• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think The Last of Us Part 3 will be announced this generation?

Bartski

Gold Member
via ChatGPT:

Title: "The Last of Us: Shattered Horizons"

Plot Summary:

Set years after the tumultuous events of "The Last of Us Part II," the world continues to grapple with the aftermath of the Cordyceps outbreak. A new threat emerges as a radical faction known as the "Brotherhood of Decay" seeks to exploit the remaining fungal infection for their own gain.

Tommy, now confined to a wheelchair due to injuries sustained during previous conflicts, has become a resilient leader within a thriving settlement. Meanwhile, Abby, grappling with the weight of her past choices, has found solace in the community. However, the toll of her emotional struggles manifests physically, resulting in her gaining considerable weight.

As the Brotherhood of Decay intensifies its efforts to weaponize the Cordyceps fungus, Tommy and Abby find themselves thrust into a new quest to protect their settlement. Tommy, relying on his strategic brilliance, plans intricate operations despite his physical limitations. Abby, grappling with her insecurities and the judgment of others regarding her appearance, discovers a newfound strength within herself.

"The Last of Us: Shattered Horizons" explores the power dynamics within the settlement and the challenges of leadership when facing internal and external threats. Tommy's wheelchair becomes both a symbol of vulnerability and a source of tactical advantage, while Abby's physical transformation serves as a metaphor for the complexities of self-acceptance.

The narrative unfolds as the duo faces the Brotherhood of Decay, navigating treacherous environments and confronting moral quandaries. Along the way, they encounter unexpected allies and enemies, forcing them to question their beliefs and redefine their roles in this evolving post-apocalyptic world.

Through this gripping tale, "The Last of Us: Shattered Horizons" examines themes of resilience, acceptance, and the enduring strength found within unconventional partnerships, proving that true survival extends beyond physical capabilities and appearances.

it dosen't matter. Sony's games are just an iteration of post apocalyptic with parenthood themes. so...all are the last of us

Twinblade

Why?

Look, even if I disagree with people who disliked the direction the story went in for the second instalment. I'm completely at a loss as to why they'd find fault with the gameplay as it was a straight-up better version of the first game.

Watch some high-skill play examples of the combat, and tell me what's the problem with that. Its top quality stuff.

Bottom line is that between the Uncharted's and the TLOU's you can see with clarity what sort of game ND have skill and experience making, so even if its a new IP that's next for them, it's likely going to fundamentally similar mechanically because it'd be stupid to start over from scratch.

Why? Because it became woke garbage. The first game was a masterpiece until the DLC. They pretty much killed the franchise when they focused away from Joel, just to kill him off too.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
it's just weird that this has to be pointed out...
It still makes no sense.

I didn’t stop enjoying walking dead when Rick retired from the show

Still enjoyed all the dragonball movies without goku

story makes the game, not a single character.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yes, I believe all the focus is on it for Niel
That and HBO leaning on his shoulders asking "you have a season 3... right?
To some it'll be the best game ever made with outstanding graphics, gameplay mechanics
to others? It'll be a convoluted mess that was painfully obvious it was written 13 years after the original and by different mindset like PT2 and It's should've ended at the first game.
This makes no sense

How do you love a game and then have no interest in its better looking better playing sequel
Understanding why the TLOUPT2 fails is how you understanding where TLOUPT1 succeeded.
The Last of Us PT2 doesn't fail because Joel dies.
It's convenience lazy writing to get to point A-B that ruins the game and in turn ruins the original.
How can you enjoy the gameplay and graphics if all you're thinking about is how the last cut scene you watched didn't make any sense and was straight up retarded
It's the unlikable characters you are ment to cheer on, the out of character story beats for the convenience of the new story to exist and the very poorly done revenge story.
So you can go on about it's graphics and gameplay all you want.
but that doesn't change that the story & execution was trash.
The general foundation of the story is fine, it just really badly done.

Last edited:
It still makes no sense.

well, you do you, as they say...

few games've gone more out of their way to engage the player emotionally with its main characters than last of us. &, as is often the case involving emotional attachment, it isn't really exclusively about whether or not it makes 'sense'. there's a reason most game/movie/book series are built around a recurring protagonist - many people obviously really like it! there's familiarity, & stability, & connection, & sharing in the experience of the character's development. i mean, what can i say? who we choose to become attached to is very subjective, &, yes, has quite a bit to do with our enjoyment of 'story' as predicated on that...

not to mention, i'd think that even you yourself would have to acknowledge that there's just a slight difference between a protagonist leaving a tv series after 9 seasons & one leaving a game series within the first hour of only the second game?...

Reactions: TGO

jayj

Banned
This makes no sense

How do you love a game and then have no interest in its better looking better playing sequel
I didn't exactly love the first one I just thought it was a decent game. As for the sequel, I know enough about it to know why I don't want it.
TLOU 2 is way better than the first though, you should really try it
Won't lie, this made me laugh.

simpatico

The next Naughty Dog game (non remake) will be PS5/PS6 cross gen at release. You heard it here first. I'm betting all the clout.

edit-ballai-maximus-abby-scaled.jpg
Listen, I see the hair on the chin, but the facial features on this are far too feminine. Shoulders too narrow as well. Broaden those things up. Basically put a wig on Nikola Jokic and you're golden.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I would hope that there is still something to come this gen, but realistically speaking. That they have just lost many years to Last of Us mp, so i don't think so. But it's about time for a new Uncharted game. Uncharted 4 came out in 2016!

nial

Gold Member
Season 2 (TLOU2) - Early 2025
Season 3 (TLOU2) - Early 2027
TLOU3 - June 2027
Season 4 (TLOU3) - Early 2029/2030
Just you wait, I will be right!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Going by history yes. LOU1 and 2 were launched right before the new consoles came out, so sony launches LOU games at peak user base before some start transitioning to the new console.

Timing is important since the games cost a lot and they need peak gamers. And then at some point remasters/remakes come out in the new gen for more sales, then a sequel. Rinse and repeat.

Lupin25

Nah

If they split up the 2nd season of the show like it’s been rumored, ND has more than enough time to produce:

2025 - TLOU Season 2 (Part 2, 1/2)
2025 - Q4, New IP
2027 - TLOU Season 3 (Part 2, 2/2)
2028 - TLOU, Pt. 3 PS5/PS6
2029 - TLOU Season 4 (Part 3. 1/2)

GermanZepp

It still makes no sense.

For many players they killed one of the main characters AND the story that 'makes the game' was bad. They took shitty choices, that's all.

Top Bottom