• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you wear shorts or jeans? or both?

Hip Hop

I know so many people that either wear shorts but never jeans.
Or they wear jeans, but never shorts.

I actually picture them weirdly if they wore what they never wore. But I do both and don't mind to do both.

When I ask people why they only wear one type, they say the other type makes them feel weird. It' crazy because I really don't care what I wear.

What do you wear and why?

badblue

When it's cold or I'm someplace that calls for it, I'm wearing jeans.

When it's hot and I'm someplace that allows for it, I'm wearing shorts.

When I'm at home:
george costanza seinfeld GIF

Laptop1991

I wear both, shorts in the summer, jeans the other 3 season's, well when i go out, trackie bottoms in the house if i'm not

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I know so many people that either wear shorts but never jeans.
Or they wear jeans, but never shorts.

I actually picture them weirdly if they wore what they never wore. But I do both and don't mind to do both.

When I ask people why they only wear one type, they say the other type makes them feel weird. It' crazy because I really don't care what I wear.

What do you wear and why?
I won't wear pants unless the temps get below 70f or I'm going to a nice restaurant or some place that requires pants.

Cohetedor

For work, shorts year round, even though I live in Michigan. Long pants are for formal occasions and out and about in colder months only.

Dark Star

I like shorts and wear them all year

Love gym shorts and black cargo shorts

I like jeans but usually only wear if going out or it’s a cold day in Texas

At work in office I wear chinos

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
edit : someone smarter than me already pointed out the extreme fallacy of the conundrum.

Imo a better question would be :
"Jeans or sweatpants ?"

My answer would then be sweatpants but only at home for now. I did not yet manage to gather the courage to show up at work wearing them, but i finally managed to pass the public servant exam (A rank you guys :messenger_sunglasses: to get higher than that -rank A+ and then "hors classe" - you need to be full on autistic with your studies or have an uncle in politics and im provided with neither) so im pretty much unfirable now i could come to work in a tutu noone would say anything, but it just don't feel right...

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Boxer shorts and jeans in winter.

Boxer shorts and shorts in the summer.

But never shorts and jeans at the same time. Madness.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I don't like jeans I'll wear Italian trousers in linen if I have to wear pants in the summer and I would rather die than wear gym shorts or cargo anything.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Currently wearing jeans because it’s cold. When it‘s hot, I wear nice shorts. When I go running or mow the lawn, I lose the shirt and wear cheap gym shorts.

Basically dress for the weather/occasion.

SJRB

Gold Member
What a weird premise. It depends on the time of year + temperature? Doesn't everyone just dress according to the current weather?

In the Summer when it's 35 degrees C I'm wearing shorts. In the winter when it's 0 C I'm wearing jeans. But when it's 20 degrees in the Summer I'm wearing jeans.

BlackTron

All I ever wear are jeans or shorts. Haven't used any real pants or suits in years although I still own them

The people who wear one or the other are the weird ones. Ever notice that guy outside wearing shorts with snow on the ground? Uh, yeah...

Only exception I can think is if you live on the equator or something

Paltheos

That's weird - this is a temperature-dependent question. In part anyway. I can understand not wearing shorts - my brother thinks they look undignified and hey you do you - but you have to wear pants when it's cold... unless your climate permits it?

Anyway, shorts are fine for me in warmer months. I never wear jeans because I think they're uncomfortable. Sweat pants around the house and on whatever days and khakis otherwise. Imo a good pair of khakis floors jeans any day of the week.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
In what bizzaro world are khakis and jeans the only pants that exist? Going by these comments it seems linen and wool doesn't exist where ever some of you live. I wear wool pants in the winter and linen pants in the summer when I'm not wearing shorts

chlorate

This makes me want to rock some baggy jorts on top of some skinny jeans

Truly a gross, transgressive act

Last edited:

Muffdraul

For decades I wore Levis pretty exclusively, starting around 7th grade. About 10 years ago I bought a pair of cargo pants for some reason. More than one person gave me shit for it, because apparently cargo pants are the lamest thing ever or something? I had not gotten that memo. But at that point I stopped wearing jeans and switched to cargo pants out of pure bitter spite. My favorites are the really fugly urban camo.

At home, I wear gym shorts or cozy flannel pajama pants depending on the weather.

Last edited:
Top Bottom