• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA Festival [ Stream + Announcement - 8/1]

Announcement/Last Round News: 8/1 at 12:45am PT / 3:45am ET / 4:45pm JST

Stream:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv228872054
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZhHqOmYcYo

Stream Schedule (In JST).

13:00 - 14:30 In-Game Photo Contest, Cosplay Contest
14:45 - 16:40 World Exhibition Match in Tokyo
16:40 - 17:00 Dead or Alive 5 Last Round news

In the event official page (in english) it says Special Announcement but as you can see above, in the youtube page it says Last Round news, I guess it could be a new DLC costume pack or something else. Just watch it for the matches and maybe at the end we will have a nice surprise.

Skilletor

Ooh, maybe some new characters?

Kind of wish they'd let DoA5 die and move on to 6, especially since they don't care about the PC port.

JordanN

Banned
I have heard rumours they"ll be teasing a new game.

There was a rumor from 2014 that said they were working on a PS4 exclusive.

Edit: Maybe not a rumor but confirmed? Well here's one source.
http://gematsu.com/2014/02/team-ninja-developing-playstation-4-game

Followed by this statement:
2. Will TN start becoming exclusive to PS4 in the future?

There has already been a huge rumor pertaining to this and I think it's very possible. Also there hasn't been a big uproar on the possibility of it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778280

There was a rumor from 2013 that said they were working on a PS4 exclusive.

ZaFC08i.gif

AAK

I fear you guys are elevating the "announcement" to something far greater than it should. When I heard this news and considering the venue they're announcing it I'm thinking it's something more along the lines of an extra pot bonus to the DOA5 Battle Royale finale happening at the end of the year or a continuation of Battle Royale into 2016 replicating Capcom's CPT.

I highly doubt it's anything tangible like DLC let alone a brand new game announcement.

I fear you guys are elevating the "announcement" to something far greater than it should. When I heard this news and considering the venue they're announcing it I'm thinking it's something more along the lines of an extra pot bonus to the DOA5 Battle Royale finale happening at the end of the year or a continuation of Battle Royale into 2016 replicating Capcom's CPT.

I highly doubt it's anything tangible like DLC let alone a brand new game announcement.

This hype train runs on unconfirmed rumors! My vibe is unbreakable!

Toot toot, mother fucker!

First-ever Dead or Alive Festival fan event will be live from Tokyo, Japan!
Live Stream Link: http://bit.ly/DEADORALIVE_FESTIVAL

For US Fans.
Stream will start:
9:00 PM PST (GMT-5) (7/31)
10:00 PM MST (GMT-6) (7/31)
11:00 PM CST (GMT-7) (7/31)
12:00 AM EST (GMT-8) (8/01)

Current Schedule:

In-game Photo Contest, Cosplay Contest
9:00 PM - 10:30 PM PST
10:00 PM - 11:30 PM MST
11:00 PM - 12:30 AM CST
12:00 AM - 1:30 AM EST

World Exhibition Match in Tokyo
10:45 PM - 12:40 AM PST
11:45 PM - 1:40 AM MST
12:45 AM - 2:40 AM CST
1:45 AM - 3:40 AM EST

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round News
12:40 AM - 1:00 AM PST
1:40 AM - 2:00 AM MST
2:40 AM - 3:00 AM CST
3:40 AM - 4:00 AM EST

For more information regarding DOA Festival
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/las..._festival.html

Eolz

I'm sure that whatever it is, it should be fun.
I'm just glad we should get some replay, pretty bad schedule for the west.
And yeah, betting on DOAX3 too, makes the most sense.

I'm sure that whatever it is, it should be fun.
I'm just glad we should get some replay, pretty bad schedule for the west.
And yeah, betting on DOAX3 too, makes the most sense.

Yeah its not really the best times for the west. But they will archive the video to be viewed later :)

Give me DOAX3

It is Doax 3 we know this.

Volleyball, please and thanks.

Ooh, maybe some new characters?

Kind of wish they'd let DoA5 die and move on to 6, especially since they don't care about the PC port.

DOA XXXTREME Volleyball is coming back I bet. And all costumes from DOA5 LR will be compatible (that's my guess)

Yes please. Been waiting for new game, I'd prefer DOA6 but I would definitely get DOAX3. I will probably stay up late for this announcement. Please be excited.

11 PM CST for the costume contest if anyone is curious

No I did not look up a clock conversion site to figure out when that happens only for the costume contest

ShinMaruku

Itagaki is too busy trying to con people into buying devil's third.

He'd be to bitter to come here. They made a better game than he ever did. :p

DOA6 Exclusive to PS4 next year AND SF5? Or maybe Beach Volleyball with special Onechanbara cross over? Whatever, color me intrigued.

No idea if any of what I just said is true aside from the intrigued thing.

KyleCross

DOA XXXTREME Volleyball is coming back I bet. And all costumes from DOA5 LR will be compatible (that's my guess)

If they seriously do make another Xtreme Beach Volleyball they need to just say "Fuck it" and give people that actually play them what they want; a full nude mode. Just make it a $159.99 optional DLC.

People would buy it too. I can't believe there's $100 DLC packs up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Online mode for pc out of beta?

HAHAHAHAHAHA... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *breathes*

... *promptly bursts into tears over waiting for that*

Yeah, no. I doubt it's going to be that given the beta still has disconnections and still does not have player matches in it.

Griss

Huh, was just playing Last Round on the PS4. Hadn't tried it yet... what can I say I still bloody love Dead or Alive. It's what I wanted fighting games to be when I was a kid. Nyotengu is genius, too.

Guessing this is a new DoA X game or they wouldn't do a stream. I just hope it's a proper beach sports game with good gameplay rather than just a swimsuit fest but I realise I probably hope in vain. Not that I have any issue with people enjoying the sex appeal of DoA, I'd just like a good game at the same time.

Back to the combo challenges. They're fun as hell.

Top Bottom