• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do not exit to UI when updating Warframe.

todd360

I'm really hating this download more than half of the game thing in the actual game menu. It was just so annoying on killzone and battlefield. I thought it was supposed to be like that video with the girl playing knack and the guy chooses to download killzone multiplayer first.

Was about to download it right now. So fucking glad I logged on here real quick. Hopefully nobody gets their new PS4 bricked cause of this.

Robot Pants

Yea I had to unplug it. It booted up in safe mode and checked everything and all was good but boy was I worried. And this ps4 makes some scary noises sometimes.
Anyway, just avoid this game all together.

Gator86

Warframe has it's own update system that happens in game. Myself, my friend, and someone else in the PS4 launch thread have had their systems locked up when updating the game. I had to hold the power button in for 10 seconds or so then reboot, it checked for errors, rebooted again and I'm fine but talk about a scary few minutes. Let the game update without going to the UI.

Had this exact thing happen to me. Fuck this game. Uninstalled.

Warframe has it's own update system that happens in game. Myself, my friend, and someone else in the PS4 launch thread have had their systems locked up when updating the game. I had to hold the power button in for 10 seconds or so then reboot, it checked for errors, rebooted again and I'm fine but talk about a scary few minutes. Let the game update without going to the UI.

Same thing happened to me. I deleted Warframe for now. They should use the standard system update instead of rolling their own.

STA_DMAmul

Neo Member
had this same problem, froze at 6% but luckily it did not lock up. But, my PS4 would no longer connect to the internet even after subsequent reboots, so I had to restart my router. I also had Resogun freeze up once on load (only after this warframe issue).

Deleted Warframe.

Do not download this game!

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Warframe updater did lock up my PS4, but the second time was fine, even worked fine to task switch during.

Zoggy

this happened to me as well friday night.

while it was updating i went to check my trophies and my system froze and the only way to turn it off was to pull out the power cord.

then rebooting gave me the flashing blue lights and i was mortified, but securely tightening the hdmi cable turned it on

i never had any lockups with it, and the updating has been working, but then again i just sat there and let it update.

on a few occasions the framerate took a huge nose dive to slide-show speed, but it was because i was looking down an extremely long hallway, with tons of enemies and explosions and what not. i think it just had a hard time rendering for a few seconds.

other than that it's been smooth sailing. beautiful game.

Metzhara

I, too, experienced this. The problem was the only reason I did it was the damned system locked up doing the download in the first place. That was a nice touch.

Also... it took FOREVER to hard-reset the system.

Other than that, I hadn't had any immediate crashes, though "Blacklight: Retribution" is a whole lotta fun in infinite load screens. -Adam

Frostburn

Just to update my own experiences:

Today I was able to launch the game, the update went through and the game worked fine. I'll chalk the hard-locks up to an issue with Sony or the Game server's while trying to get the update.

MercuryLS

Banned
You guys can feel free to laugh at me but I can't get past the tutorial, when the chick says pick up the ammo and reload. Where is the ammo?!?!

Razdek

Banned
Same here, had my first freeze installing this game and had to pull the plug as holding down the power button wouldn't work. I've had two other freezes since then but they weren't Warframe related but it is scary to have to pull the plug.

reKon

Banned
I'm downloading Warframe right now, not leaving the PSN screen. Is it safe to navigate to the OS or has it still been crashing for anyone?

Top Bottom