• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you enjoy spicy foods/hot sauce?

What's it gonna be?

• No thanks, Tabasco is too hot for me

• Bring that shit on

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Before I pull the trigger on this Secret Aardvark stuff, anyone want to tell me if it's any good? It was on Hot Ones and seems pretty damn popular.

41OlpvLqEFL._SY300_QL70_.jpg
I have a bottle of it and it's pretty good. Usually use it when we make tacos or put on some scrambled eggs. Has a good kick and the heat lingers with this one.

My dad apparently loves Spicy Food but once me, my brother and my dad had Jamaican Jerk Chicken with 3 Scotch Bonnet Peppers mixed in.

Spicy as fuck and I was in tears but I ate it all (and my bro) but my dad...who loves Spice so much....couldn't even finish half of it. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣😭

ProTip: NEVER keep the seeds in if you want to live.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Anyone have some good hot sauce recommendations? Tired of the standard stuff.
I like Melindas. It's barely vinegary and has some nice spices. It's not just a straight up vinegar hot sauce. Pic related is good and not too hot despite what it looks like. You could get one with less X's. They're the same besides heat. But if this is too standard and you want some of that blueberry mustard bullshit I can't help you there lmao.
71CdYBflucL._SY679_.jpg

Paracelsus

I can't withstand the heat, however I love that shit, ever since I was young. I always made sure my hamburgers had spicy ketchup, and my diavola pizza (which already comes with hot sausage) was covered with a little bit of tabasco in the pic above or chili olive oil.

John Day

Love spicy things. Not hardcore, but spicy makes things better.

Ironically, i don’t like Tabasco per se. I like the more chunky sauces.

Liljagare

I am so envious over people that doesn't get the same experience when it goes out as when it goes in.. :p

I love habaneros, but mah butt can't take it.. :\ They are really flavourfull once you get used to the heat.

lil puff

No.

I am the shame of my family for liking mild flavored food.

My cousin used to go out in the garden and eat peppers off the vine like candy.
I am from the kind of family that shakes salt and pepper and hot sauce over every dish before tasting it.

My brother used to drink from a hot sauce bottle like it was Pepsi.

I am the one that ended up with the digestive issues, go figure.

Unfortunately I have a tendency to wind up with small cuts on my tongue from a couple chipped teeth that I've been too obstinate to get either filed smooth or fixed (Which is definitely not as cool as scars) so more often than not the spicier food I love just ends up causing me pain in open tongue wounds, so I have to be careful when I choose to eat spicier food.

My uncle owned a bar before he passed, and he used to grow the peppers he made his own special wing sauces with (Small batch because very few people other than him could handle them) and he'd always be sure to bring some along to any family event just for me. The hottest ones I could barely eat more than a couple, so he'd also bring a huge container of his normal-hot wings that everyone would dig into.

Man, I miss him :(

lil puff

Unfortunately I have a tendency to wind up with small cuts on my tongue from a couple chipped teeth that I've been too obstinate to get either filed smooth or fixed (Which is definitely not as cool as scars) so more often than not the spicier food I love just ends up causing me pain in open tongue wounds, so I have to be careful when I choose to eat spicier food.

My uncle owned a bar before he passed, and he used to grow the peppers he made his own special wing sauces with (Small batch because very few people other than him could handle them) and he'd always be sure to bring some along to any family event just for me. The hottest ones I could barely eat more than a couple, so he'd also bring a huge container of his normal-hot wings that everyone would dig into.

Man, I miss him :(
1- I hear fixing a chipped tooth is expensive or not covered by insurance (in US). I got a chipped front tooth from some ass slamming me in a game of touch football. At this point, I've gotten used to it, but I agree about the abrasion it can cause.

2- The only time when I do tolerate spicy is hot wings. For some reason, the first two wings are painful, but after the initial shock, they oddly become addictive. I think it's because chicken is relatively flavorless and can handle the heat. I wonder why no one (that I know of) makes regular chicken drumsticks and thighs in buffalo sauce.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
This shit is delicious.

Also Lao Gan Ma is my go to base for stir fry.

1- I hear fixing a chipped tooth is expensive or not covered by insurance (in US). I got a chipped front tooth from some ass slamming me in a game of touch football. At this point, I've gotten used to it, but I agree about the abrasion it can cause.

2- The only time when I do tolerate spicy is hot wings. For some reason, the first two wings are painful, but after the initial shock, they oddly become addictive. I think it's because chicken is relatively flavorless and can handle the heat. I wonder why no one (that I know of) makes regular chicken drumsticks and thighs in buffalo sauce.
My dentist told me any time I want him to smooth them out he'll do it at a regular appointment, just give him notice so he can write it down and remember he's going to do it and be prepared with the proper tools setup.

lil puff

My dentist told me any time I want him to smooth them out he'll do it at a regular appointment, just give him notice so he can write it down and remember he's going to do it and be prepared with the proper tools setup.
Interesting.
I hadn't been to the dentist in a few years, but next time I'll have to ask about it.

Thanks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Mild heat for me.

Eat too much hot food and the taste disappears. Also, when your mouth gets too hot, whatever you drink tastes like piss.

TacosNSalsa

Before my surgery I had a high tolerance for spicy food growing up in a West Indian family . Damn near everything had paper sauce in it and the home made kind to not the store bought stuff. ,Man did it taste good . While I still love it I can't really eat the very hot stuff any more as the after math is just too painful . So probably Tabasco sauce is about as hot as I'll go

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I got a feeling food enthusiasts eat spicy to prove to themselves they aren't a pussy.

GreatnessRD

I like spicy food, its cool in moderation. I rarely eat it when I can't enjoy it because its too damn hot. I'm good on all that noise. Sweet hot is pretty good though.

Cholula. Sriracha. Tapatio. El Yucateca. I can't survive without those

I wish we'd have that much variety over here. The only brands I can find are Tabasco and Sriracha -if I'm lucky. And this amazing little thing too :

ZQNIZRC.jpg

Harissa, a hot chili pepper paste that I occasionally eat with a spoon.

Everything else's generic stuff, and I can't build a "trust relationship" with something that may simply vanish without any kind of warning. I want a lifetime relationship with my hot sauce ! :messenger_kissing_smiling:
[And on a side note, many of those sauces are too mild anyway... disappointing :messenger_expressionless:]

Banned
I hate to be one of those elitists. I really do. I can live with the big brands. I just can't remember the last time I ever had a use for Tabasco. It sucks.

Cholula. Sriracha. Tapatio. El Yucateca. I can't survive without those.

I'll agree with ya too, but I do like Tabasco on sunny side up eggs.

I grow my own chilly so yeah I fucking love spicy food.
What kinds do you grow? I once had a Dorset Naga bush which was cool. Tried growing Cayenne from seed one time and nothing happened. Not the greatest climate for growing chillis in Northern Ireland :messenger_grinning_smiling:

For me it truly depends on what spice food like Buffalo Hot Sauce I'd love it but Carolina Reaper no. I always eat buffalo mostly mild wings never really hot but I could so I'd say for me mostly wings and hot sauce.

Dural

DjEkRcG.jpg

Just got this in the mail, it has a nice fruity flavor. It uses Carolina reapers, but the heat isn't as bad as you'd think.

Top Bottom