• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA4 tops the UK charts!

Pug

All the shops got stocked back up with the release of DOA4. My Local GAME Cardiff had just over a 100 premiums and sold them all in two days. Gofreak they nearly always have boxes on shelves when you go and ask they are usually out of stock and take your name a Telephone no. its just a bit of basic shop management tactic.

MbGCaM

dorio said:
If you can't make headway in Japan, go after the next biggest market. Btw, what's the largest videogame market after Japan and the US?

1- USA
2- Japan
3 - United Kingdom
4 - Spain
5 - France
6 - Germany

hadareud

The Translator
Quite amazing how well 360 software is doing here. And yes, there is still severe hardware shortages (as in, you won't be able to buy one unless you are seriously lucky, especially in places like London).

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Frankfurter said:
Wow. DoA 4 + Condemned + PGR3, really good week for X360. It is probably more or less back in stock.
Perfect Dark Zero also shot up from 27 to 14.

Pimpwerx

I hate DOA, but nice to see the 360 isn't...uh...DOA over there. ;) Must finally have some sufficient stock over there. Hopefully more (worthy) titles start creeping up that title. And I don't know if anyone mentioned it (you're slipping Izzy), but look at them legs on GTA. Has it sold the most of any platform exclusive title since it came out last year? Looks like GTA has a mobile home. PSP: Elevating handheld gaming from the ghetto to the trailer park. :lol PEACE.

Bowen_B

Banned
fronn said:
Why is it that Europe so consistantly has the worst tastes in games? (previous weeks are more solid examples: Shadow the hedgehog, and Crazy Frog say hello!)

I suppose NA and Japan have a fair share (majority) of their lists as crappy games too, but Europe seems to take the cake.
UK gamer taste is fine, they just don't buy games from the UK
Anyone from the UK with sense imports or buys second hand!
Check Sony having heart attacks about imports and second hand purchases.

Seems UK has had a nice restock. Most places now have them in stock (that i have been too!! anecdotal i know) i was in Bluewater and Lakeside at the weekend (2 of the biggest shopping centres (malls) in the UK)
a very pushy lady asked if i needed any help as i was looking at a DOA4 box. She asked if i had the console "No" i replied, "well we only have 10 left, so you need to hurry if you want one"
2 where being sold in bundles with 2 pads and some games for £769 ($1200 approx!!) :lol :lol

ioi

Banned
First of all, Spain isn't a larger market than France, and probably tied with Germany:

USA
Japan
UK
France
Spain, Germany
Italy

etc...

John Harker said:
Do we have any idea how Sonic Rush sits in WW sales now?

Japan- not a lot, less than 20k
USA- wasn't it about 140k?
Europe- About 150k in the UK, so maybe 350k in Europe?

Half a million I'd say.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Think you are thinking of ultimate, this is the first DOA since the DC version they've actually tried to fix.

Top Bottom