese) http://special.member.jp.square-enix.com/dff/forum/index

jiggle

Why they have ps4 screens already if they are not even gonna start thinking about porting until a year after release lol

Arcade seems better lit
Or at least it's brighter

Flarin

Glad they acknowledged a PS4 version. The UI is fucking horrendous though. Takes up like 3/4 of the screen.

Neff

Why they have ps4 screens already if they are not even gonna start thinking about porting until a year after release lol

The arcade game will have exclusivity for a year. They've already begun porting it now so they can have it ready for console release then.

CarJeter

Neo Member
another reason for me to buy a PS4.

although I like the overall look of the arcade version more, there is something to the PS4 vers. that sticks out (in a positive way).

Ray Down

Banned

Well I think it's because it's running of custom PS4 tech, so they made a comparison to show the custom tech look and the normal PS4 tech look.

Arcade version has better lighting but is super washed out...Hopefully the PS4 version when released is crisp but also has the more distinctive lighting and the better AA.

I actually like both versions of Cloud. The ps4 one makes him look more anime-ish which I prefer.
I think I prefer PS4 Cloud too, but I like arcade Terra better. A conundrum. (Not that I'll ever get to play the arcade, so I guess that doesn't matter much.)

Edit: v Onion Knight is looking pretty fierce in that jif.

Wazzy

Banned
I think I prefer PS4 Cloud too, but I like arcade Terra better. A conundrum. (Not that I'll ever get to play the arcade, so I guess that doesn't matter much.)

Yeah I also prefer the arcade design for Terra because it makes her look more confident.

Now they really need to let me see Squall's design.

Yeah I also prefer the arcade design for Terra because it makes her look more confident.

Now they really need to let me see Squall's design.
The difference in the two Terra's demeanor is pretty evident. And PS4 Terra has a weird looking neck. (Her hair looks greasy too.)

If Squall follow suit with Cloud, he'll look a bit sturdier in the console version, which I think it preferable. Strangely it looks like they slimmed down the girls and beefed up the guys in the PS4 port.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
...Why are there two different sets of models? I thought the arcades were pretty much a PS4-based system?

Ah whatever. I wonder if they kept the Esper form for Terra.
Y'shtola's ears seem weirdly placed.

Also, I wonder which location is gonna be used to represent XIV. Knowing Square we'll probably get something boring like La Noscean meadows... although every other game gets something endgame-looking.

Wazzy

Banned
The difference in the two Terra's demeanor is pretty evident. And PS4 Terra has a weird looking neck. (Her hair looks greasy too.)

If Squall follow suit with Cloud, he'll look a bit sturdier in the console version, which I think it preferable. Strangely it looks like they slimmed down the girls and beefed up the guys in the PS4 port.

I'm just hoping he's going to be VIII Squall. I know I'll be disappointed because they'll use his Dissidia design which I'm not a fan of. Every character get's their Amano designs while Squall only get's a hybrid up until 012 where it's an alt costume.

I'm just hoping he's going to be VIII Squall. I know I'll be disappointed because they'll use his Dissidia design which I'm not a fan of. Every character get's their Amano designs while Squall only get's a hybrid up until 012 where it's an alt costume.
Not into the hip sash? I like his classic look better too. (Though truly my favorite look for him is his Kingdom Hearts appearance, which is an odd thing to say when you think of how FF characters usually end up in that series. I also really love his original black t-shirt Amano concept.)

Wazzy

Banned
Not into the hip sash? I like his classic look better too. (Though truly my favorite look for him is his Kingdom Hearts appearance, which is an odd thing to say when you think of how FF characters usually end up in that series. I also really love his original black t-shirt Amano concept.)

That and I find they made him too scrawny. Squall is pretty beefy in the original(even more so in his Amano artwork) and it fit his design more.

Compared to this:

It makes him look like a kid. :(

KH Squall is great though I'm not a fan of the long hair. That design with his VIII haircut and I'd love it.

That and I find they made him too scrawny. Squall is pretty beefy in the original(even more so in his Amano artwork) and it fit his design more.

Compared to this:

It makes him look like a kid. :(

KH Squall is great though I'm not a fan of the long hair. That design with his VIII haircut and I'd love it.
I 100% agree. They seem to make the everyone thinner and thinner, and the weapons bigger and bigger. Not a fan of that trend.

Imagining FFVIII with the original Amano Squall~ (Again, strange for me to say because I am not an Amano fan typically.)

Top Bottom