• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think E3 will be a thing this year?

Kadayi

Banned
giphy.gif

Shit takes months to organise, it ain't happening, unfortunately.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I don't think right now it will happen. Maybe if everything is cleared up by March, but I doubt it then. People may do a show, but no on the show floor E3.

Fbh

In a physical location? Doubt it.
This stuff takes months to organize and setup and I imagine at this point no one knows how the situation will be in 6 months.

Online could be, but the ESA would have to set it up for free as a sort of way to keep the E3 brand relevant. Big companies aren't going to pay thousands to be part of some digital event when they can just do their own thing at no additional cost.

Last edited:

OrtizTwelve

E3 will be irrelevant this year. It has been for a long time now.

Each major console manufacturer will hold their own digital presentation with games and that's what most people care about anyways.

Arkam

I would hope so, E3 is in June. Most people should be vaccinated by then no?
It is not (and never has been) about "when it is actually safe". Its about when does the legal liability and social "fear" diminish enough to allow. Most offices that are WFH right now could easily go back safely.... but their lawyers will not allow it.

So to the OP.... NO FUCKING WAY there is an E3 this year (in Person). Exhibitors would need to sign on very soon and I dont think anyone would right now. Sure in June they might be willing to if things trend the right way.... but they wont know until then.

Depends on vaccine rollout, which so far isn't looking so great. That being said, by June, I wouldn't write out an E3 with limited occupancy, like an event only available to media and retailers, something that has been standard in the early days of E3.

Top Bottom