• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (Arcades, Team Ninja) Closed Conference [All info in OP]

RyoonZ

Banned
CCOWh5uUsAAvQqJ.png

Which FF is this character from?

What's the chance of Noct being in this?

Depends on when it releases relative to XV. I remember the first Dissidia game passed up on using Lightning because they didn't want to show her abilities off before XIII came out.

That said, I definitely see him getting in at some point, but probably not initially.

Shahed

Pleasantly surprised to see Ramza. Hope Agrias makes it in as well. Since this opens of the door for other spin offs, if they do Type-0, can they please limit it to Ace and one female (Rem/Queen most likely) at most. I'll cry if Machina is in it

What's the chance of Noct being in this?

Doubt he'll be added in initially. He'll probably be one of those post release additions. If the PS4 release of this game is after the release of FFXV, he might be there for that anyway

Nice. Other M wounds aside, this is likely a good collaboration for SE as they move the series off of handhelds. Sounds like a huge roster too! Characters I want to see (but probably won't): Cyan, Shadow, Red XIII, Freya, Beatrix, Fran, Fang

Oh wow.

I... uh...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMN.

Did not expect this in the slightest.

I was going to say I'm cautious because Team Ninja, but the battle director being the original guy, I'm fine with that.

Also, FFT characters, summons and confirmed PS4 version is all pretty sick, so yeah.

And Midgar looks fucking fantastic.

duckroll

Updated the OP. As expected there wasn't much news after they started playing. Ramza won't be in the base game, he'll be added later as an update.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
So with actual summons confirmed, I wonder what they're going to do with Yuna. That's kinda her 'thing', unless she can summon specific Aeons for her attacks that aren't related to the actual summons...

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
She could be X-2 Yuna.

I'd rather it be original Yuna tbh, then have Rikku or Paine represent X-2's Dressphere style. But hey, I wouldn't complain either way, I just hope she comes back. \o/

Edit: Also, the main system mechanic change I'm kinda happy for is an actual guard state, rather than a weird parry like in past games. It'll make the game way more offensive over all I think.

OmegaDL50

I miss the good ol days of arcade too, but look at it this way: THey get 1 year to balance stuff out :p

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that an arcade release for a game actually will make the console release that much better, especially since more high level players (especially in Japan no less) play in arcades.

I doubt many would have liked to see SF4,VF5,GG:Xrd,etc release on consoles first, BEFORE all of the loktests and problems sorted out.

An arcade release first before a console release especially for a fighting game is good thing, especially all that it entails.

With high level players breaking the game down, reporting their issues at Loktests and overall balance adjustments being done across revisional tweaks and updates, this means that the console version when released will be likely the most ideal version immediately available due to polish and extensive play testing the Arcade version receives.

Ramza, aw yisss. Really looking forward to this. Played the shit out of both Dissidia games. Does SCE's involvement mean this'll be PS4 exclusive?

S-E is going to milk this for every cent they can get. This is going to be THE game to play in arcades and they're going to ride this straight to the bank.

Ramza, aw yisss. Really looking forward to this. Played the shit out of both Dissidia games. Does SCE's involvement mean this'll be PS4 exclusive?

Not sure. If we use Tekken as a recent example Pre-7 then highly possible but given how they've locked SF5 up and having this as well to compliment it as another exclusive fighting game on their system then they will.

Kain

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that an arcade release for a game actually will make the console release that much better, especially since more high level players (especially in Japan no less) play in arcades.

I doubt many would have liked to see SF4,VF5,GG:Xrd,etc release on consoles first, BEFORE all of the loktests and problems sorted out.

An arcade release first before a console release especially for a fighting game is good thing, especially all that it entails.

With high level players breaking the game down, reporting their issues at Loktests and overall balance adjustments being done across revisional tweaks and updates, this means that the console version when released will be likely the most ideal version immediately available due to polish and extensive play testing the Arcade version receives.

I don't think this game is meant for high end play or tournaments, so I don't see high level players supporting this. The same could be said for Melee in its day, thou, so everything is possible I guess, but right now I'm not seeing it...

I agree with the rest, location tests and arcade play help a lot.

Loona

So with actual summons confirmed, I wonder what they're going to do with Yuna. That's kinda her 'thing', unless she can summon specific Aeons for her attacks that aren't related to the actual summons...

The Siliconera site mentions a Summon Gauge, so between that and the EX skills also mentioned there, perhaps she'll be able to fill her team's faster, make it last longer, or something like that.

duckroll

I... don't see the problem. "Summons" were in Dissidia as a system previously as well. That didn't stop Yuna from having Summon motifs in all her attacks anyway. I don't see how it matters.

Top Bottom