• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do GAF girls act like men in threads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wRATH2x

Banned
Bjern Fita said:
'Rape' isn't a name you call someone; it's flippantly using a word that normally, and should, carry a lot of weight.

And surely you can see in a discussion about language that 'I don't care so why should you' has no place...
No I get it, I get what your saying.
idahoblue said:
Not all power is that which you give them. And some people will be affected since they haven't learned that valuable lesson.

So hey, be a douche, that's cool. I find it better to be someone who doesn't go around offending people unless there is something else to be gained from the exercise.

Or do you feel like going into the Transgaf thread and throwing around words like 'trannie', 'it', or 'dickgirl'?
Ducky_McGee said:
You're totally right. I just went up to my mom and said "Cunt."

She got so pissed off but why the fuck should she? It's just a word. Cunt should get the fuck over it.
Hitokage said:
Words have power because they communicate thoughts, ideas, and feelings. Otherwise, you might as well be a hermit.
OK let me elaborate.

I'm not advocating being a douche, and I'm not going to go up to somebody and call him/her "Nigger", "Dunecoon", "Spic", "Fag" or the like. I'm not advocating saying a word to offend anybody.

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't let a word affect you. I know that rape is definitely wrong but I don't see the problem in talking shit while playing Street Fighter or whatever, something like "dude I'm going to rape you with Ryu", "Man say a bad thing about The Godfather again and I'll fucking murder you" and anything along those lines.

So don't take what I said wrong guys, I didn't mean it in that way.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Men do not own the word fuck.

I will fight your teeth out for it if I have to.

It always weirds me out to see dudes who think women don't swear or poop. Repressed mother + no sisters + single sex ed? School with uniforms where the girls all wear kneesocks every day?

It's like when I went to China and me and some of the other american girls were playing basketball, and all the Chinese dudes were like WAT HOLY CRAP DO THEY HAVE PENISES

no we are just american females who have freedom

perhaps I should say fucking freedom

on a side note: yeah, just don't say rape. What's it gonna cost you?

Crisis

Banned
Ela Hadrun said:
Men do not own the word fuck.

I will fight your teeth out for it if I have to.

It always weirds me out to see dudes who think women don't swear or poop. Repressed mother + no sisters + single sex ed? School with uniforms where the girls all wear kneesocks every day?

It's like when I went to China and me and some of the other american girls were playing basketball, and all the Chinese dudes were like WAT HOLY CRAP DO THEY HAVE PENISES

no we are just american females who have freedom

perhaps I should say fucking freedom

on a side note: yeah, just don't say rape. What's it gonna cost you?

I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
You know a lot of the time I think that people who make silly threads about women are just trying to lure girls out with their weird "Why do girls smell different than me? What say you Female-Gaf?" titles, and in my head I am like 'Dude, it's never going to work'.

Then like every girl on Neogaf posts in the thread.

Tinabina

I actually had to edit one of my posts yesterday because I was trying to be lady like by saying "sleeping with" instead of just "fucking" and is was misunderstood by you boys.

gabiliebe

Neo Member
I am a girl :)

My BF showed me this website so I decided to join. It was sort of crappy that I had to wait like 3 months before I was activated.

But, I think this site is awesome and is always a source of hilarity if not a really good way to procrastinate when I don't want to study.

Also, I don't think that I feel I have to talk like the guys on here when I post :p!

sciplore

Kinitari said:
You know a lot of the time I think that people who make silly threads about women are just trying to lure girls out with their weird "Why do girls smell different than me? What say you Female-Gaf?" titles, and in my head I am like 'Dude, it's never going to work'.

Then like every girl on Neogaf posts in the thread.

I have never read a thread that managed to get every girl on neogaf to post. In fact I think I read more threads that got every black person on gaf to post. There is a good amount of girls that just chill on the gaming side and seldom post here.

Honestly if you ever need to know who is female on this board look at the pics thread that is the only way I ever figured it out.

Zeppu

gabiliebe said:
Actually it's a colon and a close PARENTHESES not bracket which looks like this ].

And it's a smiley face too :p

Oh. I get it now :]

Next you'll be telling me there are more than 16 colours.

Meier

I don't usually see the c-word thrown about FWIW. Girls cuss plenty. They use that term a LOT more than guys do from my experience.

