• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy: Ultimecia trailer

raven777

https://youtu.be/o9eUOAiBhAc

DI9SiLCVYAAn7k5.jpg:large

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Pretty good reveal but I'm surprised that they didn't try to include FF8 stage in the trailer since we have three more stages to go. FFVIII, FFXI and FFXV

She looks crazy good, they also showed off Kefka, Shantotto, Yshtola and Ace buffs they essentially have faster start up on their attacks.

Golnei

Hopefully she'll get her Edea costume again in this one.

I hope so - I can't see what else would be a higher priority. I can't wait until they release some media of it, it'll be the highest quality rendition of her since the PSX FMVs.

Her character model is nicely detailed.

But that remix of The Extreme was awful.

At least the Maybe I'm a Lion arrangement was passable, as far as VIII stuff goes. Generally, the soundtrack has been mediocre (the XII and Tactics arrangements have at at least been decent), but The Extreme is one of the few tracks which is genuinely bad.

Also, rerecording Cantata Mortis will always seem like a totally pointless waste of time and money.

She played very lame in the previous Dissidia, and by lame, I mean the fighting game kind of lame, where they can stall and stretch the match for a real long time. She basically is a zoner and I remember those freaking spears walls she would put out, and if you were a melee character it was like the worst freaking thing, because they basically blocked you off from approaching her and they were out there for a while. Since it is a team game though, I guess you can just switch targets if she wanted to turtle up, that is if she was a good at zoning as she was in the previous game. Though matches don't seem to take as long since there are 3v3 matches, so it probably won't be like before.

Sadly seems like we won't get any more cool characters announcements till after launch when they start doing dlc.

Edit: By cool I mean newcomers or characters we weren't expecting

DKHF

Sadly seems like we won't get any more cool characters announcements till after launch when they start doing dlc.

Yeah, kind of killed my hype a bit... Still looking forward to seeing Noctis though, I'm guessing in December.

Loona

Pretty good reveal but I'm surprised that they didn't try to include FF8 stage in the trailer since we have three more stages to go. FFVIII, FFXI and FFXV

Her PSP stage was a mess to navigate, and I hope they're not going with that, it would be even worse with 6 characters in it - if it takes them longer to decide on something better, so be it...

I do hope her presence doesn't completely lock out the possibility of XI's Lilith making it, since they're occasionally compared, but very different:

Marcel

Someone like Sabin would be unexpected. The roster for this game is totally expected aside from maybe Ramza.

Caim

Yeah after that big silhouette they posted it I figured they would be focusing on bringing the old villains back first.

Berordn

Someone like Sabin would be unexpected. The roster for this game is totally expected aside from maybe Ramza.

Y'shtola wouldn't have been my pick, and Ace is a little out there, but otherwise yeah.

But considering they drastically reworked everyone from the PSP games to some degree I can kind of forgive it, I'm just disappointed they're making me wait for Gilgamesh.

Marcel

Y'shtola wouldn't have been my pick, and Ace is a little out there, but otherwise yeah.

But considering they drastically reworked everyone from the PSP games to some degree I can kind of forgive it, I'm just disappointed they're making me wait for Gilgamesh.

Y'shtola is only unexpected by nature of her not actually being important to the current story of FFXIV anymore.

VariantX

It's gonna take them forever just to get through all the old characters at the rate they're going.

dawgparty

First completely expected "reveal" that I've genuinely been excited for. Recognizing a lot of her attacks from the first games.

Marcel

Maybe, but I really wanted Thancred.

I wasn't really expecting them to pick a straight up conjurer, is all.

I think a more interesting choice for a healer/support would have been Minwu or Garnet. I get why Y'shtola is in but it's just kind of...boring.

Riposte

Her PSP stage was a mess to navigate, and I hope they're not going with that, it would be even worse with 6 characters in it - if it takes them longer to decide on something better, so be it...

I do hope her presence doesn't completely lock out the possibility of XI's Lilith making it, since they're occasionally compared, but very different:

As FFXI characters go, she pretty low rung, probably lower than Lisette anyway. Shadow Lord and Eald'narche are probably the two most likely villains to appear from FFXI, but even those two are not exactly likely. Shantotto gets a bit of overexposure because of fan popularity and Prishe is seen as the main character of the most important storyline, but anything else isn't really likely I think. FFXI, being a collection of fairly separate storylines, has a lot of protags and villains, but it'll get less attention than FFVII, for example.

EDIT: I've liked her since the 1.0 days, but Y'shtola is kind of lame within FFXIV overall. That game is all over the place writing-wise since the crummy ARR plot and it's clear the Scions as a whole suffer a lot from that. Maybe they can put in Estinien instead of Kain this time though. Or just put in Gaius and pretend the game didn't completely waste him.

Top Bottom