• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you love your Mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazyslob

Banned
my mom is cool. she is the "my way or the highway" type of person and im the "fuck it aye" type of person so she doesnt like how i do shit but we have an understanding.

Mesousa

Banned
Love? Of course.

Like? Not so sure. She has a good heart, but I don't think she knows how to be a good person. All she knows is Christianity. Things/people..ect are good if they are Christian, if they are not, then they are bad. This is a damaging mindset which has turned her Children into train wrecks. I remember when I was mercilessly bullied in elementary school. I stood out like a sore thumb "high yella", sensitive,chubby, and spoke with my mom's distinct Puerto Rican accent despite living in the continental US my entire life. When I finally talked to her about it she shrugged it off and just said "Turn the other cheek and pray", and when she realized I was not happy with that non answer flipped out and blamed me for caring what dark kids said. Definitely not a person I would be around if they did not carry me for 9 months.

Nizz

Yes I do, very much so. If someone asked me what was most precious to me right now I'd tell them my mom. She's getting up there in age too. The worst day in my life will be when she's no longer here.

silva1991

I love her more than anything else more than my father and sisters(even though I love them alot too)

she is a Goddess in my world I can't imagine my life without her .

I have a love and hate relationship with my mother. She's the woman who gave me life, but let's just say that she wasn't the best parent regarding prepping your kid for life. She never did much cooking and always fed us microwavable, frozen dishes (pure crap) She always had this lazy mentality and would use manipulation to get others to do obligatory duties that pertained to housework and motherly duties.

What frustrates me the most about her is that I feel that she chooses to remain uneducated and has a very narrow perspective of things in life.

I see her an illiterate person who lacks structure in her life because she takes no initiation to learn new things and likes to gossip on the phone all day in while my poor father works his ass off at a stressful job to provide for his family.

I'm so happy that I'm the complete opposite of her and followed my father's mentality of wanting to continuously educate myself and live a structured life each day. Just thinking about my mother's day to day life of laziness depresses me.

My mom has 5 children and she clearly loves me the most and treats me preferentially (she admits it). She has always done whatever I wanted/needed without me even asking her to, as soon as she finds out or senses that I might need something, she'll do her best to make me have it. She's always put my interests before hers.

Yet when I ask myself if I love her, this is my reaction:

nsr.gif

I'm definitely grateful for everything she's done and continues to do for me, and I care a great deal about her happiness and wellbeing... but I don't exactly feel "love" towards her for some reason. Is that strange?

Lazyslob

Banned
My mom has 5 children and she clearly loves me the most and treats me preferentially (she admits it). She has always done whatever I wanted/needed without me even asking her to, as soon as she finds out or senses that I might need something, she'll do her best to make me have it. She's always put my interests before hers.

Yet when I ask myself if I love her, this is my reaction:

nsr.gif

I'm definitely grateful for everything she's done and continues to do for me, and I care a great deal about her happiness and wellbeing... but I don't exactly feel "love" towards her for some reason. Is that strange?

yeah thats kind of fucked up. most people have worst mothers and they love em and your indifferent to yours. but fuck it aye

Symphonia

Banned
I have an extremely strained relationship with both my mum and dad after a very, well, near-death experience when I was 17. I moved out and very rarely go to their house. No biggie

Definitely do. My mom's pretty great. Well, I say great. She's not a saint or anything, and can be a pain in my ass sometimes, but I get on well with her. She's never been judgmental of any of my tastes, she's never forced me to be academic (though I was anyway) and didn't give me any kind of stick when I decided to study game design at university. I think the only thing we argue about is how often I change my jeans (THE OWNER OF LEVIS SAID THEY'RE GOOD FOR A YEAR DAMNIT). I guess her biggest weakness is that she takes everything my sister says at face value, which is a little irritating because even though I love my sister, she can be a bit of a shit sometimes.

In fact, I love my mom so much, I'm kind of worried about moving out. I'm 24 and living at home, planning to move out when I get a full time job, but it'd mean leaving my mom on her own. Kind of wish she was interested in finding a new man so I wouldn't have to worry about her being alone all the time, but since she hasn't tried to in the last 15 years since her divorce, I don't see her trying any time soon. :[

Sigmaah

My mother may nag me all the time for suggested life choices, but she was always there when I needed her. She made good meals every night and gave me a lot of attention. There are some actions I disagree with my mother, but she always want the best for me and my sister. My grandmother and my friend's grandparents recent passings made me realize that life is short. Life is also the sum of our memories. Take charge of your life and enjoy your time on Earth the best you can.

I'm going to help out around the house more often.

How I feel about my mom.

I really should help more.

KooopaKid

Banned
My mother died today. I didn't grow up with her so I wasn't too attached to her but I still cried because she wasn't there when I was a child. What a waste :(

She always said she loved all of us equally..then she fell on her sword for a pedophile, and never looked back. It's taken me days to post this..so, there's you're answer. I do have surrogates that I love with all my heart, and am glad the world isn't as fucked and terrible as my upbringing would have me believe.

Thanks, moms!

J-Rod

Yeah, very much so. She's made a lot of mistakes like any human, but I know she loves me and my siblings more than anything and has always put us first, even before herself.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah my mom is a great lady. Also her baking game is too strong.

Eggbok

I love my mother a whole fuck ton. Before my brother was born it was pretty much me and her for a long time. And because of that we have a really close bond that no one can really break. She is a very classy lady, never curses, smokes, drinks and pretty much raised me to be the same way. For a while we struggled but she did her best to give me everything I needed and wanted even if she might not have been able to. My mom is the GOAT and I love her dearly.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
My mum is amazing. My favorite person <3 I love when I get to see her, she's really the older sister I never had.

My mother died today. I didn't grow up with her so I wasn't too attached to her but I still cried because she wasn't there when I was a child. What a waste :(

I'm sorry to hear, my condolences :(

Fjordson

Yes. More than anything. Did right by me and my siblings growing up, has always been there for me no matter what and has always been easy to talk to about anything. And as a bonus, she's just fun to be around and shares my interest in music and sports.

It's almost unthinkable when you're growing up and just want to get out of the house and be with friends, but as an adult I actually really like hangin' out with mom.

fushi

I like my mom, but we have never been close. She has always been a bit awkward with me for some reason. The one thing I realized after growing up and moving out is that we had no physical contact with each other, no hugs or anything. But I guess I am not that physical either, so maybe it's a common trait.

Related story: A former coworker of mine who I hung out with a lot referred to his mom as "loser". When I asked him why, he told me how his dad left when he was young, how his mom had a low paying job as a cashier and how he had to work himself to get anywhere, unlike all the "other people" (he may or may not have meant me here). There was some real bitterness to the way he said it, like his mother was to blame for him not having achieved anything at the age of 27. He probably didn't even realize how egotistical it all came off. Lost a lot of respect for the guy after that.

Edit: Now that I think about, I have another friend whose parents separated when they were young and his mother raised him alone while being a tram driver or something. And he, like the other dude, has always seemed kinda irritated and angry with his mother.

Fake edit: And now I am remembering a third one with a similar story. Damn, single moms have it tough.

Meffer

Of course I do. She's done so much for me and really cares for me. And she's a wonderful person. I'm proud that I'm her son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom