• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA5:LR PC Modding Thread

Marie hair texture pack, red, black, white, black with white dip dye, and black with red dip dye

iGqAqnJ.jpg

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/KPxn9/

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c4zl71mtlu92va8/MarieRoseHairPack.rar

orava

How easy is it to access the assets? Were the devs seriously against modding or were the just like "pls don't mod our game wink wink nudge nudge ;)"

StayDead

So many mods already, damn! Now I just need some money to buy the game haha.

Although it's a shame DoA6 isn't coming out on PC now there's already a nude mod :p (if they do this then they're really stupid)

Dunkley

They brought this upon themselves asking people not to mod the game yet half-assing the port as much as they did.

Regardless of modding or not future DoAs wouldn't have happened on PC. With modding the PC version has at least some appeal.

vato_loco

Amazing how fast the moddings started on this one. Hope it thrives.

I have a question, though. Before its release, I checked the minimum requirements to run the game, and it calls for an i7, which I don't have.

So do these mods put a lot more pressure on the CPU/GPU? Should I even bother? My GPU is probably up to the task but I'm not sure.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I have a question, though. Before its release, I checked the minimum requirements to run the game, and it calls for an i7, which I don't have.

So do these mods put a lot more pressure on the CPU/GPU? Should I even bother? My GPU is probably up to the task but I'm not sure.
I've seen people saying the specs are wrong and the game is not demanding. I run it fine on my laptop 4k res with no issues and texture swaps

laxu

No that i7 thing is complete bollocks, there is absolutely nothing in the game that specifically requires i7 extra features. The game isn't all that demanding. It doesn't even seem to support SLI yet my GTX 970 runs it at 60fps in 2560x1440 with everything on max (including 4xSSAA) + SweetFX adding more fx on top.

As it is the mods shouldn't cause anything more than slightly higher VRAM use if texture resolution is higher than stock.

Im using an i3-3220 and outside of a second of stuttering at the beginning of some matches, I'm running it at 60fps with everything maxed at 1080p along with SweetFX

Pachimari

I'm now gonna try and mod this game. Is it generally hard to do?

*Meanwhile I'll read the OP.

[edit] Man this is hard for me. I can't even get the DiZpel Resolution Mod to work.

I'm now gonna try and mod this game. Is it generally hard to do?

*Meanwhile I'll read the OP.

[edit] Man this is hard for me. I can't even get the DiZpel Resolution Mod to work.
Hmm how come?

Put the files from the archive into your game directory (where game.exe is) and edit the .ini file with the resolution you want. That should be all you need to do. It only works if DOA is set to run in full screen, doesn't work with windowed mode, and at non 16:9 resolutions it will add black bars.

Don't remove the ";" in the .ini file if you're not using SweetFX.

As for you first question, it should be a piece of cake to install mods. I'm working on making the OP as beginner friendly as possible (as well as covering everything up to making your own modeled assets eventually) so if anything's hard to follow tell me and I'll try make it clearer.

Vazra

Yeah, it wasn't there before I turned it on. I'm a little worried about it once online gets patched in but I don't really notice it anymore.

When I play online I'll go all clean just for the most optimized fights as possible but its not really that hard to deal with it turning off mods and sweetfx so no big deal.

Corgi

Banned
lol kotaku just straight posting nude mod pics, no black bars or anything.

patricia doesn't give a fuck!

cwistofu

How do I uninstall Reshade/SweetFX?

I deleted the files it added, but when I run the game, I still get the message:

"Loading effect...No effect found!"

vato_loco

I've seen people saying the specs are wrong and the game is not demanding. I run it fine on my laptop 4k res with no issues and texture swaps

No that i7 thing is complete bollocks, there is absolutely nothing in the game that specifically requires i7 extra features. The game isn't all that demanding. It doesn't even seem to support SLI yet my GTX 970 runs it at 60fps in 2560x1440 with everything on max (including 4xSSAA) + SweetFX adding more fx on top.

As it is the mods shouldn't cause anything more than slightly higher VRAM use if texture resolution is higher than stock.

Im using an i3-3220 and outside of a second of stuttering at the beginning of some matches, I'm running it at 60fps with everything maxed at 1080p along with SweetFX

Ok, you convinced me. I'm gonna give it a go and see where it takes me.

Rigbaby

Neo Member
Thinking out loud here, but I am wondering if the subsurface scattering option found in boris' enb could be applied to DOA to address the lack of "soft engine"??

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Thinking out loud here, but I am wondering if the subsurface scattering option found in boris' enb could be applied to DOA to address the lack of "soft engine"??

Boris would need to make it compatible with the game since it's closed source. He has a request subforum over on his site.

ODDI

Hey guys how's it goin just u know popping my head in yeah know, cool cool cool do your thing.

*sub*

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm just sitting over here waiting for model replacement and being able to make characters use other characters moves...

Vazra

On my plans but no idea when I'll get around it but it shall be Capcom Vs SNK. (Pics represent the outfit I'll be retexturing to make the mentioned characters)

Christie will be King
Hitomi will be Makoto
Ayane will be Sakura
Kasumi will be Mai
Marie Rose will be Kula
ibbapK5PolKL7X.jpg

and Lei-Fang which I already made and posted.

Gotta check Momiji's outfits cause I might make Ibuki with her.

Mephala

On my plans but no idea when I'll get around it but it shall be Capcom Vs SNK. (Pics represent the outfit I'll be retexturing to make the mentioned characters)

Christie will be King

Hitomi will be Makoto

Ayane will be Sakura

Kasumi will be Mai

Marie Rose will be Kula

and Lei-Fang which I already made and posted.

Gotta check Momiji's outfits cause I might make Ibuki with her.

Mila -> Vanessa please!

Top Bottom