• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like Suikoden? Do you like detailed worlds? You should play the Trails games.

Link1110

Start with Trails in the Sky FC.

Yes, but there's various issues.

Bandai Namco's localization of 3, 4 and 5 (the Gagharv trilogy) have a bunch of bullshit wrong with them - the localization CHANGED the battle system for the worse, and the translation of them is filled with errors and not nearly as good as XSEED's.

Legend of Heroes goes all the way back to 1989, by the way.

This image was made before Azure and Cold Steel 1 & 2 existed.
How did the localization change the battle system? Do you mean the port?

And for anyone wanting to play those, go with white witch on Saturn and song of the ocean on pic. I can personally vouch for both. Haven't dug into 4 too much yet. What's the definitive version of it?

And anyone interested in the first two, I didn't get too far in either but the mega drive/Genesis versions are by far the best I've seen. Though do play 1 before 2, since 2 contains a rather long prologue that requires you to have beaten the first game to enjoy.

Dio

Banned
How did the localization change the battle system? Do you mean the port?

And for anyone wanting to play those, go with white witch on Saturn and song of the ocean on pic. I can personally vouch for both. Haven't dug into 4 too much yet. What's the definitive version of it?

And anyone interested in the first two, I didn't get too far in either but the mega drive/Genesis versions are by far the best I've seen. Though do play 1 before 2, since 2 contains a rather long prologue that requires you to have beaten the first game to enjoy.

From how I understand it the battle system was changed to a bad Lunar ripoff and control removed from several characters. I might be wrong but it was explained to me that the battle system was changed for Western audiences.

preta

From how I understand it the battle system was changed to a bad Lunar ripoff and control removed from several characters. I might be wrong but it was explained to me that the battle system was changed for Western audiences.

Those changes were in the PSP version in all regions AFAIK.

Top Bottom