• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (Arcades, Team Ninja) Closed Conference [All info in OP]

Holy shit the UI is TERRIBLE
Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-Arcade_2015_04-10-15_022.jpg
Couldn't they make it bigger?

Seriously look at the size of this thing dear god :/

Man, that theme... Ishimoto is so good.

Also, yeah, Yuna is just a mage with cool animations on her attacks. The summons are not really a mechanic. She'll probably stay the same (and I can't wait to see her stuff in this game).

Loona

I... don't see the problem. "Summons" were in Dissidia as a system previously as well. That didn't stop Yuna from having Summon motifs in all her attacks anyway. I don't see how it matters.

In Dissidia summons were mostly special battle events that changed the Brave resource between characters (which generally translated into damage potential), but didn't physically affect the combat. This lead to Gilgamesh being able to summon himself - he was the only Gilgamesh in battle, but could trigger the Gilgamesh summon effect.
For Yuna, they were actual attacks, with a physical presence in the arena.

I the arcade version, looks like summons will be physical presences, like a 4th team member, so that changes things. She'll probably enhance their power of frequency of use.

Collaboration with SCEJA? So in all likelihood will be a PS4 exclusive? (alongside arcade... which I guess is also technically PS4 by the sounds of things)

OmegaDL50

Couldn't they make it bigger?

Seriously look at the size of this thing dear god :/

Yeah I think one of the main reasons why there is so many life gauges on screen is because every single character is fighting at once unlike the previous games. Even games like MvC3 while team based it's still 1 vs 1.

I think something like DBZ Xenoverse works without getting in the way of the action.

xenoverseaction.jpg

It's small enough to see everyone's life gauge without it getting in the way.

Also they could make the bars vertical to the side of the screen rather than horizontal.

Like in Duodecim for example

maxresdefault.jpg

I think the main difference is that this 3 on 3, rather than 1 on 1 like the previous Dissidia games, so all of those life gauges on screen are taking significant real estate.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
I... don't see the problem. "Summons" were in Dissidia as a system previously as well. That didn't stop Yuna from having Summon motifs in all her attacks anyway. I don't see how it matters.

Summons in the past games were just an image, followed by a status effect/buff. It allowed her to still be unique in that her moves used her Aeons. My concern is about how they're going to handle her now that summons are an actual partner AI sort of thing that you can use, and not just unique to her.

RPGCrazied

Looks lovely, but waiting a year plus is going to be tough. And wow at 50+ characters, seems like they will get most of the important ones. Tidus, Zidane, Squall are in more than likely.

Gaffi

It says ps4 hardware and tech and 1 yr exclusive to arcades. Chances of a ps4 version are high but was it actually confirmed?

I forsee the ui changing a bit before a console release, or perhaps before it hits arcades if people complain in test plays.

It says ps4 hardware and tech and 1 yr exclusive to arcades. Chances of a ps4 version are high but was it actually confirmed?

I forsee the ui changing a bit before a console release, or perhaps before it hits arcades if people complain in test plays.

They showed a screenshot of the game running on a PS4, so I'm pretty sure we are safe to say this game is coming.

duckroll

In Dissidia summons were mostly special battle events that changed the Brave resource between characters (which generally translated into damage potential), but didn't physically affect the combat. This lead to Gilgamesh being able to summon himself - he was the only Gilgamesh in battle, but could trigger the Gilgamesh summon effect.
For Yuna, they were actual attacks, with a physical presence in the arena.

I the arcade version, looks like summons will be physical presences, like a 4th team member, so that changes things. She'll probably enhance their power of frequency of use.

Summons in the past games were just an image, followed by a status effect/buff. It allowed her to still be unique in that her moves used her Aeons. My concern is about how they're going to handle her now that summons are an actual partner AI sort of thing that you can use, and not just unique to her.

I think you guys are overthinking it. It's just a fighting game. Her moves can still be Aeons from FFX, while the actual summons in the game will have different designs and serve a different purpose.

Valnen

So in all likelihood we're getting a PS4 port?

Japan will after a year. The rest of the world will probably have to wait even longer. I'll buy it whenever it comes out, but it's gonna drive me a bit crazy knowing this game exists and I can't play it yet for stupid reasons.

More than likely, yeah. Not for a year at least, though.

Has there ever been an arcade game that ran on specific console based hardware that didn't get a port to said console?

Pretty sure all of the Mario Kart Arcade games ran on GameCube/Wii/Wii U hardware
which are all the same durr hurr hurr
and never got ported. Good reason for that though.

Geg

UI doesn't worry me, UIs in games change constantly during development.

All I have to say otherwise is yooooooooo Ramza!

Aru

Everything seems great to me, but I won't be convinced on 3vs3 battles until I play the game. Won't prevent me to buy it when it's released on PS4.

Pretty sure all of the Mario Kart Arcade games ran on GameCube/Wii/Wii U hardware
which are all the same durr hurr hurr
and never got ported. Good reason for that though.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Makes sense, though.

UI doesn't worry me, UIs in games change constantly during development.

Yeah, I remember the UI for the first Dissidia game looking wildly different in the final product than it did in it's initial reveal.

Customization parts in an arcade game?

I've been out of the arcade loop since the 90s, and I have no idea how Japanese arcades work today.

In my day we spent about 3 dollars in quarters to complete a game in about 40 minutes.

How does this shit work?

Customization parts in an arcade game?

I've been out of the arcade loop since the 90s, and I have no idea how Japanese arcades work today.

In my day we spent about 3 dollars in quarters to complete a game in about 40 minutes.

How does this shit work?
Player cards

Think Amiibos in card form

Geg

I wonder if the home release will try to have a story mode like the other games or if it'll just be a pure fighting game

Top Bottom