• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (Arcades, Team Ninja) Closed Conference [All info in OP]

Loona

The director is Takeo Kujiraoka. He was the battle director of Dissidia 012, and a battle planner on the first Dissidia. He says they're planning over 50 characters for the game (including time release updates), and additional costumes for characters as well.

~ Mash and Zeid ~
~ Crushing Exdeath tree ~
~ Taking down all its HP ~

50 characters should mean at least 3 per game, although I'd bet the NES age games will get shafted, but hey, more opportunities for the VI and XI cast.

Looks promising. I like DoA, and I figure Team Ninja should be able to help balance the game in an item-less environment, if that ends up being an option (even if only for the home version) - the item and skill system for the Dissidias was actually pretty interesting.

duckroll

Good to see they're expanding beyond numbered FFs. This probably means we'll see characters from other FF games added. Type-0 is probably a lock as well.

Ramza from FFT confirmed!

tumblr_mgqp1gKmst1ry10fwo1_400.gif

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Team Ninja? Based on the PS4? 50+ characters(dlc?lol)
Totally unexpected, i wonder how much time will pass before the PS4 version.
I still don't like the graphic style, too aseptic.

Look at that Cloud model and tell me that can run on Vita.
Obviously not, but with the right downgrades it could still look good, i mean J star Victory vs that's a similar game looks really good, i could totally deal with a Vita version of Dissidia that looks like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY6zYeNQ0XI

duckroll

Maybe they're not allowing photography because Nomura showed off his design for Ramza and they don't want to induce internet rage! :p

*cough*

Takahiro Sakurai (Cloud) and Ai Kayano (Y'shtola) have also showed up.

Ninja Dom

Team Ninja? Based on the PS4? 50+ characters(dlc?lol)
Totally unexpected, i wonder how much time will pass before the PS4 version.
I still don't like the graphic style, too aseptic.

Obviously not, but with the right downgrades it could still look good, i mean J star Victory vs that's a similar game looks really good, i could totally deal with a Vita version of Dissidia that looks like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY6zYeNQ0XI

At least a year until home versions after the arcade is released.

CarJeter

Neo Member
How do you think they are getting those 50+ characters. Class 0 is going to be a least a 1/4 of the roster.

FF main titles from IV to XIII (excluding V and XI) have atleast 6 main characters, thats already 48 characters. Then add the 5 from V, a few important characters from XI and XIV and the 4 from XV and you have more than 50.

duckroll

Soichiro Hoshi (Bartz) and Shinnosuke Tachibana (Alphinaud) have shown up. Was Alphinaud confirmed before this?

Edit: Tachibana is voicing Ramza. He also voiced Ramza in Lord of Vermilion apparently.

Lord Phol

This could be system seller for me whenever it hits consoles! Love the PSP Dissidias.
I hope this game gets a touch more fighter in it and little less RPG for the actual fighting. Wasn't super happy with the brave system and how you could just break people and pretty much 1 shot them.

duckroll

They're doing a live demo and the director is explaining stuff now apparently. Probably nothing much else that's super interesting. I'm going to go grab some food and update the thread later. :p

jiggle

Alphinaud?
Why?
Does he even lift?
I guess they get two characters for the price of one with him

Ramza looks really young

They're doing a live demo and the director is explaining stuff now apparently. Probably nothing much else that's super interesting. I'm going to go grab some food and update the thread later. :p
They trotted Nomura out just for that?

Locke pls

Nice to see them stepping outside of numbered FF games, though (I've never played FFT, so I'm not really excited for Ramza, but still).

Top Bottom