JBaird

Banned
Bjern Fita said:
'Rape' isn't a name you call someone; it's flippantly using a word that normally, and should, carry a lot of weight.

And surely you can see in a discussion about language that 'I don't care so why should you' has no place...

Dude... You just raped his mind with wisdom.

AColdDay

It's kind of common knowledge around here that all of the most prominent gaf superposters are actually smoking hot blonde babes that work for the public relations department of NeoGaf Inc. (Stock Ticker: GAFLOL.PK)

Don't tell me that you actually believed that somebody would post hundreds of threads and give thousands of hours of their life and NOT get paid a fat salary to do it?

Baki

gabiliebe said:
Actually it's a colon and a close PARENTHESES not bracket which looks like this ].

And it's a smiley face too :p

Mindblown...So thats why my programming teacher referred to (what I previously thought was a bracket) as a paranthesis.

EvaPlusMinus said:
The one that doesn't ban you.

So that discounts Dragona.

Please don't hurt me...

Munch

I'm a girl (not that I've been posting much on NeoGAF for anyone to really wonder my sex) and I use "cunt" "fuck" "ass" "bitch" "whore" and always the controversial "rape" when gaming (either video games or table top gaming).

I just don't mention my sex because I know there are some Gaffers who go to my school and I would like to meet them for friendship rather than them thinking "Oh yeah, sex". Not that they'd want to sex me after seeing me :p Hell any Gaffer I do want to befriend, and I just figure if they got to know my personality before knowing the person behind the screen's physical appearance that the friendship will be much more...pure? I guess you could say?

Anyways, on the topic of the word "rape", yeah I know its a loaded word and I've had a friend who was raped (and I don't mean that in a "BUT MY FRIEND IS BLACK, I AM NOT RACIST" way) but for me I know the distinction. I wouldn't go up to a fellow woman on the streets and say "I'M GOING TO RAPE YOU", but when I'm playing D&D and I'm feeling particularly evil I do go "Yeah, I'm going to rape you for being a dick". The guys who play with me always go O_O when I say that but it's just what I do.

I'm leaving behind reality and getting involved in a world where no one can really be harmed. I do not say out loud "Man, I got totally raped on this paper" but in a video game rape can't actually exist, so for me that's where I just draw the line.

Yes, I know my opinion will not be popular and probably my sex will be called into question for even thinking this way, but there's a lot of things I think differently than other female-identified persons that are controversial. Same way in race related issues.

Dali

josephdebono said:
Oh, and by the way, girl gaf is always thinking about male gaf in the shower and caress their nipples while doing so. 99% of us would definitely "drop the soap" 4 u ;)

Also, easily trade pictures of boobies for a peak at the 'secret weapon'.
.99%?

That's not very promising. :(

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Munch said:
... stuff I don't really care too much about... but when I'm playing D&D ... more stuff....

=/ I miss talking about D&D on GAF. Krypt0nian/Jaydubya if you are reading this, my Ranger just hit level 5! I picked up the Snarling Wolf Stance - haven't had a chance to use it - in what situation would my stances be 'deactivated'? Also, my girlfriend finally caved and decided to join our D&D expeditions, how should the DM modify it for 6 people (official campaign, just started the second one, Storm something something)? And what do you think would be more useful for our part dynamic, Sorcerer or Invoker? We already have a Ranger, Assassin/Rogue (Depending on who is DMing), Cleric, Wizard and a Sword Mage.

And uhh... on topic, girls that have that deep Joni Mitchell voice have always been attractive to me.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Count Dookkake said:

I use this thread for practice, talking to girls is hard. Also, I think we've already smoked most of them out of their hiding spots, any other girls on GAF are either hiding really well, or are dead.

Munch

Kinitari said:
=/ I miss talking about D&D on GAF. Krypt0nian/Jaydubya if you are reading this, my Ranger just hit level 5! I picked up the Snarling Wolf Stance - haven't had a chance to use it - in what situation would my stances be 'deactivated'? Also, my girlfriend finally caved and decided to join our D&D expeditions, how should the DM modify it for 6 people (official campaign, just started the second one, Storm something something)? And what do you think would be more useful for our part dynamic, Sorcerer or Invoker? We already have a Ranger, Assassin/Rogue (Depending on who is DMing), Cleric, Wizard and a Sword Mage.

