• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA: Ultimate - October?

BuddyC

http://www.gamedaily.com/xbox/article/?id=7056&game_id=227&source=00001

While Tecmo has not confirmed the latest release date for the highly anticipated online edition of the popular Dead Or Alive series, the official Xbox website for Dead Or Alive Ultimate has been updated to show an October 2004 release. This date is a few months off the previous announcement of a summer 2004 release. Several online retailers have listed this date for some time now, but this recent update seems to hold a bit more water considering it is an official Xbox site.

Dead Or Alive Ultimate, which shattered many a gamers hopes by not being playable at May's E3, is Team Ninja's latest attempt to revolutionize the 3D fighting genre, this time by being the first to include fully functional online play. Despite the hopes of both publisher Tecmo and developer Team Ninja however, the continual delay of Dead Or Alive Ultimate may hand the title of "first online 3D fighter" over to the rival Mortal Kombat Deception, which is also slated for an early October release.

Hopefully the delays will end up making this ambitious and beautifully constructed fighter even better in the end...We'll just have to see which way things "bounce" for latest in the Dead Or Alive series.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well, two years in a row Team Ninja have pushed games back into the new year, im betting they go 3 for 3.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Dunno. What I do know is lag will be somewhat of an issue.

Don't expect it to be like your opponent is sitting on the couch with you. Although the potential is there, I don't see this game being taken seriously from a competition standpoint.

One day...

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Itagaki was bragging that developers who complain about lag are stupid, so it'll be interesting to see his solutions to the problem.

DrDogg

October is just the current release date. I wouldn't be surprised if it slips into 2005.

Also, there's been no word specifically on having a guest for tag, but Itagaki has said that tag will only be between 2 players. Perhaps he wasn't thinking about the guest option or perhaps there is no guest option?

I have this game pre-ordered from Tecmo.com... first 500 or something were to get a free special DOA pillow, which I was one of...

cant wait.. I love DOA3.. its not my favorite fighter ever, but I certainly think its one of my faves ever... Having DOA1 from Sega Saturn will be nice too... considering how much I am into my sega saturn lately, that will save me one game I dont have to track down :)

however, I doubt DOA:U will supplant fighter's megamix as being my fighting game staple... though I think when I get VF Kids, that will be my obsession for a while.. I loved VF1/2 so much, this variation should rock.

MC Safety

I got to play the game online at Team Ninja HQ before E3. I'm glad to report the fighting was really fluid -- in fact, I don't recall the game stuttering one bit.

But that wasn't the real exclusive. The real and true exclusive was getting to see Tomonobu Itagaki's eyes.

Top Bottom