• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Collector’s Edition Revealed + Undead Faction

jelmerjt

Undead Reveal + Collector's Edition Unboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B5rJ_VG7Lw

Press release:

Divinity: Original Sin 2's Final Origin Character and Playable Race, Fane the Undead, Unmasked!

Larian Studios Reveals Collector's Edition Details, Available Now in Brand New Divinity: Original Sin 2 Shop

GHENT, Belgium – August 31, 2017 – Larian Studios has today announced Fane, the sixth and final origin character in Divinity: Original Sin 2. Fane is undead, the final playable faction in the game, and appears as a ghoulish skeleton to the denizens of the world of Rivellon. Undead characters are much more than spooky skeletons, however, and include some fundamentally different gameplay mechanics in Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Larian Studios has also today unveiled full details on the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Collector's Edition. One thousand units of the Collector's Edition are now available for $169 on a completely new and revamped Divinity: Original Sin 2 website, including an all new online shop, at shop.larian.game. The Collector's Edition includes:

A Steam key for Divinity: Original Sin 2
Box featuring art of each of the four major races of Rivellon
A combination velvet-lined dice tray and Dungeon Master's Screen, featuring art of the Mask of the Shapeshifter on the outside, and the Hall of Echoes on the interior
A 10.2-inch figurine of Fane, featuring interchangeable skull head and rotating Mask of the Shapeshifter
A Chronicles of Reaper's Coast lorebook
A Compendium of Riveollonian Artwork art book
Color printed map of Reaper's Coast
Full Divinity: Original Sin 2 instruction manual

For a first look at the Collector's Edition and Fane, check out a new Kickstarter update video at https://youtu.be/7B5rJ_VG7Lw.

Players of Divinity: Original Sin 2 can create their own custom undead characters as well, and can choose which race their character belonged to prior to their death. This means that players can choose from undead Human, undead Dwarf, undead Elf, or undead Lizard character models. Customer undead characters have the unique undead racial abilities and traits, not the traits of the race the character once lived as. When an undead character hides his face with a simple hood, citizens of Rivellon will perceive the character as it's former living race.

Fane was an eager and ambitious scholar entombed by his elders for pursuing forbidden knowledge, and has emerged after centuries of isolation into a very different world than the one he left. Fane enters a Rivellon that fears the site of a fully animated skeleton strolling through town – when he reveals his true form people will flee in fear or attempt to fight him. He and other Eternal characters must disguise themselves with a magical item called the Mask of the Shapeshifter.

Creating the mask comes at a gruesome cost – a fresh corpse is needed and the face must be ripped from it. Once crafted, the Mask of the Shapeshifter allows undead characters to don the appearance and unique racial abilities of any other race in the game. For example, Fane can shift to a Dwarf for better prices from a Dwarven merchant, or shift to an Elf to dine on a corpse and learn their memories with the Elven racial ability Corpse Eater. Multiple masks can be made, and they can even be used by other living characters to disguise themselves as other races, allowing them to approach situations in new ways. If players decide to create their own character, or just play a different origin story, Fane will still appear in the game, where he can be recruited as a companion.

Fane and his origin story are the product of a collaboration between the Larian Studios writing team and famed RPG game writer Chris Avellone. The inclusion of the undead race were part of a stretch goal during Divinity: Original Sin 2's Kickstarter campaign.

http://pressreleases.triplepointpr....r-and-playable-race-fane-the-undead-unmasked/

HM71mtT.jpg

Sevenfold

I'm so happy. Also bumping for the couple of people who asked in the EA thread about being able to get the CE after the Kickstarter.

Adnor

Banned
They clearly know Chris Avellone's character is going to be popular lol

The undead look so cool. I know for a fact my party will have Fane and The Red Prince.

Wadiwasi

Banned
I really enjoyed the first game. I hope they tone down, as someone on GAF put it, "the whimisical" just a bit and crank up the dark humor or bad side a bit and it would be perfect for me.

Super excited to play it either way.

Edit: OMG! Was not expecting you to be able to make any race in the game undead holy crap. That is amazing.

Bit too expensive for me, especially versus the Kickstarter price ($125). I wish they had detailed the collector's edition during the Kickstarter because I totally would have spent another $100.

Yes, they should have gotten it cheaper but it sucks that people didn't know what was in what they were buying.

Sevenfold

Yes, they should have gotten it cheaper but it sucks that people didn't know what was in what they were buying.
30th Sep 2015 seems an age ago lol

can i still get it from any store?
Digitally the game is available on Steam EA until the 14th Sep, at which point the game releases, the price remains the same.
Physically, there will not be a retail version, and the CE are the only(?) boxed copy (no disk obv.)

everyer

Thank you!!!
Ordered!!!

For my favourite team... though I backed on kickstarter before....

Anno

Wait, so the premade characters have backstory? I thought you just created 4 custom characters to form your party.

You can create a customer character through choosing certain tags or you can choose from one of 6 premade origins that will have some of their own unique dialogue and quests. Either way those origin characters will be your companions in the game, though I think there's a way to make 4 premade characters by spoofing a 4 player local co-op game.

epmode

Wait, so the premade characters have backstory? I thought you just created 4 custom characters to form your party.

You only create your own character. You can choose one of six origin stories for your character or you can create a blank slate. The origin stories provide additional motivation and goals and influence the story in different ways. Even blank slate characters influence the story based on their race and a few other character traits.

For your remaining three characters, you can choose any combination of remaining origin stories. These origin stories are often designed to disrupt and conflict with other origin stories so quest design gets really crazy.

I'm not sure if you can create blank slate party members as you can in the first Original Sin. Doesn't sound nearly as interesting to me.

Llyranor

Ah, I see. I'm going to play this 2p coop, so I guess we'll pick one char each and recruit the rest. For premade characters, can you edit their starting skills? For example, I like the backstory of the evil pirate, but I want to edit his skills to be a mage's rather than a fighter's.

Anno

Ah, I see. I'm going to play this 2p coop, so I guess we'll pick one char each and recruit the rest. For premade characters, can you edit their starting skills? For example, I like the backstory of the evil pirate, but I want to edit his skills to be a mage's rather than a fighter's.

Yeah all that is configurable

epmode

Yes, you can change virtually all of an origin character's starting skills. You can change their physical appearance as well, although this is limited in certain cases. Caveat: Origin characters are locked to a single sex. In the Early Access version, there are two male origin stories and two female.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Undead sound so cool, kind of reminds me of playing a Nosferatu in Bloodlines in some ways.

I wonder if you can do 3 player Co op where one person controls two people. Because me and 2 friends are set, we don't know if either of 2 other friends will join us often though.

Llyranor

Yeah all that is configurable

Yes, you can change virtually all of an origin character's starting skills. You can change their physical appearance as well, although this is limited in certain cases. Caveat: Origin characters are locked to a single sex. In the Early Access version, there are two male origin stories and two female.
Awesome. I am pretty hyped for this game. D:OS 1 was sooo good.

Top Bottom