And uhh... on topic, girls that have that deep Joni Mitchell voice have always been attractive to me.

:p

Why isn't there a D&D thread? I'm still new at it (and get confused with the die) but it seems fun from what I've been doing.

Dead Man

Kinitari said:

D&D got me through highschool... but that was 2nd ed. :lol

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Munch said:

Why isn't there a D&D thread? I'm still new at it (and get confused with the die) but it seems fun from what I've been doing.

There is a D&D thread... I think I am about to necromancy it.

idahoblue said:
D&D got me through highschool... but that was 2nd ed. :lol

That better not be judgement in that :lol!

Munch

Kinitari said:
There is a D&D thread... I think I am about to necromancy it.

That better not be judgement in that :lol!

Well when you do, I'll be posting in there. I love D&D, even if I'm still learning about it.

Shanadeus

Banned
Munch said:

I wish there were more digital ways of playing D&D, I could never keep track of dies and charts and whatnot - am too messy.

Munch

Shanadeus said:
I wish there were more digital ways of playing D&D, I could never keep track of dies and charts and whatnot - am too messy.

I need to buy myself the die. I'm trying to keep track of it (all that math 8|) but I'm keeping track for the most part.

Also, is it weird that I enjoy D&D but LARPing is just really fucking weird to me?

agrajag

Banned
Kenka said:
Given the large amount of answers, it would be obvious that some girls have also expressed their opinion, most likely in the same range as men.

No, they were all guys. There's your answer, champ.

Munch

tinabina said:
i'm a girl and i answered but nobody noticed cause the thread got derailed to D&D...oh gaf

From one girl to another, sorry about that. Though we could really blame Kinitari for this one... >_>

Baki

tinabina said:
i'm a girl and i answered but nobody noticed cause the thread got derailed to D&D...oh gaf

62256286.gif

Munch said:
I'm a girl (not that I've been posting much on NeoGAF for anyone to really wonder my sex) and I use "cunt" "fuck" "ass" "bitch" "whore" and always the controversial "rape" when gaming (either video games or table top gaming).

I just don't mention my sex because I know there are some Gaffers who go to my school and I would like to meet them for friendship rather than them thinking "Oh yeah, sex". Not that they'd want to sex me after seeing me :p Hell any Gaffer I do want to befriend, and I just figure if they got to know my personality before knowing the person behind the screen's physical appearance that the friendship will be much more...pure? I guess you could say?

Anyways, on the topic of the word "rape", yeah I know its a loaded word and I've had a friend who was raped (and I don't mean that in a "BUT MY FRIEND IS BLACK, I AM NOT RACIST" way) but for me I know the distinction. I wouldn't go up to a fellow woman on the streets and say "I'M GOING TO RAPE YOU", but when I'm playing D&D and I'm feeling particularly evil I do go "Yeah, I'm going to rape you for being a dick". The guys who play with me always go O_O when I say that but it's just what I do.

I'm leaving behind reality and getting involved in a world where no one can really be harmed. I do not say out loud "Man, I got totally raped on this paper" but in a video game rape can't actually exist, so for me that's where I just draw the line.

Yes, I know my opinion will not be popular and probably my sex will be called into question for even thinking this way, but there's a lot of things I think differently than other female-identified persons that are controversial. Same way in race related issues.

D&D = Dungeons and Dragons right? I don't know much about (except from well movies + I doubt brits play this kind of game) but is it that game where you "roleplay" (as in real crazy ass cosplay kind of roleplay) as a mythical creature etc...

or..

Is it just a card game?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Munch said:
From one girl to another, sorry about that. Though we could really blame Kinitari for this one... >_>

Wow, I don't even know how you could blame me, I am assuming it's because I am black - now I am thoroughly offended and am taking my leave of this thread!

Yeef

I generally don't pay attention to the gender of strangers online. Once they're no longer strangers I do, however. Generally speaking, I don't treat girlfriends any differently than guys with one exception. I'm much less likely to swear at girls than I am guys (but I don't swear often at all regardless).

Shanadeus said:
A co-worker of mine plays D&D 2 or 3 nights a week and uses this program: http://www.fantasygrounds.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom