• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (Arcades, Team Ninja) Closed Conference [All info in OP]

duckroll

I mean the older games. Why do you think its getting an arcade release with this iteration?

Because they decided to make an arcade game with the FF brand and Dissidia was a natural fit as an existing sub-branding? There's probably no other reason. It's not developed by the same team, it's not even developed internally at Square Enix. This is a brand new project.

I think you forgot that Team Ninja is now Team Ninja Dog. :p

I wouldn't touch another one of their action games after Metroid and NG3, but DOA5 is superior to DOA4 in every way. Better than 3 too imo.
They're a good choice for this, the only team I would choose over them is the Soul Calibur guys from Bamco.

raven777

CCN5pwJUMAARq04.jpg:orig

Because they decided to make an arcade game with the FF brand and Dissidia was a natural fit as an existing sub-branding? There's probably no other reason. It's not developed by the same team, it's not even developed internally at Square Enix. This is a brand new project.

Sorry, thats what I'm questioning. Pardon my ignorance but is there lots of money to be made on an arcade release?

Squire

Banned
I wonder if there will still be RPG elements. Or if it's now a pure fighter.

People are saying there's target lines in it, so unecesarry RPG shit confirmed.

I swear they're scared to make an FF spin-off that doesn't feature levels and stats.

duckroll

Sorry, thats what I'm questioning. Pardon my ignorance but is there lots of money to be made on an arcade release?

Yes. They sell these machines for hundreds of dollars each in bulk sets to every arcade all over Japan, and 3v3 means they sell 6 machines per set at major arcades with the space. Then after that, they continue to take a % cut of every single dollar that goes into these machines. Every day. A big brand like FF would be very profitable.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Team Ninja is hit or miss. On one hand DOA5 looks good and the fighting is fun, on the other DLC up the ass and subpar netcode. Hmmmm.

Percy

Banned
Wow, SE actually hired someone who knows what they're doing to make their fighting game. That's almost close to a sensible decision from them.

Great news, very interested in this now.

Yes. They sell these machines for hundreds of dollars each in bulk sets to every arcade all over Japan, and 3v3 means they sell 6 machines per set at major arcades with the space. Then after that, they continue to take a % cut of every single dollar that goes into these machines. Every day. A big brand like FF would be very profitable.

Thanks. I understand why they would do this split release now. Maximise the money coming from 1 game.

jiggle

Good
With team ninja
We better get some titillating costumes and loots
On cloud

They won't start porting until at least a year from now?
Surely they will, privately?

Selvaria

Whoa! I'm probably in the minority here, but Team Ninja developing this makes me even more excited for this game!

The game always looked like a FF skinned Extreme VS to me.

I mean the characters even glide like gundams.

Nope. The PSP games do not play like gvg at all.

Movement is different for one: gvg is much more flexible across the xyz axis, and boosting (and advance canceling) is governed by a stamina system. You have to touch the ground, and strategize your actions.

Old Dissidia... ignores that... probably to it's detriment.

Top Bottom