• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do fat ass, uneducated Americans (aka all of them) chant USA and clap after a meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daycru

They had us clap for the crew after the last dinner of a week long cruise, that's my sole clapping for food experience as a proud American for over a quarter century.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Yes, this is an American culture thing. We always clap with our hands and sometimes feet as well if the food is really good.

RBH

9fYi3gA.jpg

"You can call me Mr. Clap."

You know what I find weird? Clapping after a movie. It's not a live performance, what the fuck.

I've only ever seen this after a really emotional film. The kind of film where people feel they have to express their emotions somehow, so I guess clapping is somewhat of a natural way to do that.

You know what I find weird? Clapping after a movie. It's not a live performance, what the fuck.

I've done it. I think it's more of a "caught up in the moment experience" thing. You want to show your appreciation for something awesome. I don't have a problem with it.

At a meal, though? Like, going and sitting down and eating and then clapping afterwards? I can't imagine any situation where that would be acceptable. I'd even feel weird doing it at benihana.

Yes, we all do that and if you're visiting America you should definitely applaud after every meal because not doing so is a major faux pas.

Someone told me a thing
It was almost unspeakably stupid
Therefore I can only assume it's an American thing, as Americans acting brainless is easier for me to digest than the idea that someone's messing with me

no, but after the meal americans give out money to the person who brought it to them, like not for the food but for the servie of bringing food.
oh crazy americans.

Komo

Banned
Yes. It is also polite to clap after waking up each morning, to acknowledge that you haven't died in your sleep

agrajag

Banned
Next time I have a meal with several people, I'm going to stand up and start a golf clap. Just to see how insane everyone will think I am.

I've lived in America for 21 years, and would consider myself an expert. I've never seen anyone clap after a meal at a restaurant.

Oh man this made me laugh. Yeah no, only thing I've ever been to where people clap is at weddings and movies.

I am glad I live in the part of the US that does not clap or cheer after a movie. That sort of behavior is reserved for flesh and blood performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom