• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (Arcades, Team Ninja) Closed Conference [All info in OP]

raven777

CCN_g-RUAAEihcz.jpg

Jomjom

Banned
Oh, that makes sense. I guess I could see that.

I personally want to see more before drawing any conclusions.

Yeah I'm sure it won't be a carbon copy or anything. It would be smart to take some things from Extreme VS though as its a very popular 3D arena type fighter that lots of the arcade players would already be familiar with. Should allow people to pick Dissidia up faster and feel comfortable with it.

duckroll

The director is Takeo Kujiraoka. He was the battle director of Dissidia 012, and a battle planner on the first Dissidia. He says they're planning over 50 characters for the game (including time release updates), and additional costumes for characters as well.

SgtCobra

Team Ninja? Ewe. Count me out.
Can't be worse than what we got from Square Enix on PSP, these guys actually got more experience when it comes to making fighting games. Not that Dissidia was bad but from a gameplay perspective the game should at least be decent and not worse, don't expect KoF/SF levels of refinement.

Edit: 50 characters? Goddamn get hype.

Ray Down

Banned
The director is Takeo Kujiraoka. He was the battle director of Dissidia 012, and a battle planner on the first Dissidia. He says they're planning over 50 characters for the game (including time release updates), and additional costumes for characters as well.

Damn .

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

50 CHARACTERS?!!?!

Holy Smokes! That really gave me a good feeling that everyone from 012 is coming back for sure.

Golnei

50 characters is surprising, even assuming they're talking about the complete lifecycle of both arcade and console versions - I wasn't initially expecting even the whole 012 roster to return. I hope they don't price-gouge with the costume DLC too much, but that's likely a lost cause.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yunalesca
Zack
Ace/Rem/Machina/Queen
Rinoa
Celes
Auron
Noctis

Pls

Looks great, probably be a PS4 exclusive in Japan. Wonder if SE will publish to other platforms worldwide?

Should be fun though. Can't wait for a console version.

duckroll

They also confirmed in one of the slides that there will be ongoing updates to the arcade release aside from just characters. There'll also be new stages, new summons, new customization parts, new music, new gameplay systems, and balance tweaks. So basically, what everyone expects these days out of an AAA arcade release in Japan.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
So good to finally know this is coming to PS4. I read about one-year exclusive to arcades. Does this apply to the West market too or Japan Only?

Jomjom

Banned
So good to finally know this is coming to PS4. I read about one-year exclusive to arcades. Does this apply to the West market too or Japan Only?

The west doesn't have arcades. It'll come out after the Japanese release nonetheless.

OmegaDL50

I said this in the other thread but I feel it deserves being restated here.

If the game is getting released in Arcades first, then that improves the games chances at being competitively viable.

This means the diehard arcade enthusiasts will get thier hands on the game first and will break all of the mechanics down, the character balance and so forth. With Location tests if the information is given will result potential balance tweaks and revisions.

Ultimately this is a good thing because there are problems that crop up, the nature of a Fighting game with an Arcade release this day in age means updates can easily be rolled out and fixes and balance adjustments can be done accordingly.

This means that WHEN the Console version arrives it will be a potentially solid and well balanced game by then, rather then encountering unknowns with a console release first on day one.

duckroll

Yeah I'm expecting Summer release in arcades, late 2016 release on PS4. By then they'll probably have Dissidia MCMXIV coming out in arcades with brand new stuff which won't be in the home version.

BTW arcade controller also has a touchpad used for controls so likely to be PS4 exclusive upon console porting..

The touchpad is only used for selecting pre-recorded voice commands before a battle starts so players can communicate remotely. A home version would have voice chat instead.

LAA

Wow 50+ characters?!
I'm hoping Noctis will be a character...I would think it's likely at least.

Very excited to hear a Nomura interview is on the way too! Haven't heard much from him for a while. Definitely eager for any news KH3 wise. I would be interested to know more on things FFXV wise with him, but he probably wouldn't say and it's probably more a question for Tabata. Just curious to know how much FFXV has changed since Tabata took over.

Soriku

So is it coming out this year in arcades?

Wait, were did this come from? Hopefully they can get the lighting looking more like the arcade version before it releases on PS4.

The Arcade version is out in the sun, but the PS4 version is in the shade so it looks different because of that. That said, are those actually Arcade and PS4 version shots, or just speculation?

mao2

Thanks for the info duckroll. I'm kinda surprised that they're using a PS4 based arcade board instead of their usual Taito Type X series. Also 50+ characters is great.

That looks buff.

Shame the PS4 version doesn't look quite as hot as the arcade one though.

Well since the PS4 version is over a year away they still have time to polish it up. I actually prefer the pretty much everything on the PS4 version exception the lighting and the skin. The lighting makes the colors pop better and the skin looks a lot more lifelike, if they can get those looking like the arcade version I'll be happy.

Top Bottom