• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you guys think TFLO could..

neptunes

D you guys think TFLO could come back? under a new publisher

They could take out the voice communication and re-work the game so that it can come out on the xbox or the ps2. (it can run on the ps2 can't it?)

I have not given up hope on cancelled games, Red Dead Revolver has restored my faith.

element

Red Dead Revolver isn't a good example, because the developer came out and said that development didn't stop in light being dropped by Capcom. Level 5 has just flat out stated that TFLO has stopped development in the addition of MS dropping it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
One game is a one player, third person action game while the other is a multi massive RPG that can only be played online. ..

neptunes

yeah I understand
it's just that I think all that time and resources has just gone to waste.

It would be cool to see NCsoft or Nexon finish the game.

neptunes said:
it's just that I think all that time and resources has just gone to waste.
Welcome to the video game industry.

As for TFLO being revived in some form; don't hold your breath.

Nikashi

Banned
MS Cancelled TFLO because they were getting hosed by Level 5. The game was announced years ago, and frankly, I've seen ZERO progress from the first screens to the most recent ones. Level 5 was probably just using all the cash for Dragon Quest, and making a shitty token effort on TFLO. MS should blast Level 5 publicly for it, IMO.

Redbeard

Banned
A shame. How bad could it have been, really? At the very least they should've just moved it over to Xbox 2. I think it would've been a big draw to have a MMORPG at launch (assuming they could've finished it by then - mabye that's assuming too much?).

novery

Nikashi said:
MS Cancelled TFLO because they were getting hosed by Level 5. The game was announced years ago, and frankly, I've seen ZERO progress from the first screens to the most recent ones. Level 5 was probably just using all the cash for Dragon Quest, and making a shitty token effort on TFLO. MS should blast Level 5 publicly for it, IMO.

OK, that is just ridiculous. Although I didn't play the game at last year's Tokyo Game Show, there are a number of journalists who did and commented on how solid the game looked and felt. (One was Ziff Davis's Christian Nutt http://www.livejournal.com/users/ferricide/) To suggest that Level 5 was sitting on their hands and cashing in on its partnership with Microsoft is just stupid.

-rp

Top Bottom